Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flybrian

Production-ready G8 spotted in Australia

52 posts in this topic

SPIED! Pontiac G8
Posted Image
Samantha Stevens | 08/28/2007 | Link to Original Article @ Wheels

Wheels reader Jesse White has snapped up some shots of a Pontiac G8 out for a Sunday drive in the south-eastern suburbs of Victoria.

According to our spy snapper, this nostrilled model looked quite the production-ready American car - but with 17-inch Holden-spec wheels.

Thanks Jesse!

Posted ImagePosted Image

love the color - if the dealers don't screw with the pricing, it should sell well against a lot of cars.

Edited by toesuf94

Bit of a shame about not having the new 'arrowhead' , but that's a meager detail. This car is still awesome.

WooHOO!

It doesn't have the damn ugly clear tails!!!

:pbjtime:

She's a base model, not a GT. I think I remember the GTs getting the clear tails.

Still, looks like one heck of a base model. :omfg:

Well I refuse to buy this car because Holden screwed it up and put a red emblem on it and not the new one.

....... Just Kidding... It looks great! :)

I just though I would say this just to get it over with before one of our Anti Holdenmites said it. Now that it was said continue to enjoy the view uninterrupted.

[Camino this was no way intended for you!] :)

Edited by hyperv6

I'm glad they kept the red emblem. The pre-production G8 in Smoke Signals has the red emblem as well. Even better that I can retrofit the red tail lights if I don't like the clear ones. Maybe I'll de-badge the the "G8" from the deck lid altogether and get a "Bonneville" badge made for it instead!

She's a base model, not a GT. I think I remember the GTs getting the clear tails.

Still, looks like one heck of a base model. :omfg:

Well, at least we won't have to get them shipped from Oz. A trip to the local Pontiac parts counter will solve that problem.

I'm glad they kept the red emblem. The pre-production G8 in Smoke Signals has the red emblem as well. Even better that I can retrofit the red tail lights if I don't like the clear ones. Maybe I'll de-badge the the "G8" from the deck lid altogether and get a "Bonneville" badge made for it instead!

Who not "Grand Prix"?

Just a guess, but to a Pontiac fan Grand Prix might have to be a coupe to deserve the name whereas Bonneville is a natural fit.

Pontiac should just ship them over with no badging and just offer emblems of your choice. It's the You Bought it You Name it kind of thing.

It could just be sold as the full size Pontiac and then you would have 5 dealer installed names to stick on it.

I would like to get the GXP edition when it arrives and stick Royal Bobcat emblems on it.

This car should do well. Many here claim it is too plain to be a Pontiac while over at AutoBlog.com many claim it is too over done in a Pontiac way and should have been left a Holden. If public opinon is going this way this way then GM nailed it and it will do well.

Do the base models have hood scoops?

Good question. The one pictured sure does, but I'd guess that it may be an option.

The front looks like a 90s BMW with nose piercings. The rear looks like an Aveo sedan. It may not be stretch to say that our Aussie friends' tastes in styling rivals the Koreans for dullness. Get on yer Pontiac and ride mate...

The front looks like a 90s BMW with nose piercings. The rear looks like an Aveo sedan. It may not be stretch to say that our Aussie friends' tastes in styling rivals the Koreans for dullness. Get on yer Pontiac and ride mate...

And "you look like the piss-boy."

Hey, let's not get personal. It's just a car. Sounds like you need a woman (or a man). If not, don't worry. They're be plenty of G8s left at your unfriendly PontiacBuickGMC dealer to buy, take home and make love to. Just hope your '87 antique pickup doesn't get jealous - might blow a rod :P

And "you look like the piss-boy."

Hey, let's not get personal. It's just a car. Sounds like you need a woman (or a man). If not, don't worry. They're be plenty of G8s left at your unfriendly PontiacBuickGMC dealer to buy, take home and make love to. Just hope your '87 antique pickup doesn't get jealous - might blow a rod :P

Easy there cowboy, it's a movie quote.

If I may ask, what little corner of the world do you call home? I'm curious.

I've been wondering what the base model would look like?

Are we going to get the Morpheous color here in the states?

I've been wondering what the base model would look like?

Are we going to get the Morpheous color here in the states?

I'm betting that we will get it, but I think that car is the "blue with purple undertones".

Morpheous is VERY purple, so purple in fact that I think PCS is feeling conflicted. :lol:

I'm betting that we will get it, but I think that car is the "blue with purple undertones".

Morpheous is VERY purple, so purple in fact that I think PCS is feeling conflicted. :lol:

You know purple is my weakness, that and yellow. It's all my mother's fault, if it wasn't for the purple and yellow bathroom we had in 1979 ... :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0