Sad Day

Well yesterday at work we ran out of jobs to process so they had to send me and a bunch of other people home, and I had today off. My boss told me to call him this afternoon to see if there was work for Wednesday. I called and left a message. He just called me back and told me that unfortunately, our customers have no more jobs to send us.Normally there's work up until the 2nd or 3rd week of December but for whatever reason we've already gone though all of the work for the season. So I got laid off. :(

He said I'm eligible for unemployment, and that he would send information about it with my check. He also said that I did good work and offered to put me on the call back list for Spring (which I said yes of course).

It just really, really sucks. I was getting caught up and on top of bills, making money, and I really enjoyed working there.

Need to get to looking again. At least I have more experience and another reference.

Good luck, DF. You're IT, right? Mind if I take a look at your resume?

I'd b happy to send it but IT is more of a side thing based on what I know, my actual career schooling has been in Design.

Besides the usual Dice and Monster, I'd check out SoloGig.com also..good for freelance work.

I'll check them out.

Thanks guys.

It stinks, in every way, but keep moving on...into that uncertainty, or otherwise. Good start to Tuesday, then close with a stinker.

Same time this afternoon I finally, and depressingly, got a rejection email from HR of a big national corp I had been interviewing with and was in DC this time last week to meet with, after a series of "good...good...this is sounding really great..." contacts, calls, etc. Had a weird feeling at the end of last week, and thankfully remain employed where I have been since 2006, just wanting out. I was to the point of anticipating the potential move & getting amped up, looking into how and where, etc. and then detour...bridge closed ahead. So, it was a great experience, just have to keep rolling on to the next. That doesn't make it any less depressing, but alas. More experience, more references, etc. always a great thing, and especially when you're younger.

What a time it remains to be, even when there are good glimmers of hope...but it will pick up once again when the time is right.

Edited by caddycruiser

I really feel for you, DF.

Jobs can we weird. They may differ greatly from what was conveyed in the interview. A person can actually like it and get along with the people, and then it comes to an end for a lack of work or a change in operations. I've seen this happen where people take jobs, it's humming along fine, and then the company gets acquired in the near-term future.

Definitely stay in their good graces for the reference, or possible re-hire and, more likely than not, 2010 ought to be better than 2008/2009 as for producing new jobs. Keep your chin up.

I am so sorry Dodge Fan. I really am. I know it is hard and that when the one door closes, another one opens up. I know it is tiresome and frustrating. I really do. Something just told me to tell you while you were wanting that job to be the place for you, the place you will be is not where you will expect to be.

Stay encouraged and do not stop or give or quit. Press in , press on , press forward.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

I really feel for you, DF.

Jobs can we weird. They may differ greatly from what was conveyed in the interview. A person can actually like it and get along with the people, and then it comes to an end for a lack of work or a change in operations. I've seen this happen where people take jobs, it's humming along fine, and then the company gets acquired in the near-term future.

Definitely stay in their good graces for the reference, or possible re-hire and, more likely than not, 2010 ought to be better than 2008/2009 as for producing new jobs. Keep your chin up.

I've had jobs where the interviews went great, got a good offer, started, and within a few weeks it was like 'WTF was I thinking???'..totally hating the place. I've had others where the interview went great and I never hear back from the recruiter.