Some Decent News...

So here i am, 1 month away from graduating High School... Scary. A few months ago i applied to Adelphi University, for Criminal Justice... they told me at the time i was getting a scholarship for my academics, but didnt tell me how much. Tuition + fees comes to $24,000 a year, and without winning the lottery, there would be no way i could go. I applied for every financial aid i could, and since my family is pretty poor, i hoped that would help.

Welllllllllllllllllllllll i just got the letter a few days ago...

$13,000 from Adelphi for Academics

$1,500 from a Federal SOEG Grant

$5000 From NYS Tuition Assistance Program

$4,750 from Federal Pell Grant

grand total of $24,250!!!!!

IM GOING TO COLLEGE! WOOT!

:pbjtime::pbjtime:

Can't think of a better person I'd rather see go.

Now study hard and get a house with a six car garage with a lift and fill it with great classic Chevy's!

Chris

Congrats!

I just got my acceptance package for CLU including a $11,000 scholarship for maintaining above a 3.5 through my transfer college courses. I know I have some more coming as well, just not sure of the details...should amount to around 20k or so total....all I know is it will cover roughly half of my tuition...if even that.

The downside of private universities...

I'm going from roughly 80 bucks a course at my city college to roughly 1000 a unit at CLU. :rolleyes:

wow!

im actually kind of happy even more because im the laziest high school student there is.. i dont study, i barely do homework, i spend 5 minutes on essays... and ive held about 3.5-3.6 average between all 4 years, just a photographic memory... :P

i might actually have to start applying myself now :D

Congratulations, dude! Make sure you keep up the good work in college so you show the generous folks that awarded you the money that they made the right decision.

Congratulations, SS! :thumbsup:

I am feeling the aches of college tuition myself. It will cost me just as much to go to art college and study transportation design as it will cost you to go to law school. Like you, I have many applications to fill out. :P

Decent are you kidding? this is great news!! Make it worth while and keep those grades up.

Don't go into the CIA!!!! just a warning man it haunts you for the rest of your life after your out of it. I wasn't in it but in a very similar department. I would recommend the FBI but avoid the CIA. if you want to know why either PM or search some of my posts.

This is awesome to hear some good news for once.