Official 2007 Camry Pics & Details

caddycruiser

the kind you see in the Kohl's ad for the 'lowest prices of the season' sale? LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

now you know where tyota's desginers get their inspiration

[post="56228"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Honestly, I just don't see it. I see a very dressy interior on an affordable car. I see a MUCH nicer interior than I've seen from GM in this segment in YEARS.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Chevy designers get their inspiration from Wal-Mart then.

[post="56244"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol: I don't think Wal-mart sells products that have as cheap a feel or as bad of color combinations as the Malibu.

Those cutlines around the grille on the SE are nasty, and I don't think that I'll be warming up to that front end anytime soon, who knows. But the titanium/alluminum dash is exquisite, you see GM? That's how you spend good money. That's how you design modernistically, intriguingly, with a flair for innovation and with attention to details and quality. IDIOTS. Get it right, or don't try anymore.

I don't have a problem with GM using the same radio controls in all their cars since they all look decently nice, are very ergonomic, and are quality. It helps people who have a fleet of GM cars so they don't have to relearn every control when they switch. MB uses the same layouts for all their vehicles. If you've driven one MB you've driven them all when it comes to control layout.

I don't have a problem with GM using the same radio controls in all their cars since they all look decently nice, are very ergonomic, and are quality.  It helps people who have a fleet of GM cars so they don't have to relearn every control when they switch.  MB uses the same layouts for all their vehicles.  If you've driven one MB you've driven them all when it comes to control layout.

[post="56365"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's the integration with the radio controls (and HVAC) with the center stacks that need to be worked on.

:lol: I don't think Wal-mart sells products that have as cheap a feel or as bad of color combinations as the Malibu.
Those cutlines around the grille on the SE are nasty, and I don't think that I'll be warming up to that front end anytime soon, who knows. But the titanium/alluminum dash is exquisite, you see GM? That's how you spend good money. That's how you design modernistically, intriguingly, with a flair for innovation and with attention to details and quality. IDIOTS. Get it right, or don't try anymore.

[post="56322"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's true... I bought a Lite-Brite there last year and the plastic pegs were so soft and spongy... you could tell it was a Japanese-made Lite-Brite vs. the hard plastics the American-made Lite-Brites use. ^_^

God people, get a grip, that center stack is nothing to write home about. what flybrian was insinuating is right, it has a bad cheap n trendy look to it that might look kinda neat right now, but 12 months from now it will look as cheap and out of touch as anything. the center stack on my diamantes were nicer so its no accomplishment what toyota has done here. Edited by regfootball

I'm sorry, guys. I was incorrect when I said it looked like a shower clock/radio.

Posted Image
Posted Image

It looks like a tabletop clock/radio. Thank you, Timex.

[post="57131"][/post]

Now if only GM could make their Radio/HVAC controls integrate as nicely as Timex and Toyota have done here I wouldn't complain.

I'm sorry, guys. I was incorrect when I said it looked like a shower clock/radio.

Posted Image
Posted Image

It looks like a tabletop clock/radio. Thank you, Timex.

[post="57131"][/post]

ROFL!

The interior plastics don't look flattering, either. From a styling standpoint, this car's success solely relies on its reputation.

I can assure you that my Grand Am's interior plastics aren't any better looking without the use of flash. I haven't found it to be any different in any other vehicles I've experienced. The 06 Impalas interior looks and feels just as bad as my pics with flashes show. Flashes just bring out the true qualities, IMO... Ofcourse, you can't take what I say seriously since I really could care less about dash plastics. :P

Guest gmrebirth

excuses

[post="57285"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:rotflmao:

You CANNOT tell the quality of that interior from these pics, unless you're a magician.

What you CAN say is fit and finish is top notch.

Guest gmrebirth

sure, because i was there with calipers and stuff to measure the gaps myself.

[post="57547"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Unless you're blind, you can tell from the pictures that the panel gaps ARE tight.

How can I tell, because I've seen these pictures in HIGH res (full resolution 1600 x 1200).

wake me please those camry pics put me to sleep.  hey fly can you have one of those fancy alarm clock radios sent to my house to wake me up?

[post="57872"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Talk about being close minded, wait til the car comes out, and sit in it, drive it, then comment on it.

we have reached a new low in human evolution.  people are defending the design of a CAMRY!!!!!!!!!!!

"we're done as a society"

[post="58033"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you say that, then you don't know much about cars!

Calling a car a POS based on styling alone makes you not a car guy, I'm sorry

Posted Image

Am I the only one that sees a shower clock/radio? No, I'm being serious.

[post="56138"][/post]

What I find interesting is the break in plactic colors from dark gray to light gray dividing the stack. Why not keep it one uniform color all the way down? If it was a GM interior they'd be getting killed for that.

What I find interesting is the break in plactic colors from dark gray to light gray dividing the stack. Why not keep it one uniform color all the way down?  If it was a GM interior they'd be getting killed for that.

[post="58256"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hmmm... didn't notice it. I am just going to have to wait to see more pictures of this car before I make any judgements. I hate the exterior, love the interior. But maybe I'll like the exterior more and dislike the interior more when I see better pictures. We'll see.

Hmmm... didn't notice it.  I am just going to have to wait to see more pictures of this car before I make any judgements.  I hate the exterior, love the interior.  But maybe I'll like the exterior more and dislike the interior more when I see better pictures.  We'll see.

[post="58260"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hear ya. Don't get me wrong, I really like the interior. I just thought that the plactic color change as odd. As far as the exterior goes, it doesn't move me.

