Whats your driving style?

so how does everyone here drive? I find there is quite a few styles i notice on the road.. there is agressive (taking everything fast, and easily angered) then there is normal (this doesnt need to be explained) then there is conservative (overly-cautious, slows down if someone is merging into the lane next to them etc) then there is 'boy racer' (people in thier civics and stuff basically driving in neutral and revving the engine and treating each red light like they were at a drag strop..with a slow ass car :lol:) then we've got our blue haired friends.. I know there is more that I cant think of.. so what kind of driver are you? I find i'm usually normal...but the better I get the more agressive I get :rolleyes: drives me nuts...and I dont know why, I was always one of those guys that said 'nah i'm not going to speed and drive like crazy' before I got my license, and I didnt at first... lol I want to town down o nthe agressiveness..... but otherwise i'm alright

well i have a few different driving styles... personally i like to get up to speed quickly and then just cruise. sometimes, i cruise at 80mph (never over 80 consistantly) and sometimes, if i really want to enjoy the drive, 55 or 60mph... but, if i see someone that looks like an interesting race trying to get me to go, i'll punch it... but seeing that as soon as i punch the gas, the car is at over 110 mph in a matter of seconds and i'm in jail time... its advisable to rarely drive like that. but its hard to agrivate me, so road rage isnt me, if someone does get road rage, i'll be about 10 seconds ahead of traffic, to stay away from them, i love my car too much for some jack to start getting upset Edited by Newbiewar

I'm pretty normal.....however, I can adapt an aggressive driving style when needed......aggressive mostly meaning a bit more speed. However, I'm proud of myself in that I'm VERY devoted to obeying the "laws of the land" such as lane discipline, signaling when changing lanes, not cutting people off, etc. Instead of "Fast and Furious" I'd call myself "Fast and Proper."

I'd say normal, except when I'm at work delievering pizzas. Then, the beast is unleashed.  :metal:

[post="65765"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Normal - 80 %
Conservative - 15 %
Aggressive - 5 % *

* there has to be a lot of slack (wide open roads with nobody on them, etc.) for me to take this approach.

I've mellowed with age. Back in college when I had the Integras, I was very aggressive, and revving the engines was so much fun. I hated people passing me on the freeway. Now I drive like an old man, trying to get the best mileage out of the Silverado and driving the Lexus gently so that it will last a long, long time.

for me - Accelerate to the limits quickly but remain out of demerit point range. 15 km/h and more over the limits gets you points. The OPP has admitted that they don't give out tickets for 117 km/h or less on the 400-series (expressways). 50 km/h = 62 km/h 60 km/h = 72 km/h 80 km/h = 92 km/h 100 km/h = 115 km/h I follow closer than most people think is safe (in good weather) when I can't get around the person, but keep extra alert when doing so.

One time I was supposed to go somewhere with my girlfriend and one of her friends. We were all going to ride in my car, then her friend said, "Oh wait, you're a driver, nevermind I'll drive myself." That should pretty much explain it. Aggressive, I dont speed through residential areas where there I dont have much visibility (cars parked up and down the side of the road, etc) but if I have good enough visibility I'll go 5 over in many areas, sometimes more because a couple of neighborhoods have absolutely retarded 15mph speed limits. Stop signs are a mere suggestion a lot of times, especially in town when there is one every block and there is no traffic anywhere.

Probably somewhere between agressive and normal. I drive probably about 10 over on most roads, but I don't weave through traffic or anything like that. Even when I'm not in a rush I still drive fast because anything under 40 seems really slow to me since I'm used to going about 45 in a 35. I get mad at people when they do boneheaded stuff, but other than that I don't really get mad except when people drive either under the speed limit for no reason or I'm in a hurry.

I used to be sort of a leadfoot until one night when something happened up in New Hampshire and I was reminded of how expensive it is to drive fast. Sixty8 knows what's up; he was in the passenger's seat :lol:

Posted Image

Basically all you need to know is I got boned. Hard. :blink:

Hmm, depends if I'm pissed or not. I was pissed a few weeks ago, so I was drifting intersections (umm, big ones where thats a major no-no), cutting off piss-ass minivans, and the like. Normally, I'm good though. Sometimes I take off fast, but I never do 5+ over (on roads, not highways). I try to stay 2-3 MPH over the speed limit, and that's all. On the highway, I've done 97. Woot. Badass?

XP: That was a night I'll never forget, the speeding ticket was the least of your troubles. Someday you should post the story. :P As far as myself in the past year: Datsun: 125 STS: 128 Camaro: Felt like 170.... but in real;ity I think I've done about 140. If I restored the old squeeky suspension and put in thighter springs it would be capable of a lot faster. I mean at 2800 I'm doing about 70 so at 6000 RPM I'd think even wiht the air resistance and all the other factors it has to be low 140s. The car revs to 7000rpm so 150+ is possible.

On the highway the fastest I've gone is 112 in the egg; that's about all she's got. Thankfully that didn't end up with one of those pretty pink pieces of paper too  :lol:

[post="66000"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well most I've went over the speed limit is probably about 97 in a 70 or 75 in a 45.

However, I got a ticket that said I was going 52 in a 15. And the cop lied. Asshole.
I was going 25.

[post="66003"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

haha... i can almost almost beat that 97 mph over the speed limit...

the speed limit was, 65, i was going... 1...5...5-160 ish... so thats 90-95mph over the limit...

as you can see... not too agressive, just fast... and i wont go that fast again, cause i almost hit a car cause i couldnt stop fast enough, the mustang i raced topped out, soo, i had to switch lanes, but still couldnt stop fast enough, almost hit a truck...

