Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Name your price

ocnblu

So, am I the only dreamer who goes to the "build & price" section of a manufacturer site just to work up an MSRP for a "vehicle of the moment"? I do it a lot. My two latest are a 2010 Colorado and a 2010 Patriot. Here's how they compare for each vehicle the way I'd want it equipped:

2010 Colorado 1LT regular cab 4X4

3.7L

auto

G80 rear end

power/convenience pkg

fullsize spare

- $25,560

2010 Patriot Sport Pkg E 4X4

Freedom Drive II Off-Road Pkg

CVT with crawl ratio

Premium Sound Group

- $25,260

Coincidentally they are exactly $300 apart. Which, if you were me, would you choose? And post your latest "build & price" results.

Edited by ocnblu

Hmm...all the time...and today was both a Camaro 1LT RS and a 1SS RS after seeing a white one and curious to know what a White/Beige cloth V6 and V8 variety tallied to, well, for about the 50th time I've built one.

1LT RS was just over $30k as I'd like, 1SS RS was just over $33k...same stuff, otherwise, I just thought "$3k for the V8...hmm..."

I do this, building, and then depending on the results and what might be attractive current incentives I start toying with the idea of "okay, my car is worth this..." and playing with loan calculators :AH-HA_wink: Otherwise, just browsing existing models through the GM site, dealer sites, Ford sites, etc. for cars to Derek spec.

If I win McDonald's damn Monopoly peel and win game (I'm actually one property away in each set from winning ... something; even the million bucks), I'll probably go car shopping again. :smilewide:

And buy the Grand Regal a paint job.

Don't get anything too expensive! You'll need to save some money for a colostomy after all that McDonalds. :P

Hmm...all the time...and today was both a Camaro 1LT RS and a 1SS RS after seeing a white one and curious to know what a White/Beige cloth V6 and V8 variety tallied to, well, for about the 50th time I've built one.

1LT RS was just over $30k as I'd like, 1SS RS was just over $33k...same stuff, otherwise, I just thought "$3k for the V8...hmm..."

I do this, building, and then depending on the results and what might be attractive current incentives I start toying with the idea of "okay, my car is worth this..." and playing with loan calculators :AH-HA_wink: Otherwise, just browsing existing models through the GM site, dealer sites, Ford sites, etc. for cars to Derek spec.

Whut? That is exactly what I do with those darn things... always wheelin' and dealin'.

Yeah, with the '07 Saturn AURA lease ending in just 29 days (Nov 17), even though I bought the '96 Cadillac Fleetwood I've been cruising the car websites again. I really, really like the new 2010 GMC Terrain and priced out both FWD and AWD versions, from SLE-2 ($31,325 FWD/$33,075 AWD), SLT-1 ($32,980 FWD/$34,730 AWD), and SLT-2 ($34,285 FWD/$36,035 AWD). Of course these are MSRP's, and GM Supplier Pricing will save me $1,400 from MSRP . Still too much, especially the SLT-2 model, but a boy can still dream, right?!?!

On the flip-side, yesterday I was being stalked by Pontiac G8s. A black GT, an orange GT, and a white V6 all last night as we went out to dinner & a movie with friends. I stopped by a BPG dealership in central NJ last Tuesday for a Terrain brochure and they still had 6 or 7 Pontiac G8s on the lot (mostly GT models, but a few V6s - all in either red, white or black). That got me started thinking about the Pontiac G8 again and then of course the 3 last night really got me thinking. Plus Pontiac is offering 0% for 72 months on all leftover Pontiacs... : :scratchchin:

Just went to www.mini.pt and configured a MINI John Cooper Works.

Equipment:

White

Black roof and mirrors

Black hood stripes

Standard 17-inch wheels

Chili Pack

Bluetooth connectivity, Armrest, Leather 3-spoke steering wheel & Cruise control

Rearview mirror kit

Chrome Line exterior

Passanger-side airbag disconnect switch (key operated)

Visibility Pack

Anti-theft alarm

Rear parking sensors

Price: EUR 39,320 (that's USD 58,465 using last Friday's exchange rate of USD 1.4869/EUR)

Yeah, with the '07 Saturn AURA lease ending in just 29 days (Nov 17), even though I bought the '96 Cadillac Fleetwood I've been cruising the car websites again. I really, really like the new 2010 GMC Terrain and priced out both FWD and AWD versions, from SLE-2 ($31,325 FWD/$33,075 AWD), SLT-1 ($32,980 FWD/$34,730 AWD), and SLT-2 ($34,285 FWD/$36,035 AWD). Of course these are MSRP's, and GM Supplier Pricing will save me $1,400 from MSRP . Still too much, especially the SLT-2 model, but a boy can still dream, right?!?!

On the flip-side, yesterday I was being stalked by Pontiac G8s. A black GT, an orange GT, and a white V6 all last night as we went out to dinner & a movie with friends. I stopped by a BPG dealership in central NJ last Tuesday for a Terrain brochure and they still had 6 or 7 Pontiac G8s on the lot (mostly GT models, but a few V6s - all in either red, white or black). That got me started thinking about the Pontiac G8 again and then of course the 3 last night really got me thinking. Plus Pontiac is offering 0% for 72 months on all leftover Pontiacs... : :scratchchin:

Yep, 0% for 72 months...and not many left :AH-HA_wink: Before it really got down to truly just a handful, I was considering a GXP with such deals for yet another color and a sunroof, plus the LS3. It's never good enough :mind-blowing:

I'd think there's profit in the Fleetwood, and though we still haven't been in touch...you know...

