Preview of Production Volt

Windy-57

from what I can see, not a bad evolution

+1 It still has some resemblance, though I agree on the Saab styling influence (and not in any bad way that I can see so far). I like it, I liked the original, I'm not sure which looks better. Guess I'll have to wait to be able to see the whole thing.

The car is not a great departure in front styling from the show car. It carrys a tastefull front that would have looked good on the Malibu.

At this point GM could take a old Citation X11 and it would look sexier than the Prius. The Prius was never style to bring pleasure to the eye but I think Lutz and GM will be the first large company to promote the fact just because it is electric it does not have to be odd or ugly.

I see also on Autoblog someone is offering a reproduction flux capacitor for $230. GM needs this in the running prototypes just to mess with Toyota!

The caption for that picture at GM mediaOnline says:

GM is moving forward with the development of the Chevrolet Volt, based on GM's E-flex system. To maximize the electric range, intense effort is being applied by designers and engineers to optimize the aerodynamics of the vehicle. The image above illustrates one of the latest design themes undergoing a wind tunnel test at GM's Aero Lab in Warren, Michigan.

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/previewpage?043366 (copy/paste link for high res image Dodgefan)

Looks good. I can't imagine recessed headlights and grille being any good for aerodynamics, and besides, the concept looks too much like a Camaro.

I'm sure there is a smooth clear plastic cover over those headlights like most vehicles now days

The car is not a great departure in front styling from the show car. It carrys a tastefull front that would have looked good on the Malibu.

At this point GM could take a old Citation X11 and it would look sexier than the Prius. The Prius was never style to bring pleasure to the eye but I think Lutz and GM will be the first large company to promote the fact just because it is electric it does not have to be odd or ugly.

I see also on Autoblog someone is offering a reproduction flux capacitor for $230. GM needs this in the running prototypes just to mess with Toyota!

Hear, hear re: the X-11. Mine was a metallic redwood hatchback.

The teaser looks good, I think the front end of the Volt is going to look awesome. It has the new Chevy looks, the headlights have that sleek Saab look, but the Volt is better looking. This is the car that can save GM. I just hope the interior is nice, and not like a Cobalt.