Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

New Challenger pics!!!!!!!!!!

Chazman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the interior.  to each their own.  Looks like they have a 5 speed manual in there as well.  Hopefully for my next car I will have the GTO, Camaro, and Challenger to choose from.

[post="61866"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Should have a six speed if the rumors are right...

A black Challenger will be my next vehicle!! The only thing I didn't like about my '02 Monte Carlo SS, was the seat belt that was attached to the B pillar, which sucks for people trying to get into the back seat of a coupe. They finally put the seat belt on the seat like in a convertible......where it should have been on coupes for a long time. I'm sure this was also done for a convertible option in the future. I also noticed that this will be a hardtop convertible. How f-in cool is that?? :metal: :cheers: :drool:

WOW! :huh: Four things: 1. the front is gorgeous... detailed, visually pleasing... agressive. 2. The C-pillar is a bit too thick but who gives a F$#& when it's a HARDTOP! 3. It's a true H A R D T O P ! The first one from Mopar in like 20 years! 4. The interior is nice... not incredible but nice. Shifter is badass! P.S. I hope this is the first shot fired in the return of hardtops. The Camaro HAS to be a hardtop now.... If hardtops make their way back into these new musclecars that are hitting the streets in the next few years then I will have a lot less to bitch about. B)

I'm not into the styling but think it is still cool. I seriously am thinking the Camaro will be my next car. In black of course. It will steal the show. Maybe DCX got wind of it and that is why so many images of the Challenger leaked. They certainly know how to keep lids on things like they did with the Jeep concepts from last year. Gosh 5 more days until more new stuff!

This is a sweet looking car. If it wasn't for my drooling for the new Camaro, I'd actually consider this. As for the General waiting until 2009-2010, I can't believe they'll wait that long. IMHO, having a car out in time for its 40th anniversary sounds too appealing and allowing for Mustang to "own" the market for the next few years just doesn't make sense...

I'm not into the styling but think it is still cool.

I seriously am thinking the Camaro will be my next car. In black of course. It will steal the show. Maybe DCX got wind of it and that is why so many images of the Challenger leaked. They certainly know how to keep lids on things like they did with the Jeep concepts from last year.

Gosh 5 more days until more new stuff!

[post="61918"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Waaaaay off topic but Dave, when you're in Detroit you have GOT to arrange a meeting with this "Backseat Betty"...she's gotta be 18 now. B)

http://www.mph-online.com/mag/bettys/003

Waaaaay off topic but Dave, when you're in Detroit you have GOT to arrange a meeting with this "Backseat Betty"...she's gotta be 18 now.  B)

http://www.mph-online.com/mag/bettys/003

[post="61927"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol:

She gave props to Big Beaver Rd. That's exit 69 on I-75!! :P

I grew up two miles from Big Beaver (which I call "16 Mile Rd.").

Interior bites! Did Chrysler hire all the old GM interior designers? First the 300, the Charger and this Challenger have the WORST interiors I ever saw. (on the other hand, I love the Pacifica interior). Edited by heintz

dirty mind. Our kind of reader. I'll pass on your request.

Also what is your thumbnail now?

[post="61932"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It was the band JoCaine now, its a front shot of my Solstice.

I know of a few other model ladies that would gladly do a photo shoot for backseat betty...they've read a few of my mags and are interested.

I should stop taking this off topic.....but yes Brews....exit 69 Big Beaver Road lol

i love it

I think Chrysler is slowly letting a couple of photos leak out to really drum up the interest for the Challenger at the show

6.1L Hemi 425HP in R/T form?  $28K?  What more do you need to know?

[post="61975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

$28k? I doubt it. You can't get a 5.7 HEMI for less than $30k in the Charger or Magnum, and the 6.1 HEMI is around $40k in the SRT-8s. I don't see the Challenger getting the 6.1 for less than $35k, and probably closer to $40k, especially if you get any options.

Isn't it just a concept? I doubt DCX has said anything about pricing and the $28k was more than likely just a guess, and gets people's attention when it's sitting there much more than "$35k!" would.

[post="61985"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. It's still way too early to be talking about pricing, but logic dictates a similar pricing scale to what we've already been shown. Stuffing the 6.1 into the Challenger for 28k effectively makes the 40k SRT Charger and 300 obselete. Besides two-doors, those cars wouldn't offer much more than it.

The front looks good. I love how it's retained the Charger's eyes, in a way, and the Dodge grille, again in a way. It's familiar but new, very nice. Overall, these pics show a lot more detail than what was there before, and a better-looking car too. But I'm still not all about it. It looks more like what a real Monte Carlo would compete with, or a new GTO. The Camaro is much sportier and much better looking, imo. However, this is still a cool car, and should have no problem meeting some sales targets. This interior could prove to show a lot of Chrysler's future. Man, do those seats look phenomonal, very comfortable and very nciely designed. the interior still seems to suffer from recent Mopar cues and quality, but it's definitely an improvement. Let's hope for the sake of GM, they are investing as much in design as they are in quality.

IMO, it's too blocky and clumsy... personally I prefer something more modern and athletic, like the Solstice, or even the Mustang. But I'm sure for every person that hates the styling, there'll be someone else who loves it. The interior looks fairly horrible, though.

I guess I'm in the minority when I say I don't like it. It looks mean from the front but the rear looks horrible and the interior looks like it was designed a decade (+/- a few years) ago. I'm not a big fan of the new Camaro's styling, either. I guess it's something about the blocky-ness or squared-off look, I'm not sure. The Camaro definately looks better than this, especially the rear. Is something wrong with me if I like the current GTO, both performance and looks-wise?

I love the interior.  to each their own.  Looks like they have a 5 speed manual in there as well.  Hopefully for my next car I will have the GTO, Camaro, and Challenger to choose from.  lakefire to the rescue!

http://www.gearsandcheers.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=286

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

[post="61866"][/post]

Front: good, rear: bad, side: average, interior: bad. Overall: not good. :huh: Camaro, please...

No Vipes, that comment honestly wasn't directed at you.

I cannot wait to see the Camaro now. First, the brilliant Mustang (mine would be a bright blue/black leather GT with the 18" rim package and spoiler delete), now the awesome new Challenger (imagine it in avacado metallic, like the original, with black leather), and next... last but certainly not least... CAMARO. I just hope the next GTO can ride this throbbing wave with more characterful styling.

Its growing on me but that interior needs more brightwork, and some two tone leather seats or something, otherwise its as inviting as an empty bathtub. How will the frameless windows affect the crash results. Edited by frogger

I love the interior.  to each their own.  Looks like they have a 5 speed manual in there as well.  Hopefully for my next car I will have the GTO, Camaro, and Challenger to choose from.  lakefire to the rescue!

http://www.gearsandcheers.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=286

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

[post="61866"][/post]

OMG! That thing looks amazing! Thanks for posting the pics, but why did you set up an entire forum for just those pictures (at least that's what it seems like)?

Hm, now that I think it over, my main beef with this Challenger is that it looks like a molded caricature of the original. It has the general shape down, but the subtleties that make a car timeless aren't there. Maybe I'll like it better in silver or blue.