When you have an old car, regardless of what it is or how nice, you're always jealous and want something cool and new. When you have a new car, you start to get tired of payments and sometimes not playing with it as much, and think about what you could have done with something a few years old and low miles or just older and low maintained...

Been there. Hah. The G8 has kept me pleased because I get a blend of both, payment and a modding/maintenance budget that just keep it coming, it seems. But I'm still online building a Camaro...an Equinox...a CTS...a whatever...going "you know..."

See, if my dad wasn't in the hospital at the beginning of July, I would have ventured to my Pontiac dealership before the 4th of July sales event expired and went through the numbers on a Pontiac G8, even if it was for a V6 (the GT is nice, but I don't *need* a V8 as long as the V6 provided enough power for my needs). But alas, he wasn't released until after and I missed out. But if things worked differently, I might be driving a 2009 Pontiac G8 now. So a part of me says that I can get a well-loaded new/leftover G8 V6 Sedan for cheaper than a 2010 GMC Terrain that's not as loaded as I'd like (and more likely FWD and not AWD), so I should be considering one if I was smart. The G8 and the Terrain are the only two feasible GM vehicles I can see myself going for (I'd still love a Sierra Crew Cab, but that falls under the unfeasible side). If I pass on the G8, there's still the Terrain, but it wouldn't be anytime soon and the AURA would be returned without me getting something new. But then there's the issue of would I really be happy with the G8, especially once more Terrains start appearing on the roads? So that's where I'm at now, and I've stopped myself from going to the Pontiac dealership to be tempted even more.

As for the Caddy, it's a great car and I'm happy to have it (finally, after years of wanting one). But caddycruiser points something important out - it's not "new" and I've come to like the features that new cars today offer (remote start, steering wheel radio controls, iPod usage, etc). And for the past 10 years I've had nothing but new vehicles to drive, so the prospect of driving an older car that may not be as reliable as I thought have entered my mind. I do want to keep the Caddy and fix it up over time if I went new right now, but not sure my finances are strong enough to handle the wife's G6, a new car for me, and the small loan I've taken out for the Fleetwood.

caddycruiser... I definitely need to make some arrangements with you and soon. I really want to get the window situation corrected, as it's posing quite a problem for me now. If I knew I wouldn't miss it - which I would very much - I'd part with it for a new car. I feel lucky to have it and would probably beat myself up for selling it. I am at a crossroads here...

Not that I'm in the market for a new car, but just for fun...

2010 MINI Cooper - $18,800

Destination ($700)

Pepper White/Black Roof ($0)

Black/Grey Leatherette ($0)

Sport Package ($1,250)

Total MSRP - $20,750

Negotiated price - $20,150

picture2rzu.png

36 Month Lease @ 12K mi/yr

Residual: 63% of MSRP

MF: .00217 Base Rate (+ .00007 reduction per additional Multiple Security Deposit)

($20,150 – ($20,750 * .63)) / 36 = $196.60 Depreciation

($20,150 + ($20,750 * .63)) X .00217 = $72.09 Interest

= $268.69/mo + TTL, $0 down payment, $300 refundable security deposit

Or, if I do 8 additional Security Deposits:

($20,150 – ($20,750 * .63)) / 36 = $196.60 Depreciation

($20,150 + ($20,750 * .63)) X .00161 = $53.49 Interest

= $250.09/mo + TTL, $0 down payment, $2,250 refundable security deposit

2010 BMW 128i - $29,000

Destination ($825)

Sport Package ($1,300)

Xenon headlights ($900)

BMW Assist and Bluetooth ($800)

Total MSRP - $32,775

European Delivery Invoice + $500 dealer profit - $28,910

picture6ym.png

36 Month Lease @ 12K mi/yr

Residual: 60% of MSRP

MF: .00225 Base Rate (+ .00007 reduction per additional Multiple Security Deposit)

With 8 additional Security Deposits:

($28,910 – ($32,775 * .60)) / 36 = $256.80 Depreciation

($28,910 + ($32,775 * .60)) X .00169 = $82.09 Interest

= $338.89/mo + TTL, $0 down payment, $3,150 refundable security deposit

BMW's European Delivery and MSD program rock. For the 128i, the ED invoice is a good $2K less than the regular invoice, AND you can negotiate more with the dealer, because ED cars are not allocated and anything over invoice is pure profit for them. With MSD, the savings can be huge... on average you get a 10% per year tax-free return. It's much better than a down payment on a lease, which you lose if your car is totalled.

Edited by pow

I've been running the #s on the Mustang GT coupe and convertible, Camaro SS, CTS AWD, MKS,even the Taurus...also searching on CPO Town Cars.

Thinking of one of two approaches--either keep the Jeep for winter and get a new fun car for good weather (i.e. Mustang or Camaro) or keep the Jeep for winter and get a mid-to-large sedan for the daily driver ...I like both modern (CTS, MKS) and old school (Town Car)..

I'd really like to buy something new or CPO in the next 8-24 months, but will hold off until after I move..lots of stuff to do, solutions to work out.

Rob

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar