HALLOWEEN

Today:

We had the office Halloween party. Sections were broken up into themes. Our area was "Old Western Town." I was going to set up my office as the town bordello (a lot of red velour, and not much else). That didn't fly. (Damn, virtually every Western town of any significance had a bordello). So, instead, they gave me rolls of paper and I did mural type drawings of Western landscapes (mesas, cactus, sagebrush, rattlesnakes, mountain lions, and bighorn sheep, etc). to cover the walls. I ate so much I have to go lay down (quantity of what people brought in "potluck" style, but not necessarily quality).

Tomorrow (actual Halloween Day):

Not a damn thing...looking forward to a quiet weekend.

Your Halloween plans?

Was going to go to a party, but since I've got a ton of homework, and am not entirely well, I'll spend my night handing out candy, lamenting the lack of trick-or-treater's due to overzealous parents, and hassling teens who think it's awesome to put cherry bombs in pumpkins and fire roman candles and bottle rockets at housing and cars.

Halloween is Gay Christmas, and this is the first time since '98 it has fallen on a Saturday night, thanks to leap year. I'll be in my mid-50s when the next one rolls around, so I'm planning on whooping this one up while I still look good in a dress (joking - I'll always look good in a dress!)

I was going to go dressed as Ontario's budget deficit, but decided that would be far too scary. The gay ghetto will be crazy tomorrow night. Friends are gathering at our place tomorrow night, then we're heading out to haunt the streets, literally. My aim is to break as many of the Commandments as I can in one night!

Whatever we end up doing, I plan on celebrating to excess.

I think I'll be dressed as "urban blight." I'll be unkempt and sloppy looking, and I'll go around f@#king other peoples' $h! up--knocking over drinks, spilling on people, generally being an ass. I think it's the most inspired idea I've heard all year, and ironically it came from Planetizen.

When I got home from work yesterday, there was an array of munchkins dressed up in costumes in the neighbor's front yard, moms yelling out instructions and snapping photos. Cute. One "princess" was hauling around a yellow leaf stuck to the bottom of her long lavender dress.

It scares me to think of dressing up.

Going out to dinner this evening with family to celebrate Dad's 65th birthday, which was on the 29th. Other than that... no plans.

I think I'll be dressed as "urban blight." I'll be unkempt and sloppy looking, and I'll go around f@#king other peoples' $h! up--knocking over drinks, spilling on people, generally being an ass. I think it's the most inspired idea I've heard all year, and ironically it came from Planetizen.

so you re going to be a college frat boy? hehe sleep pants screams the part...

i'll hopefully get the colorado's windshield cowl leak under control in time to take my girlfriend and her son out trick or treating. prolly wont dress up, all i have are my airsoft bdu's and i dont want to wear them unless i get to rain down some 6mm plastic hate on somebody... oddly enough the local police departments frown heavily on that...

Edited by cletus8269

Our office had its Halloween day yesterday, which starts off by "working" from 8-12 (although not much work gets done when you're looking at everyone's costumes), then the partners bought pizza and we ate from 12-1, and then bowling from 1-4 followed by announcing the winners in our costume competition. I was part of the Addam's family and we won best group. Afterward, we went over to a co-worker's house for a Halloween party.

Today, I watched Iowa amazingly score 28 comeback points in the 4th quarter to win against Indiana, and then tonight I'm heading to a co-worker's for a Halloween movie night.

halloweendl.jpg

Edited by mustang84

I'm in the middle of repairing a catastrophic RAID 5 failure on a server at work. - oh fun! At least I'm able to do it from home.

Well, after I parted with the family for the evening, I thought I'd go out a bit on my own to see what's up... but alas, the night was cut short when I had a sudden urge to drop the kids off at the pool. Don'tcha hate that?

I slept all day, Halloween is my favorite holiday but it's just not the same anymore, there were ZERO trick or treaters anywhere in my neighborhood. So I passed out around 5 PM and have all this candy now that I didn't give out.

Edited by Delta Force79