What Are You Listening To?

Really nice cover of Loving You

If you love accoustic guitar playing, the guys in this video do a great job I think. The Singer is easy on the eye's and does a great job singing this song. 

Love Multi-cultural singing in various languages.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:15 PM, David said:

Gashina

I am not sure which is stronger, your fetish for Asian ladies or Ocnblu's fetish for ICE cars. Don't feel bad, I have the same level of fetish for woodworking tools. The added benifit for you and "blu is that Asian aldies and ICE cars won't amputate your fingers...

Love this video. 

Also this oldie...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

I know the song may be what some would call “generic rock” but I have always dug it. Just a slick little rhythm to it. 

Five more minutes on break before I ahve to go repair a plumbing issue, this should fill it nicely. 

Sounds fantastic!

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Sometimes, 'generic' just works.

Absolutely. 

55 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

I really like the photographic/video quality of the video as well. Huge thumbs up from me. 

Edited by A Horse With No Name
Spelling
  • Agree 1

Thanx to @balthazar   Ive been on a Def Leppard blitz since last week ever since he posted a song from them. 

My favorite group from the 1980s.  

I posted Armageddon it last week but I came across this version 3 days ago. Never heard this version before.  Absolutely LOVE it.  Its more raw. More guitar. The drums are more front and center. Less harmony with their vocals.   I think it just became my favorite song from them. 

This song remains a favorite. Love the guitar on this.  

This next song was formerly my favorite song from Def.  Probably #2 now. 

• Agree 2

Hadn't thought of Def Leppard in decades, just stumbled over them again this month. I wasn't huge on them back in the day, but digging them now. They were so huge back in the day. 
This one has some fantastic bones; man would I love to see a supercharged cover of it. I love the chorus, there could be a bunch more of it: 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Getting into some goodies but oldies movie music. This is an actual song that was a one hit wonder and the drummer eventually took his now wife and moved to the San Juan islands and too this day still runs one of the best Drummer schools in the world.

Great history and music, worth the watch!

That Thing You Do! (1996) - IMDb

• Agree 2

Awesome movie, Less than Zero! Movie main song was a Great remake of the original.

Another amazing song with a woman I have always found lovely, Jennifer Connelly! Still smok'in Hot!

• Agree 2

Since you are doing movies with memorable scenes with lovely girls. Imma gonna post one too. 

But before I do...this scene has been etched in my memory and thanx to the internets, it will forever live in my mind. 

Image result for career opportunities gif

The dance is incredible. Salma Hayek even more. But the song is pure sex. THAT says a lot about the song...

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Since you are doing movies with memorable scenes with lovely girls. Imma gonna post one too. 

But before I do...this scene has been etched in my memory and thanx to the internets, it will forever live in my mind. 

Image result for career opportunities gif

The dance is incredible. Salma Hayek even more. But the song is pure sex. THAT says a lot about the song...

Like you, I am sure you would be happy to play that horse for Jennifer! ;)

Yes, After Dark is pure sex! :D 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, balthazar said:

Clicked quickly thru a '1993-2021 tribute' video; I've never heard any of that before. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you ever watched Tron: Legacy movie, then you have heard their music as they are featured in the movie and in a few scenes.

TRON: Legacy (2010) - IMDb

• Agree 1

More Daft Punk Fun Music!

Tron: Legacy where Daft Punk had their Cameo and did the blending of Music!

What the European RAVE concerts where like when you went to one with Daft Punk.

Not everything I liked that Daft Punk did, but they did have some fun music and videos.

The Weekend

Around the World, Last one as work calls.

• Agree 1

Never saw Tron.

I said this to my son yesterday, standing in a convince store waiting on lunch & listening to 2 songs piped in. 'Modern pop music certainly is wretched, lyrically.' If you're lucky, you get 2 repeating lines instead of just 1. It's all disposable garbage to me and I never listen to it if I have a choice (but sometimes you're just subjected to it). I have heard that 'get lucky' song - abhorrant & vapid.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

Never saw Tron.

I said this to my son yesterday, standing in a convince store waiting on lunch & listening to 2 songs piped in. 'Modern pop music certainly is wretched, lyrically.' If you're lucky, you get 2 repeating lines instead of just 1. It's all disposable garbage to me and I never listen to it if I have a choice (but sometimes you're just subjected to it). I have heard that 'get lucky' song - abhorrant & vapid.

I would say all music has wretched, lyrically songs. I honestly have not found a single band that has all great music. Just cherry pick what i like.

• Sad 1

On 2/23/2021 at 11:11 PM, oldshurst442 said:

I know I have heard of the group before, but I didnt know if I knew any of their "songs"...

Turns out I am familiar with at least 2. I was inspired to find out when I read Balthy was inspired to found out who they were.  

With the being said...

I love this album...

No photo description available.

• Haha 2

Enjoying Jazz as I get some work done on my current project. Never heard this before, but as a former trumpet and piano player of Jazz, have to say I am really enjoying this. Awesome background music.

Finishing up a project and listening to this great song off the Kill Bill Sound Track. An amazing Japanese guitarist who came to America to learn Jazz, then went home after a decade and started his own sound.