regfootball

MY (YOUR) NEXT CAR

75 posts in this topic

lease is up early fall.

I'm thinking about what i want to replace the 500 with.

either a people mover, basic sedan, or a sporty vehicle.

It would be nice to have an AWD vehicle.

Ford has an advantage for me for a few reasons. Dealer is excellent - one price, 2 miles away and its convenient for service and shuttles, even if the car is super reliable. I like Sync. My last 3 fords have been completely reliable and dependable.

that said, i am not closing the door on something else.

Price and mpg will likely matter and chances are good I will lease again. There is a chance I may just buy a used car too. in fact, the economy the way it is, gas prices, we could be seeing a downgrade in my list also.

currently these are likely the vehicles that I am eyeballing the most.

Ford Flex

Ford Edge

Ford Taurus / Merc Sable

Ford Taurus X

Ford Fusion / Merc Milan (manual most likely)

Pontiac G8

Chevy HHR SS manual turbo

Traverse / Outlook / Acadia

VW Routan

Cobalt SS sedan manual turbo

-used Saab 9-3 Aero v6 manual

-used van

just curious to see what others are shopping for if you are getting something this year.

Edited by regfootball

Ford Edge SEL (for you). A two-row crossover. Sharp looks, and who needs a vestigial third seat anyway? Edited by ocnblu

Go For the Taurus or Sable... Preferably the Taurus. The 500 has been good to you, stay the course.

Ooooh, get the 9-3 Aero vertible. Seriously, you wont regret it.

Ford Edge SEL (for you). A two-row crossover. Sharp looks, and who needs a vestigial third seat anyway?

the edge is nice, but i get a very androgynous 'this will look weird five years from now' vibe out of it.

still, it may end up being that.

funds outlook seemingly keeps decreasing each month, gas is skyrocketing, so a simple fusion manual 4 cyl seems to be jumping in as a practical option.

with all the glut of crossovers, for some reason, a simple sedan seems so refreshing lately.

there was a stunning HHR in the parking lot at work when i left tonight, though. arg.

darn snow. G8 would be THE choice, without question, if i lived in snow free climes.

recently a dealer i once bought a car from sold a 2006 saab 9-3 aero v6 / stick for about 20 grand. i think that car would get good mpg if you lay off the gas some. it's a bit small inside however. i need to get one car seat for sure in the back.

Edited by regfootball

The Saab 9-3 would be a good choice. The SportCombi would be an economical people mover as well, and with one with XWD would be good for the snow.

I vote for the G8.

If you go used there's always an AWD Charger SXT...hell you might be able to find one new still.

I'd love a 9-3. Ever since I test drove one I became enchanted by the quirky Saab-ness.

Well... what I'll likely end up with will be:

2002-04 Regal LS

2000-05 Park Ave

2002-05 LeSabre

2007 LaCrosse CXL

2008 Malibu LT

CPO E46?

(edit: not for me...my next car...well...who knows...most likely an e39 M5, and most likely it will come sooner than I think...but maybe not. Talk about shooting myself in the foot...)

Edited by Nick

Hmm... I'd recommend the Taurus/Sable, but I'm as biased as you are. lol

If you opt for the Fusion/Milan, I'd recommend waiting for the refresh coming soon. It's supposed to be an upgrade with the engines and transmissions, especially with the 4-cyl.

As for me, I dunno... every used car I find that I like, someone buys. :(

Even though the 9-3 is the nicest Epsilon out there, the 2.8T is a gas-guzzler.

The 2009 Fusion sounds promising, but being new there probably won't be many lease deals. Escape Hybrid is nice. Altima Hybrid, too.

VWs usually have good leases once in a while. Right now, $0 down, 36 mo, 12K mi/yr: $249/mo Jetta S or Rabbit manual, $319/mo GTI, $329/mo Passat Turbo auto or GLI, $349/mo Passat Wagon Turbo. Upcoming Tiguan (2.0T, six-speed) and Jetta SportWagen TDI sound promising, too, though the latter will be limited availability.

