Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

How did you come up with your...

...IM name?

We've had threads about how we came up with our screen name on the message board(s), but what about your Instant Messenger ID, whether it is AIM, YahooIM, etc. (especially if it is different than your screen name here)?

*pauses*

Of course, only share if you want people to contact you via IM....

AND:

Anyone else, like me, have people on your IM buddy list(s) that, sadly, you've no idea who they are anymore?

I don't open my IMs as much as I used to. Years ago (or so it seems), I spent most of the evening IMing with people. Now, along with other things, my evening hours are spent reading and posting to groups/boards. So, when I do open up my IMs, I almost always see a screen name that I do not know to whom it belongs anymore....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We didn't get much sleep but we had a lot of fun" ... John Denver ... 'Grandma's Feather Bed'

just like every single message board, login name and every internet name i have, my IM name is the same, SuperSport623.

I started using this name about three years ago, just randomly, because at the time when i was 15, i was, as is today, in love with classic chevy SS's; Chevelles, Impalas, Camaros, Novas, Montes.... and the 623 is silly, but my birthday... june 23 (1990)

my only other recent IM name was GT500RT100...this was before the current gen of overweight, fugly stangs.. my love was with the original GT500... and the RT100 is my toy that ive had since i was 12 (and was riding yesterday) a 2000 Yamaha RT100 Dirtbike :smilewide:

nothing fancy about mine, my email, screen name, and profile are all the same.

cletus is my nickname... i once told a friend of my that was older than me that my name is not manly enough so it was cletus from there on out. 82- birth year, 69- year of my impala. had that email address for 10 years now and the aim screen name for prolly 10 as well.

on another note my back up screen name was given to me by a friend taking a japanese class kuritosu which he says is roughly cletus in japanese hehe

Edited by cletus8269

Funny thing about my C&G screen name was that when I first joined I didn't really realize this was a dedicated GM fansite with the occasional "other guys" members. I saw "Cadillacfan" and thought "Dodgefan sounds good" :P

I rarely use AIM, in fact i forget what my s/n is :lol:

I don't use yahoo

My email addy for MSN is Liger_Ultimate_X in dedication to what used to be my favorite show/anime, Zoids, and my favorite Zoid, Liger Zero...which is an Ultimate X. Most if not all of you probably have no idea what any of it is but that's OK. :P I used to be a huge fan of the series, my screen names and usernames had some variation of Liger Zero. my yahoo email is Liger_Zero_CAS for example. I used to even run the 5th most popular Zoids site on the web. It still exists although I haven't updated it in years. Zoids Unofficial.

But I digress. My other screen names / usernames are Kimura, which was the very first original anime-style character I drew up about 6 years ago in high school. As I've gotten better at drawing he's evolved as well, and basically become my online persona of sorts.

Mine are all the same and have been for 8 years. Good old Blackviper8891. I was evil at the time and thought it sounded dark and has the my birth year backwards. Although, I do have two spare screen names that I use on occasion... Milliamori95 and BCVW8891. The former is easy to figure out... Millenia shortened + love in spanish + yeah of the Milly. Yep. And the latter... a combo of my regular screen name in initials with my regular name's initials.

Edited by blackviper8891

Hmmm, let me see - how did I come up with mine? Hmmm. That's a hard one. Well, I am in the car business and my last name is exactly the same as my name here, except one letter is different. Guess I was born for this...............

Oh, and I use DirkDiggler on other sites............oops, was I supposed to say that? :blush:

AIM: Avanti Italia - Made in late 1999, because my friends and I were going to Italy for our first time... it means "Go Italy!"

Yahoo IM: PaoloAntonio1977 - My first and middle names "Paul Anthony" plus the year I was born.

C&G: Paolino - "Little Paulie", because family and some friends' families always calls me Little Paulie, despite the fact I'm 6'3"... just because I'm the young one, and my other friends just call me Paulie.

I'll do both of mine. My C&G (and all other forums) name is obviously NOS2006. My name on here was originally NOSFerrari2006.

• NOS because I thought it was a completely badass thing (though I am SUPER afraid of running it now that I know what it is) back in the Fast and the Furious days (NAWSSSSS!!!11!!1!!!).
  • Ferrari because I thought they were my favorite cars, but I now realize they're just overpriced POSs, even though I wouldn't mind a 360 Modena or an F430.
  • 2006 because that's when I graduated.

I shortened it to NOS2006 at the change of servers from Snitz to where we are now.