I'd say I drive normally most of the time. However, there are many circumstances which cause that to change. The Exceptions? 1.) When that twit driving the SUV in the left lane more than 10 mph below the speed limit, now that pisses me off. Or Grandpa/Grandma going 35 in 55 zone on a road like U.S. 12 (Chicago Street) and oncoming traffic prevents a pass. As soon as the opportunity comes up, I'm pass them. I love driving on the freeway, speed control set to 75-80 mph, and insisting that slower moving traffic in the passing lane get over where they belong. I wish I knew what was wrong with people in that they insist on sitting there in the passing lane!! I hate it when people don't use their turn signals when the change lanes, turn, etc. And it's usually the damn SUV drivers doing it too! I mean, come on, I know I'm down here in my cloud car, but that doesn't mean you can do whatever whenever you want. (even though this doesn't cahnge my driving on most days) 2.) And if there are curves on a dry day? Well, that's just an invitation to have some fun. Kind of the Exit 13 for Interstate 69 North. It's fun to probe the laws of physics there, just have to have a bit of cowardliness to prevent an "uh-oh". I remember a couple of years ago I had the LeBaron Convert up to about 121. My friend in his V8 Thunderbird was coming into view again. Hehe. Less of a speed governor on my car versus his.

I can drive each of those ways if and when I feel the need. :D

Generally, though, I drive aggressive... as in fast. That and "boy racer", whatever that's supposed to mean. Speedlimits are optional and other vehicles are "in the way", but I try to drive respectfully. I like how the OC said it. I don't tailgate nor cut people off, yet I try to have fun. Revving... tire squealing... and that's around town. When out on Pa's curvy backroads with no other cars in sight... I'm driving double the speedlimit and forcing that Grand Am around turns. It's the best way to have fun, no question. At night, I stupidly like drive "stealth". Backlighting off... headlights off... foglights on. What can I say... I'm a stupid teenager. :P

As for my atv... as fast as possible, literally. That's during day. During night... how does no lights sound? ...And sometimes no clothes? :lol: :ph34r: Hahaha...

Fast but not agressive, aggressive is when you have no regard to others or traffic conditions. I lost my license twice when I was 19 for speed. 6 months and then another 90 days within a month. In traffic or towns or high copper risk areas I drive with traffic the faster traffic. being country boy back roads are hard to resist the need for some lateral G's but thats only when alone. Rest of the time like a mature, collared family man making good time but not rocking the boat.

I like to drive hard and fast and right behind the guy in front of me. Joshiepoo knows how I do it. Every. Night. In my Malibu. Everyone tailgates down here. They. Get. Really. Close to my BuBu and I've been tapped in the rear several times. I don't mind though. Joshie needs to tap my Malibooty with his Solstice.

Assertive... I don't hesitate when I make a turn, change lanes, etc.. I like to drive as smoothly as possible...avoiding abrupt movements, jerky shifts, etc. I generally stick to the speed limit or the prevaling rate--if everyone around me is doing 5 mph over the limit, I go with the flow... Pet peeves are tailgaters, people that don't signal when changing lanes, slow down on an freeway entrance ramp, drive slow in the left lane, etc..

Sometimes I can drive pretty normal, but a lot of the times my baby just wants to go, and who am I to argue with her? I'm not speeding, I'm qualifying. :AH-HA_wink: I've been up around 165-ish in my car...I think...my speedo numbers stop at 155, but my car has Dinan software which along with doing many things, removes the governor. My speedo still wraps around though :P

Who is wpbharry this week? (*Epiphany*) OMG, is it Josh?

I love to drive fast. A Chevy Colorado is not always the most appropriate vehicle to do it in though. And I hate whiplash from the speed limiter. That's why I miss my little Autobahn burner... no cheesy fuel cutoff nanny to spoil the fun.
Edited by ocnblu

Who is wpbharry this week?  (*Epiphany*)  OMG, is it Josh?

I love to drive fast.  A Chevy Colorado is not always the most appropriate vehicle to do it in though.  And I hate whiplash from the speed limiter.  That's why I miss my little Autobahn burner... no cheesy fuel cutoff nanny to spoil the fun.

[post="66635"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sometimes I wish my Grand Cherokee had a Hemi instead of a 4.0L 6...it's an easy car to speed in because it seems to be invisible to police ---on freeways where sometimes 75% of the vehicles are SUVs, it really blends in... I can often drive 15-20mph over the limit with no problem...

I hate whiplash from the speed limiter.  That's why I miss my little Autobahn burner... no cheesy fuel cutoff nanny to spoil the fun.

[post="66635"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hear ya... the STS cuts off about 2000RPM shy of redline and at a pathetic 128. :( Not even enought to get arrested for if you're in a 65MPH zone...

OCN: what was your Autobahn Burner? Corvair?

I'm with stace. With the Cobalt, though, I find myself doing 60 on all but the most treacherous roads. It just feels that solid.

168 in a GP with stock suspension, tires (eek!) and no lower air dam was fun... once.

[post="66725"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

'00 Volkswagen GTI 1.8t.  Had him up to 135 on Rt 50 between DC and Annapolis, playing cat and mouse with a Mercedes E-class.

[post="66890"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

...And my Grand Am has only gone 100. How sad... never got to check its top speed before the spun rod bearing. Damn thing...