Satty

So lone Misery

108 posts in this topic

Off to a far more Merry Land, if only for a few days. I do hate the thought of having to come back to this hellhole, maybe the whole state will burn before next Wednesday.

What did I miss? Merry Land = Maryland?

There are a lot worse places that Missouri, a lot worse.

Yes, like Arizona.

Yes, like Arizona.

Between you and a good childhood friend that lives in Las Vegas, I have pretty much written off the Southwest and the Intermountain West. It's pretty damn bleak, aesthetically speaking.

Between you and a good childhood friend that lives in Las Vegas, I have pretty much written off the Southwest and the Intermountain West. It's pretty damn bleak, aesthetically speaking.

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder - I love the SW.

Me too, especially TexAss ...:yes:

Worse than AZ, IMHO. I generally dislike the South and SW (except for SE Florida and the Keys).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Just checked the local (Missouri) news and the state hasn't yet burned, consider me disappointed. I loathe that state and cannot wait to leave for good. I wish only the worst for that $h!hole and its people.

Time to turn in your blue vest with the smiley face. And no, I won't be needing that cart, thanks.

Just checked the local (Missouri) news and the state hasn't yet burned, consider me disappointed. I loathe that state and cannot wait to leave for good. I wish only the worst for that $h!hole and its people.

Where do you want to move?

Where do you want to move?

Chicago or somewhere on the east coast. I'm enjoying Maryland thusfar.

What part of Maryland?

I do love New England, I would just prefer to live in NH...and I do hate the rust that comes with the region.

I've thought a lot about Chicago...I have ties there, lived there briefly while in grad school, like the city and the west/NW suburbs. Also maybe Pittsburgh (lots of family ties there) or further East. Then again, I may go back to Denver or to one of the West Coast extremities. Getting restless in AZ, want to repot myself in '10. I want to be in a big metro area w/ plenty of software engineering opportunities, a major hub airport, and more greenery, w/ hills or mountains nearby and an ocean, rivers or lakes nearby.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

What part of Maryland?

So far just Baltimore, tomorrow and Tuesday are days for exploration. Mostly law school type exploration in MD and VA.

Ugh my vote is east coast. Chicago...well, I find most people from there to be rather vulgar, and that accent...

Maryland is a nice state. Mountains to ski in the west, Baltimore/Annapolis/DC, the Chesapeake Bay and ocean beaches down east. It's got everything.

Maryland is a nice state. Mountains to ski in the west, Baltimore/Annapolis/DC, the Chesapeake Bay and ocean beaches down east. It's got everything.

Yup, everything...including cold winter and humid summer. I could never live there.

Winters are not cold there, and the summers are fantastic, with water recreation activities always within daytrip reach.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor