Official 2007 Camry Pics & Details

caddycruiser

I am sooooo glad that all of Toyota's new models are ugly. Hopefully this will deter people into better looking American sedans with all of the quality!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it is, the design won't stop people from buying this sophisticated car, Toyota has an image that is unstoppable at this point.

[post="54247"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Its about time that Toyota finally built a car that lives up to that image. God knows the past half decade wasn't it.

in print, sure.  go to the dealer though and TRY to find one that has  a sticker anything close to base price.

[post="54354"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My Dad got his '03 Camry LE below MSRP. Is that what you meant?? Or you mean that Toyota doesnt allocate base model cars on the lot?? Majority of Camry's sold are LE's.(but I could still be mistaken with waht you wrote) Its not like Lexus where you will be hard pressed to even special order a cloth IS250 or one without a moonroof.

I think it is EXTREMELY safe to say that you C&G fans are weeping for GM. This Toyota kicks ass....and if you don't mind me saying, 268 horsepower is A LOT better than what GM can offer with better quality and better rankings. I'd be surprised to see this thing NOT SELL....very surprised. Enough Toyota-bashing. They're the future of America.

I think it is EXTREMELY safe to say that you C&G fans are weeping for GM. This Toyota kicks ass....and if you don't mind me saying, 268 horsepower is A LOT better than what GM can offer with better quality and better rankings. I'd be surprised to see this thing NOT SELL....very surprised. Enough Toyota-bashing. They're the future of America.

[post="54702"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

if bland, soulless cars with no personality, style, or character is our future, then i guess its time to sell the cars and move to a hut in the deep recesses of Idaho.

I've done the toyota appliance thing. its so dull. Edited by regfootball

if bland, soulless cars with no personality, style, or character is our future, then i guess its time to sell the cars and move to a hut in the deep recesses of Idaho.

I've done the toyota appliance thing.  its so dull.

[post="54730"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

C'mon Reg give credit where credit is due. A 268 HP Camry with a six speed automatic is way better than anything GM has in its stable. The Saturn Aura should have been in the showroom right about now. Once again GM is late to the party.

C'mon Reg give credit where credit is due. A 268 HP Camry with a six speed automatic is way better than anything GM has in its stable. The Saturn Aura should have been in the showroom right about now. Once again GM is late to the party.

[post="54755"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

well, this will be out right about the time Camry comes out. Will look a gazillion times better.

if anybody buys this car, it is based purely on the brainwashing of toyota. nobody in their right mind is going to walk up to this car and go.... looks good..... its the Edsel of the new milininum

[post="54758"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

nobody in thier right mind buys toyota for looks.

People here are SO not looking at the Camry from other peoples' eyes. I'm telling you, people will LIKE this. They will see it as classy. They will see it as luxurious for a midsize car. Someone here mentioned that good thing this car is so ugly, now it'll deter them to better-looking domestics. Umm... where? As far as I'm concerned, the domestics are just the same when it comes to the look department. None of them are edgy except the 300. The Malibu was horrendous and now it's tolerable imo, the impala is nice, but there's absolutely no excitement in the design. The 500? No. The Fusion/Zephyr/Milan trio is about as close to aggressively stylish as any domestic has come in a LONG time (again, except for the 300) There has been SUCH a lack in style for so long amongst cars, that everyone now has just accepted what things look like and I truly believe most have just forgotten what an edgy car looks like. Then throw them something very bold, and they FLOCK to the 300. But again, the majority in many many years, have been very conservatively designed. Edited by Paolino

Holy that is one boring car.  Its one of those cars that make Buick Centurys look sporty.  The reason GM will not be the number one seller is apparently GMs cars have personality and maybe the masses would rather drive rolling appliances.

[post="54808"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Very few family sedans have thrill a minute styling...

Toyota Camry: no, but moreso than outgoing model
Honda Accord: no
Nissan Altima: ok
Mazda6: ok
Chevy Malibu: no
Chevy Impala: no
Pontiac Grand Prix: ok
Pontiac G6: ok
Buick LaCrosse: no
Ford Fusion: ok
Mercury Milan: toned-down Fusion
Dodge Charger: ok
Chrysler 300: ok

All my opinion but my point is, while no one should strive to build a boring car when it comes to family sedans, you can't exactly blame manufacturers that stick to plain designs.

Hey btw nice avatar did you make that yourself? I just did mine, what ya think? Oh and I dont think the Impala or Malibu are boring, they may not have sporting character but they do have character nonetheless. The reason I dont like the Camry is there are absolutely no character at all, you could easily imagine a Hyundia badge on that car, change the grill and you have a Volvo. Seems to me Toyota is trying to ignore their own heritage and character.

Hey btw nice avatar did you make that yourself?  I just did mine, what ya think?  Oh and I dont think the Impala or Malibu are boring, they may not have sporting character but they do have character nonetheless. The reason I dont like the Camry is there are absolutely no character at all, you could easily imagine a Hyundia badge on that car, change the grill and you have a Volvo.  Seems to me Toyota is trying to ignore their own heritage and character.

[post="54867"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, I like making my own avatars. Yours is interesting, what is it of?

As far as the Camry, like I said, it's not the most thrilling car out there I agree but at least it's not as non-descript as previous generations.

Its the begining of the tv show "the office". As for the Camry, it will probably sell just as many copies. Will I see them no, they will blend into landscape. So you are actually looking at the worlds best selling non existant car. Edited by wiserocz

Paolino, you're forgetting the wonderful Aura that might be coming just in time. I hope it can sell over 100k units. It might be long before it makes a significant dent in the Camry's sales though.

[post="54784"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hate to say this (and I LOVED the Aura concept!), but I refuse to have hope in the Aura until I see the production and hear specs/features.