My AIM screen name is DTD Tank. That's simple. My fraternity is Delta Tau Delta, and my fraternal nickname is Tank. By the way, Will Ferrell is a Delt too!

frank%20the%20tank.jpg

A simple breakdown: Yellow Jacket = the yellow color option on the 2004 GTO, 894 = a set of numbers chosen at random. I've also used SubLime9C1 on other forums (SubLime is a old hi-impact color option used by Chrysler Corp. in the Seventies; 9C1 is the designation for a Caprice police cruiser, which I wanted to replace my S10 when I devised the username), as well as ToronadoGT (the Toronando was an Olds, obviously, and the name was also used by Fender guitars for a model that was discontinued in 2006; it was an attempt to link my passion for cars and guitars together; GT was random).

I sort of would like to have my username here to be changed to just Yellow Jacket, dropping the 894 and the run-on letters. Or Phantom, as in Phantom Black Metallic, another GTO color option, as my love for the color black on cars is greater than my love of the color of yellow. But I'd rather not bother the mods. :smilewide:

Edited by YellowJacket894

Quite the creative bunch, we are :).

Me, though, not so much. Which reminds me ... hmph, I asked the question ... and forgot to add mine!

AIM = fc72mc

When I created this one, I didn't have my '72 MC yet, so I used fc (abbreviation for part of one of my Email addresses) along with "72MC", for the MC I didn't have.

YIM = knightfan2691

This one should be self-explanatory. I'm a fan of the Monte Carlo, which uses the Knight Shield/Crest as its emblem. The 2691 are the last digits of my older 4 MCs: 197(2), 197(6), 197(9), 198(1). I created this one before I bought my '87 MC LS.

"Not sure if I shoulda put it in writing" ... Chely Wright ... 'Single White Female'

The 1969 Pontiac Custom-S was my very 1st car, which I still own today. It's a 350 ci V8 RWD. <------ :smilewide: It's as old as I am. It's one of the rarest of the Pontiac A Bodies built between 1968 - 1972, as this car was a one model year only car.

I love that car, it holds many memories for me. We used it as our wedding car and I even brought my daughter home from the hospital in that car when she was born. So that's why it's my name on most auto forums, but not all. :AH-HA_wink:

Public Messengers I'm on

MSN - [email protected]

YIM - mdfborger

Feel free to add me if you so wish!

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

I don't know how in the hell I came up with this name, but there's a bunch of people with the same name now, and they're all on gaming forums. :(

Heh ... maybe it is a "term of endearment" on those boards ... or a character, perhaps?

*shrugs*

"You'll be doing fine when the music starts" ... El Debarge ... 'Rhythm Of The Night'

The 1969 Pontiac Custom-S was my very 1st car, which I still own today. It's a 350 ci V8 RWD. <------ :smilewide: It's as old as I am. It's one of the rarest of the Pontiac A Bodies built between 1968 - 1972, as this car was a one model year only car.

I love that car, it holds many memories for me. We used it as our wedding car and I even brought my daughter home from the hospital in that car when she was born. So that's why it's my name on most auto forums, but not all. :AH-HA_wink:

Public Messengers I'm on

MSN - [email protected]

YIM - mdfborger

Feel free to add me if you so wish!

Now that is cool...

caddyguy109...started towards the end of high school when I was on more and more forums and then finally got AIM, and was because of me becoming known for driving the '93 Fleetwood my dad bought for my brother and I to use.

Caddy = for the Caddy

Guy = well, for being a guy

109 = street number of home

Since then, I've used a random few variations, such as Caddycruiser (same start, but added the cruiser after a random thought), as well as using Beach and then 15 (again, random number) or 109 after it (house number again).

Years later, I still am using variations of all of those...for everything. No use in changing now! Well, the Caddy thing may get odd when that's no longer true...but no one asks anymore, and I rarely think of it, so whoop.

caddyguy109...started towards the end of high school when I was on more and more forums and then finally got AIM, and was because of me becoming known for driving the '93 Fleetwood my dad bought for my brother and I to use.

Caddy = for the Caddy

Guy = well, for being a guy

109 = street number of home

Since then, I've used a random few variations, such as Caddycruiser (same start, but added the cruiser after a random thought), as well as using Beach and then 15 (again, random number) or 109 after it (house number again).

Years later, I still am using variations of all of those...for everything. No use in changing now! Well, the Caddy thing may get odd when that's no longer true...but no one asks anymore, and I rarely think of it, so whoop.

Well, I still use the 87rs even after the cav is gone...my tribute to it... :thumbsup: