Official 2007 Camry Pics & Details

caddycruiser

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would we do that? There are perfectly good government certified figures available on the last page. :AH-HA_wink: In all seriousness, the 3900 and the 3.6L have mileage that isn't near exceptional for V6 engines. The 5300 in the Impala almost gets as good mileage. What gives GM? DI and 6 spd trannies should improve economy significantly, but as Northie said, GM refuses to put its best engine tech in its highest volume and most important cars.

Guest gmrebirth

Let's play a game...it's called "Predict what MPG the Camry will really get.

[post="66267"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Has denial hit you that soon already?

Based on what the new Avalon really gets, the new Camry V6 should have great economy.

Has denial hit you that soon already?

Based on what the new Avalon really gets, the new Camry V6 should have great economy.

[post="66504"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Denial?

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/...47/pageNumber=7

Ohh...wow...21 MPG...man thats some real efficiency there. I mean damn...it beat the 300 by a whole 1 MPG even though the 300 only has a 4 spd and weighs 200 pounds more.

I guess I should just get rid of my Cobalt now and go buy a Corolla...cause man Toyota's always get what the EPA says.

Denial? 

Ohh...wow...21 MPG...man thats some real efficiency there.  I mean damn...it beat the 300 by a whole 1 MPG even though the 300 only has a 4 spd and weighs 200 pounds more. 

I guess I should just get rid of my Cobalt now and go buy a Corolla...cause man Toyota's always get what the EPA says.

[post="66539"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I guess the EPA loves to make Toyota look bad by running its cars at 45MPH on the highway cycle. :rolleyes:

I guess the EPA loves to make Toyota look bad by running its cars at 45MPH on the highway cycle. :rolleyes:

[post="66553"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Or maybe Toyota knows how to design a car with good EPA ratings but completely average real world figures.

It's rather peculiar that no other manufacturer (foreign or domestic) has been able to duplicate Toyota's EPA ratings. Hence why I raise the :bs: flag. Compare the 2006 Accord with the 2007 Camry in fuel efficiency...I even think most people agree Honda is a better engine maker.

Or maybe Toyota knows how to design a car with good EPA ratings but completely average real world figures.

[post="66559"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If the EPA actually had a modern MPG test Toyota wouldn't be able to do that now, would it? Don't blame Toyota for taking advantage of a stupid and outdated system. GM should be doing it, too, as well as all other car manufacturers. It doesn't really harm anyone and is a smart business tactic (until the EPA updates the test, which recently it again refused to do).

If the EPA actually had a modern MPG test Toyota wouldn't be able to do that now, would it?  Don't blame Toyota for taking advantage of a stupid and outdated system.  GM should be doing it, too, as well as all other car manufacturers.  It doesn't really harm anyone and is a smart business tactic (until the EPA updates the test, which recently it again refused to do).

[post="66661"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Do you have more information on the specifics of the test?

Guest gmrebirth

Denial? 

Ohh...wow...21 MPG...man thats some real efficiency there.  I mean damn...it beat the 300 by a whole 1 MPG even though the 300 only has a 4 spd and weighs 200 pounds more. 

[post="66539"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh, just like GM vehicles that always achieve their EPA estimates? Kind of like the 2007 Tahoe tested by C & D where they achieved only 12mpg :rolleyes:?

EPA estimates usually are optimistic for ALL CARS, not just Toyotas.

Oh, and I have 3 road tests that prove otherwise the results of your road test:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive...html?page=5&c=y

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...9&page_number=8

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/New/rev...44/Act/Roadtest

Three different road tests, two got about 28mpg, and C & D, who very often get low fuel economy in their tests, got 23mpg, much above the Edmunds test. The Edmunds test almost seems like an outlier, or an anomaly, because almost every other Avalon road test has had noticeably higher results.

Also keep in mind the performance of the Avalon, which is close to that of the Impala SS, and beats just about any other vehicle in it's class. Edited by gmrebirth

how the hell does a thread about Camrys go to 11 pages? :huh:

that IS the big question.

[post="66884"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Because it takes 1 page of info, plus 10 pages to bash it, and remind people four billion times it's "bland" :P

Seriously though, I was checking out the Toyota website and reading up on the new Camry, and well, the XLE is going to have real wood, a 440-watt stereo with 14 speakers and the hybrid will have LED taillamps, and some other little treats. Not bad for your mid-sizer.

