What Are You Listening To?

The last 30 years did seem to go by fast.  I just finished being a teen in 1991, became an adult exactly in 1991 (18 years old) . Although I was and still am a teen at heart LOL.  Experienced what young adults experience at the fullest.  Started a business. Met a wonderfully smart and beautiful young lady.  Got married to her. 2 kids that are teens themselves right about now.  

Bruce knew what he was talking about even though he was in his 30s when he released this song

Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

Although I aint done livin' by a looooong shot. I got a helluva lot more to accomplish,  I may have to start thinkin' I aint no teenager no more.  It may be embarrassing for my kids and wife...   

NAH!    Boys will always be boys!  THAT is how I will live longer.  YOUNG at heart!!!  Besides...there are even  more glory days to come!  And I cant wait to experience them!  One day at a time! 

• Agree 2

I really really loved this song in back in 1987.   As time marched forward  and unto the 1990s, I had forgotten about it.   About a decade ago, I came across this song again.  And since then, I keep on coming back to it from time to time.  Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.  Something about it just makes me remember Montreal summers in the 1980s more than any other song of that time period. I have no idea why other than I really really loved that song in 1987...  It wasnt even my favorite song. I just enjoyed it...a lot. And now...I enjoy it even more. 

• Agree 2

I started to wane off of rock in the early 1990s.  I still listened to the classics of the '50s and '60s whenever I could, but my '80s dance pop, disco, and hip hop interests just grew that much faster as I was entering the age where I could go clubbing.  It didnt help my rock interests when at this point in time, good rock was just a shadow of its former self.  Some gems still being produced, but dance tracks did not peak yet.  In the 1980s, I kept on hearing that disco had finally died, but honestly, I didnt see it. I saw it evolve and it became even bigger than it was in the 1970s.

Although not disco...these Eurodance and Hip Hop dance club hits were EVERYWHERE in the late 1980s  and well into the 1990s.  And I see them as a continuation of disco. 

• Agree 1

I was just going to put up this song because it reminded me of a discussion I had with someone within the last few months.  The song is a TRIBUTE to outgoing FLOTUS Melania Trump.  Evidently, Melania met The Donald at a nightclub or party for A-list Manhattanites.  He needed to trade up to an even younger spouse and Melania must have fit the bill.  They exchanged phone numbers and the rest is history.  

The person I was having the discussion with agreed that, yes, she was digging for gold, given the age difference and the fact that she was running on fumes and her allowed time in the U.S. might have come to an end.  So, we understood why she would marry The Donald.  However, she most likely envisioned being a successful businessman and developer's wife, and all the typical duties that tend to go with that role ... with "typical" being the operative word.

I think she's slightly cool for her being European, having that accent, and teaching her kid to speak Slovenian.  She seems to have done a good job as a mom and seems very proud of that part of her life.

I don't think that she would have ever envisioned as much scrutiny and attention she was subjected to, including having to get up and speak at national conventions, pitch her husband, and be thrust into politics.  She had to do WAY more than what anyone agreeing to marry someone very wealthy would have had to do.  With that in mind:

• Thanks 1

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/people-died-january-6-pelosi-172452206.html

the former president doesn't have any lawyers defending him, as people he was once close to have distanced themselves from him in the wake of the riot.

With THAT in mind:

Send him lawyers, guns and money! 

Where is his dad to get him out of this? 

He is down on his luck! 

The shyte has hit the fan! 

• Thanks 1

I had to look up this song in its original state as I never heard the song before.  

Its aight, I guess.  Funky '70s beat and sounds.  I always like Stevie Wonder, and this song is no different, but not my favorite from him. OK...back to the story. 

I got a suggestion from Youtube.  Now...I know (and like) Paradise City from GnR.  Its just that this Youtuber made a mash-up with Stevie Wonder's Living for the City and Paradise City. 

THIS VERSION ROCKS in my opinion and it would be my favorite from all of them!!!

Edited by oldshurst442

On 1/18/2021 at 9:53 AM, oldshurst442 said:

I really really loved this song in back in 1987.   As time marched forward  and unto the 1990s, I had forgotten about it.   About a decade ago, I came across this song again.  And since then, I keep on coming back to it from time to time.  Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.  Something about it just makes me remember Montreal summers in the 1980s more than any other song of that time period. I have no idea why other than I really really loved that song in 1987...  It wasnt even my favorite song. I just enjoyed it...a lot. And now...I enjoy it even more. 

Very good song....

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Still better than some insipid, nasally K-pop crap.

The benefits of Multi-Cultural is that I am happy to tolerate his music since the wife and daughter love him and like all music from all artists, always willing to give it a try.

Enjoying me some Garth!

• Agree 2

Though I'm more into rock, pop, '80s synth pop, and grunge, I dabble in country music, and I do like Garth.  Another more recent country singer I like is Chris Stapleton...great voice and storyteller..

Fire Away:

Parachute:

• Like 2

Steve Clark was a very underrated guitar player.

Come to think of it, so is Phil Collen to this day.  

BECAUSE of that little ditty on top there, I had to Rock Rock 'til I drop

And a little bit of Armageddon as its OUR turn up here to get slammed by this snowstorm phoquing up the North East...

I like this track 'Blinding Lights' by The Weeknd.  Not that familiar w/ him, but he's going to be on the Super Bowl halftime show this Sunday.   This song is very catchy, and I like the Merc AMG GT convertible (and there is a '60s Lincoln in one scene..)... red is a prominent color in the video (the bleeding guy opening scene is a bit weird). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1