Hmmm...OHC engines, 5- and 6-spd automatics, and a hybrid available.... and Chevy's competing models will muddle along with the same-old same-old engines and 4-spd automatics.. when will GM be competitive (other than on price) in the family sedan market? Edited by moltar

What I find interesting is the break in plactic colors from dark gray to light gray dividing the stack. Why not keep it one uniform color all the way down?  If it was a GM interior they'd be getting killed for that.

Make it a little bit interesting, some color contrasting so the entire interior isn't the same color. GM would not be getting killed for it.

Yeah, I agree the colour scheme could have been more uniform, not that impressed with this. However we gotta wait and see, pictures don't really tell much.

While I will admit that the interior looks pretty good. The exterior is just blah... Toyota's got some serious balls to keep selling this kind of crap to Americans. The rest of us will figure out their plan to brainwash people to buy boring cars all because that have good quality. Styling should be king. Cars actually used to look good at one time in our history. Now.. they all look the same. I like it when cars look attractive. If that doesn't make me a car guy.. then may I and any intelligent person on this board burn in hell for thinking that.

the ES is a stretched last version camry which is why i postulated the question.  so likely i'm right, it is a RESKIN, although its a reskin of the ES which is a stretch/reskin of the camry.

its a kevin bacon sort of thing.  actually, i bet if you trace all the connections, you can tie Kevin Bacon and the Camry together SOMEHOW

let's see, toyota makes both the camry and the prius, cameron Diaz drives a prius, she was in a movie with Jim Carrey (mask), who was in a movie with Jennifer Aniston (bruce almighty) who was in PICTURE PERFECT with

KEVIN BACON!!!!!!!!!!!  I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

[post="53668"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

WOW! That's immpressive! Can you do any others?

• 3 weeks later...
MORE 2007 CAMRY FEATURES/SPECS: Engines: 2.4 litre DOHC VVT-i, ULEV II 158hp, 161lb-ft 3.5 litre V6 DOHC VVT-i, Variable Induction System, ULEV II 268hp, 248lb-ft VSC standard on SE V6 and XLE V6, optional on LE V6 Transmissions: 5-speed auto standard on I4 LE 5-speed manual standard on SE, optional 5A 6-speed manumatic standard on all V6 models ABS, EBD, BA and 4-wheel disc brakes are standard. Tires: P215/60R16 on LE/XLE models P215/55R17 on SE models MPG: V6 city/hwy 22/33 I4 auto 24/36 I4 manual 24/37 Key standard features on all models: Dual front knee airbags, side airbags, side curtain airbags, dual front airbags, engine immobiliser, auto headlights, CD/MP3/WMA, AUX Input, 6 speakers, steering wheel mounted audio controls (JBL with 8 speakers, 6-CD Changer, Bluetooth connectivity and diversity antenna on XLE V6), tilt/tele steering wheel. Standard extras on SE models: Front sport seats, sport design scuff plates, aluminium sport pedals, 17" alloys, sport style grille, side skirts, rear spoiler, chrome tail pipe, foglights Standard extras on XLE V6: Dual-Zone auto climate control, plasma cluster, power heated front seats, rear sunshade, smart key system, push button start, bluetooth, auto dimming mirror w/compass, foglights, reclining rear seats, 40/20/40 split folding rear seats with pass-through. Packages: LE Pkg "B" - Alloys, wheel locks, auto dimming mirror w/compass, mudguards, power driver's seat, dual illuminated vanity mirrors LE Pkg "C" - B + Power moonroof, integrated garage door opener SE Pkg "B" - power passenger seat, leather seat surfaces, heated front seats, power moonroof, Homelink, dual illuminated vanity mirrors, auto dimming mirror w/compass LE V6 Pkg "B" - VSC, auto dimming mirror w/compass, dual illuminated vanity mirrors, power moonroof, Homelink SE V6 Pkg "B" -JBL Audio, 6-CD Changer, power passenger seat, leather seat surfaces, heated front seats, power moonroof, theft-deterrent system Colors: Alpine White, Titanium Silver, Magnetic Grey Metallic, Black, Barcelona Red Metallic, Frosted Mink Pearl, Aloe Green Metallic, Blue Ribbon Metallic

From the list of standard features it looks like it will be pretty hard for the Aura or GMX386 Malibu to beat it, but if GM gets with the program and starts benchmarking this Camry's standard equipment for 386 and 386 matches it, then I think there's a good chance it can steal some sales.

Man, the new Camry has a lot of nice features. The engines are powerful and the mileage is still good. I hope Honda has something really big planned for the Accord in 2007-8. Because I don't know if the 3.0L in the current Accord is going to be able to complete, with lower output and lower mileage than Toyota 3.5L.

Those are damn good mileage figures for those engines. Can someone compare these to the G6 and Malibu for hoots and hollars? :)

[post="66201"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

All EPA MPG figures w/ automatic transmission

Malibu
2.2L, 144-hp: 24/32
3.9L, 240-hp: 19/26

G6
2.4L, 167-hp: 23/34
3.9L, 240-hp: 18/26

Camry
2.4L, 158-hp: 24/36
3.5L, 268-hp: 22/33

Yep... that is the definition of sad. Bigger engine, less horsepower, worse mileage. Let's all celebrate how well GM competes...

[post="66230"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually, the G6's I4 competes pretty well with the Camry I4. Same displacement, slightly more power, and slightly worse fuel economy. I think GM claims fuel economy goes up 8% when you go from a 4-speed to a 6-speed, so if they stick the 6-speed in it then it would probably get about the same or maybe even better. I think that's the real thing that hurts GM's fuel economy, the damn 4-speed autos.

The V6s are way off of the Camry's figures, but I guess that's because 1) 4-speed vs. 6-speed, and 2) GM for whatever reason refuses to use their better engines in their most important and highest volume vehicles.