Other trims will have an ionizer to eliminate contaminates, Bluetooth wireless technology, a conceiled aux jack, driver's knee airbag (that's overkill imo), and available 18" alloys.

Check out the images for the SE.. the blue illuminated gauges and HVAC/Audio controls really look nice. Edited by Paolino

ok, I'm straight, but i feel so left out from all the gay thread takeovers, so i feel completely compelled to respond.......

Seriously though, I was checking out the Toyota website and reading up on the new Camry, and well, the XLE is going to have real wood, a 440-watt stereo with 14 speakers and the hybrid will have LED taillamps, and some other little treats.  Not bad for your mid-sizer.

[post="71231"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, well Camry's got real wood, I got wood, too. :o And its not just a mid sizer...... :blink:

:lol: :lol: :AH-HA_wink: :CG_all: :P :)

just kidding folks! carry on! Edited by regfootball

ok, I'm straight, but i feel so left out from all the gay thread takeovers, so i feel completely compelled to respond.......
Yeah, well Camry's got real wood, I got wood, too. :o And its not just a mid sizer...... :blink:

:lol:  :lol:  :AH-HA_wink:  :CG_all:  :P  :)

just kidding folks!  carry on!

[post="71607"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I wouldn't be caught dead in a compact! :lol: :lol: Ouch! LOL

very feminine, weak, sterile and dull.  dull to the point of making you want to poke your eyes out.

[post="72464"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It doesn't look any duller than GM's models in the same market...face it, mid size sedans are the vanilla segment...

It doesn't look any duller than GM's models in the same market...face it, mid size sedans are the vanilla segment...

[post="72467"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

dude, this things pegs the 'i would rather impale myself on rebar from 20 stories fall' than drive this bloated 626 knockoff.

all this bodes well for the Aura, I think. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Camry will get more sales than ever, but i think the Camry has crossed the line with its blandness now and the Aura could be a huge beneficiary of the anti-vanilla backlash. Edited by regfootball

Okay, so Toyota gets tired of all the "boring" comments and decides to make the 2010 Toyota Camry Family Coupe. Is it still going to be the best-selling family car in America at $300,000.00?

Gee, I have 1k left for attachments... Let me host the image somewhere and I'll be back...

Posted Image

Edited by Sal Collaziano

dude, this things pegs the 'i would rather impale myself on rebar from 20 stories fall' than drive this bloated 626 knockoff.

all this bodes well for the Aura, I think.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Camry will get more sales than ever, but i think the Camry has crossed the line with its blandness now and the Aura could be a huge beneficiary of the anti-vanilla backlash.

[post="72648"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's if the Aura isn't changed from the concept we saw. If I'm not mistaken, I remember a thread was around a few months ago that lambasted the camoflauged Aura seen publicly as being "toned down" or something along those lines.

What genius let that hood seam get by?  Ruins the entire front end of the vehicle.

[post="72476"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, that is like the new Toyota design thing I keep seeing... and I think it looks HORRIBLE. It's like that on the Yaris, and it's like that here, and I swear I've seen that somewhere else on a Toyota. Anyway, it just interrupts the flow... why they couldn't have it go along with the top of the hood and around the insignia is beyond me.

Okay, so Toyota gets tired of all the "boring" comments and decides to make the 2010 Toyota Camry Family Coupe. Is it still going to be the best-selling family car in America at $300,000.00?

Gee, I have 1k left for attachments... Let me host the image somewhere and I'll be back...

Posted Image

[post="73352"][/post]

i really like that... :o

That's if the Aura isn't changed from the concept we saw.  If I'm not mistaken, I remember a thread was around a few months ago that lambasted the camoflauged Aura seen publicly as being "toned down" or something along those lines.

[post="73490"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ironically enough, it was regfootball who was bitching about the liklihood of the production Aura looking like a Startus.

after seeing the pics in the new C/D in print, ihave to say the SE in red is an improvement over the tan lump of turd i posted earlier. its still a mishmash of stuff -mazda6/millienia/acura front -CTS kind of c pillar -sonata tailights but i do admit the red SE presented itself better. the interior has small panel gaps but the center stack reminds me far too much of my diamantes except with cheesy green backlighting and silvery knobs Edited by regfootball

• 8 months later...