For myself... I haven't the slightest clue. Probably the first good deal I come across while I'm financially ready. Could be... just about anything.

HHR would be a good choice for you....or the new Fusion-though the ols Fusion should have some good lease rates...

Unless something happens to one of mine-I going to wait a little while. Heck, her car still hasn't fit 50k yet...

Though I'm sure the bug will bite me before then.

Cobalt, HHR, Malibu, Vibe (maybe)

The Saab 9-3 would be a good choice. The SportCombi would be an economical people mover as well, and with one with XWD would be good for the snow.

The SC is cool....

The Fusion, if you could take the hit in space from the 500, would be a fine choice. A Milan with a stick would be even nicer, assuming you can actually find one. As long as you're keeping the Aztek, you have a larger vehicle, why not a Focus sedan? Yeah, they're small, but if its just going to be transportation, it would be perfect, use the Aztek when you need more space. The Edge is also a fine choice, I cant wait to see what the Flex feels like. How about a Wrangler 4-door? With the hardtop, cold weather isn't an issue (I drove a hardtop on an extremely cold day) and the cheap-ass interior doesn't seem out of place. It does have Bluetooth and the lifetime powertrain warranty. The back doors are tiny and the back seat is tight for a six-footer.

The Fusion, if you could take the hit in space from the 500, would be a fine choice. A Milan with a stick would be even nicer, assuming you can actually find one. As long as you're keeping the Aztek, you have a larger vehicle, why not a Focus sedan? Yeah, they're small, but if its just going to be transportation, it would be perfect, use the Aztek when you need more space. The Edge is also a fine choice, I cant wait to see what the Flex feels like. How about a Wrangler 4-door? With the hardtop, cold weather isn't an issue (I drove a hardtop on an extremely cold day) and the cheap-ass interior doesn't seem out of place. It does have Bluetooth and the lifetime powertrain warranty. The back doors are tiny and the back seat is tight for a six-footer.

I was at the auto show again today. some choices I should add to the list, some VW's (Jetta, Jetta Sportwagen -got to sit in one-, Tiguan- sat in that too, Passat and Passat wagon, and the Accord, and the Chrylser vans.

I spent a LONG time in a 300 LX cloth which i really liked. I tried to build one with cloth and AWD and it wouldn't let me and if it had the price would have went bye bye.

Back to the Fusion. I spent a lot of time in a Fusion with the sport package, and Milans with the black / metal and leather.

As far as space goes, the Fusion and Milan are pretty large inside. Just lower than my car. Which might be ok. The Fusion and Milan are nicer than the Malibu for me as far as space and seating comfort and style. With a black interior it does a nice job feeling semi teutonic like a VW or something.

So if I am forced to economize, the Fusion or Milan may be my car. New 2010 chages don't come until Jan or Feb of next year so there will be big deals to be had. Even if the new upgrades may be worth waiting for. I guess I just need more details.

I still like the other Ford products and the Edge or Flex looks appealing. I just don't think I can do another taurus, but it is a good package for me. The Taurus X has appeal, but the Flex is the same thing, with more headroom and legroom and nicer looking.

The accord is a nice size and i could see one with a stick. Yet, Accords are pricey.

Dodge vans are ok, but they really went too far trying to make them do everything.

I did get back in the focus, too. having had one for a week recently, i can attest that was livable.

There is actually some used 4 cyl, 5 speed fusions out there and I could see maybe trying to go that route if i pick fusion and the lease doesn't seem to be worth it.

Edited by regfootball

Better hurry, this will be a limited offer! :AH-HA_wink:

So I've been told.

I can't exactly hurry since it will be a 2010 MY, all I can do is hurry-up and wait. <_<

I think you all know what my next one will be. :AH-HA_wink:

One G6 Special Value coming right up! :P

:duck:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room