Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

CALIFORNIA

125 posts in this topic

Give us dollar for dollar what we pay in federal taxes and this never would have happened. All the hick redneck states are subsidized with our tax money.

We should get $1.20 in federal spending for the next 8 years to make up for the last 8. Then we'll see who is on the trash heap.

well, it's nice knowin ya.

I guess you know, you should be sent to the scrap heap like General Motors.

And your point? Just tryin' to stir up trouble? A lot of states have budgetary problems right now...

If California was independent from the nation, wouldn't we have the 10th largest economy in the world?

Even in these rough financial times, that's not too shabby.

I vote we sell them to Saudi Arabia and use the money to pay off the national debt. After all, we have plenty of other states to pick up the slack in regards to the whole "being a state" thing. If one state fails, we should not prop it up, but let the free market take it's course. Ron Paul '08 :unitedstates: [/sarcasm]

Must be a Republican. You'd sell your own mother not mention Sell-Out your own country to make a quick buck.

Well it is that mentality that so many people have towards Detroit, it's just sarcastically (note: [/sarcasm] he used) being applied to the state. Show's how wrong the mentality is.

Well it is that mentality that so many people have towards Detroit, it's just sarcastically (note: [/sarcasm] he used) being applied to the state. Show's how wrong the mentality is.

What kills me is the way that the southern senators are fighting the bail-out and the buy American provisions. Senator McConnell from KY (aka Nissanland) is against helping the American manufacturers. Funny how Nashville gets their panties in a ruffle over some comments by the Dixie chicks but a southern state elects a senator that is not Pro-American.

Edited by SoCalCTS

What kills me is the way that the southern senators are fighting the bail-out and the buy American provisions. Senator McConnell from KY (aka Nissanland) is against helping the American manufacturers. Funny how Nashville gets their panties in a ruffle over some comments by the Dixie chicks but the state elects a senator that is not Pro-American.

Red state scum... they claim to be so patriotic and pro-American but sell out to foreign companies.

ok so Kentucky is actually Toyota-land...

Its like the whole Airbus/Boeing tanker competition. Republican senators... do what is right for America. Support American industry NOW.

At first, I figured the state went bankrupt sending social security cheques to that chick with 14 kids.

By the way, 43 states are currently facing budget shortfalls:

Yep, I have seen various exhibits on this topic. Most are running deficits. Of the very populous states, I think Texas was the only one in the black.

Incidentally, on a stand-alone basis, California is the 8th largest economy in the world. Also, 12% of the U.S. population lives in California (37 mill. out of 305 mill.) Now, California has a lot of nice things, but NOT ALL of California is nice. Of that, I can assure you. :lol:

Yep, I have seen various exhibits on this topic. Most are running deficits. Of the very populous states, I think Texas was the only one in the black.

Incidentally, on a stand-alone basis, California is the 8th largest economy in the world. Also, 12% of the U.S. population lives in California (37 mill. out of 305 mill.) Now, California has a lot of nice things, but NOT ALL of California is nice. Of that, I can assure you. :lol:

Ya, it's probably the most diverse state in the US in many aspects--demographics, topography, climate, geography, etc. At least the parts I've spent time in are all quite different from each other...

Ya, it's probably the most diverse state in the US in many aspects--demographics, topography, climate, geography, etc. At least the parts I've spent time in are all quite different from each other...

That's right, I was too white to be riding on the Red Line (the subway they got AFTER we moved away) near McArthur park and was, in fact, the only Caucasian in my particular rail car. I'm also probably too dark, or at least ethnic, when I'm in Chico CA, which is apparently where all the Maureen McCormicks have migrated.

Give us dollar for dollar what we pay in federal taxes and this never would have happened. All the hick redneck states are subsidized with our tax money.

We should get $1.20 in federal spending for the next 8 years to make up for the last 8. Then we'll see who is on the trash heap.

Was that tax income based on imaginary income based on imaginary home values and financed through banks using imaginary capital?

Was that tax income based on imaginary income based on imaginary home values and financed through banks using imaginary capital?

The major economic issues affecting the budget include:

2/3 majority needed by legislature to accept yearly budget

proposition 13 which froze real estate values at 1970's rate except when the property is resold.

hangover from the illegal Enron attack on the state budget

A three party system (one democratic party, one normal Republican Party, and one super cheap Republican Party)

The major economic issues affecting the budget include:

2/3 majority needed by legislature to accept yearly budget

proposition 13 which froze real estate values at 1970's rate except when the property is resold.

hangover from the illegal Enron attack on the state budget

A three party system (one democratic party, one normal Republican Party, and one super cheap Republican Party)

Housing a countless number of crimi-grant border-jumping lawn-care service people, nannies and restaurant workers. Even going so far as to send the offspring of crimigrants to Cal-ee-fornia's schools and stitching them up after the obligatory knife fights and Saturday night brawls in the emergency rooms.

Growing up in LA, there's NO WAY that middle class people who bought a modest home in Woodland Hills, El Segundo or South Pasadena in the 60s or 70s could hold onto that home today. That would be tragic. I do think that Prop 13 is indexed with the general cost of living, though, which could be construed as fair.

I don't think it's Prop 13. I think it's the bad spending habits of a bratty teenager that are in evidence - plus spending money on incarceration or social services for those who deliberately underachieve which has no-value-added.

Edited by trinacriabob

quite simple really. f@#k um'

Pay backs a bitch, From the wonderful city of Detroit for what you and your Air board did to us in the 70's till now.

Thats how I really feel.

quite simple really. f@#k um'

Pay backs a bitch, From the wonderful city of Detroit for what you and your Air board did to us in the 70's till now.

Thats how I really feel.

I got news for you. Being broke in California, is like the best day ever in Detroit. The state could be a trillion dollars in debt and it would never be as bad as living a day in Michigan.

That's how I really feel. Its the defeatist attitude of you people out there that keeps you down.

then stop electing liberal senators/ and reps(as a state)....? elect ones that hate big government... that will end subsidies... of all kinds.

then stop electing liberal senators/ and reps(as a state)....? elect ones that hate big government... that will end subsidies... of all kinds.

Its not the liberals spending all the money. Republicans spend far more and the siphon it off to their home states. Places like Alabama are getting $1.85 back from the feds for every $1 they pay in federal taxes while California gets only 80 cents back from the same dollar. It looks like the south needs to stop electing "spend and spend" Republicans. That 20 cents on the dollar that California lost would have more than covered any budget shortfall that we have.

Here's a thought, how about cutting off social services to illegals and not allowing their children into the school system. Think how much money that would save California.

Unfortunately, cutting off social services would realistically only increase the crime rate. With incarceration or deportation being the only options, it would only drain as much if not more money from the budget.

Plus a lot of the "illegals" children are US Citizens because they were born here. When their parents get deported, then they get all kinds of social services because they basically become "orphans" if they already aren't taking those advantages.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0