I hate to say this (and I LOVED the Aura concept!), but I refuse to have hope in the Aura until I see the production and hear specs/features.

[post="54926"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I know the feeling. I'm excited about the Aura, but I'm nervous I'll be dissappointed.

no toyota for me then, if the maxima is available, its getting an interior redo soon. i could get an STS or CTS. a 9-3 aero would be cool too.

of course i'm good for awhile. Edited by regfootball

If I'm correct, The Aura will make it to showrooms very close to the new Camry. I believe the Aura begins production in Summer 2006, while the new Camry begins production in Spring 2006. So there shouldn't be much of a gap. They'll both be 2007 models. So, I wouldn't say GM is late again.

<_< The new Camry - a typically derivative design, completely devoid of any emotion and guaranteed to cause folks NOT to do any double takes. They should rename it the Kenmore, cuz it has about as much personality as your average refrigerator. Congratulations Toyota...YAWN!

Eh... why are we even discussing the looks of that thing? Just another bland blob of a car. Just screams "dull & fwd" from miles away... But then again, so do plenty of Chevys. It'll sell like hot cakes, and I have no problem with that since it will most likely be one of the better-functioning blobs out there. A fine example of khakis-and-a-sweater motoring, hard to muster up any enthusiasm about it really...

I know the feeling.  I'm excited about the Aura, but I'm nervous I'll be dissappointed.

[post="54930"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Especially since Jill (how the EFF do you spell her last name?) from Saturn indicated that the pushrod 3.5L HV V6 would be standard.....

We STILL haven't heard comfirmation as to IF any of the High-FEATURE engines will be offered......

Car will LOOK good however.....and have a nice interior....I'm betting....hoping....

Especially since Jill (how the EFF do you spell her last name?) from Saturn indicated that the pushrod 3.5L HV V6 would be standard.....

We STILL haven't heard comfirmation as to IF any of the High-FEATURE engines will be offered......

Car will LOOK good however.....and have a nice interior....I'm betting....hoping....

[post="55183"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The same press release mentioning the 3.5L said the 3.6L HF V6 would be optional: "Lajdziak confirmed that the Aura sedan will be powered by a standard 3.5L V6 engine with variable valve timing, with an optional, sophisticated DOHC 3.6L V6 VVT that produces an estimated 250 horsepower. The 3.6L will be mated to GM’s new, advanced 6-speed FWD automatic transmission. "

I also emailed Lutz a few months ago when news of the Aura w/the 3.5 came out, and he said it would be available with the Ecotec, 3.5, and HF V6 (3.6).

Apparantly the 3.5 is supposed to be priced at the same price as competitors' I4s, but isn't the I4 going to be cheaper than the 3.5? I don't understand why you would need both.

The same press release mentioning the 3.5L said the 3.6L HF V6 would be optional: "Lajdziak confirmed that the Aura sedan will be powered by a standard 3.5L V6 engine with variable valve timing, with an optional, sophisticated DOHC 3.6L V6 VVT that produces an estimated 250 horsepower. The 3.6L will be mated to GM’s new, advanced 6-speed FWD automatic transmission. "

I also emailed Lutz a few months ago when news of the Aura w/the 3.5 came out, and he said it would be available with the Ecotec, 3.5, and HF V6 (3.6).

Apparantly the 3.5 is supposed to be priced at the same price as competitors' I4s, but isn't the I4 going to be cheaper than the 3.5? I don't understand why you would need both.

[post="55311"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

See....? To me, they are trying to answer the question that most import owners are NOT asking.....

They don't care about a "high value" V6 in place of their import 4cylinders......just give them the Ecotec as the base engine....and the High Feature V6 as the option....

Let's just friggin' forget the pushrod engines for once!!!!!

[post="55311"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I dont' understand it either. Instead of just going head to head on the merits of a 4 and a 6 against a competitior's 4 and 6, they feel the need to throw the extra engine in that only makes a bit more than the 4. I don't have a problem with the 3.5, but I do think that three engines is one to many. I like the idea of having a 3.5LV6 in the G6 as a base engine in leiu of the 4; it differentiates the cars, and Pontiac is also the performance division. But for the Aura, I think it's a waste.

Wow, the SE interior is nice from the little bit we can see. I was never a fan of the current generation's SE because it was a joke... they slapped on amber gauges and a spoiler... OOOH! :rolleyes:

But this is very stylish in my opinion--clean, contemporary... much better than anything available by GM in this segment.

Is it just me, or does the Camry's front remind anyone else a little bit of the pre-06 Civic's? The interior isn't nearly as impressive without NAV, and there is a ton of blank space (and people thought the STS had a lot of empty space). It's not bad, but I'm not wowing over it like I was with the NAV-equipped one. The guages do look very nice however. Does anyone else get a Mazda vibe from both the interior and to some degree the exterior (though the exterior is more blocky than Mazdas)?

Posted Image

Am I the only one that sees a shower clock/radio? No, I'm being serious.

[post="56138"][/post]

I'm afraid I don't :( Then again, I've never used a shower clock/radio before! :)

Looks nice, hopefully no passenger and cargo room was sacrificed, but why does the XLE not have certain features standard like they should be? Such as oh...the V-6, leather upholstery (its standard on the V-6, optional on the I-4-should be standard on both-this is a luxury model), and 17" aluminum wheels. Its 2007, get with it. Unless its a base model, full wheel covers are out, and so are 16" wheels. But the styling isn't too bad so far, the dimensions are on target, and the Malibu andG6 are going to have a heckuva lot of harder catching up to do than they do now. And if GM screwed up the Aura with a cheap interior (I like the Aura, but I can see them easily screwing something up), then they've shot temselves again. I don't think Camry will have a problem continuing as #1.