Drew Dowdell

This Just In: 2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon

43 posts in this topic

This Just In:

2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon

gallery_51_12_767986.png

So today I turned in the keyfob for the 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXS and I have an article to write. But how can I write with a new 2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon sitting outside? Instead of getting to work, I drove 7 hours from Pittsburgh, PA to Toronto, Ontario through a blizzard in a rear wheel drive car.

This starts the Interactive Review for the 2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon. Gear up your questions.

*pssst* ahem, *whispers* drew you know there's a gas nozzle hanging out of the side of the car, right? how long were you dragging it? :smilies-38096:

When do you get into Detroit?

1542 on Sunday. With getting the car from the parking lot and everything make it 1700 by the time we reach home.

1542 on Sunday. With getting the car from the parking lot and everything make it 1700 by the time we reach home.

K, I'll time my trip from Toronto to coincide

An actual car-related question, how much stuff will it hold. Not cubic feet, but in reality. Lets say 4 people, 1500 mile, 7 day road trip, would there be enough cargo space for their luggage?

Two adults, two kids old enough to not need strollers, no problem.

Four adults for that long, pushing it but doable if people are careful with their packing. Skiing = no, beach trip = yes.

How is the outward visibility? The gigantic d-pillar seems like it might block your view when changing lanes, backing out of driveways, that kind of thing.

Visibility is surprisingly good. Better in fact than the Lacrosse I just had. The mirrors are slightly parabolic so you get a wide view that way.

Really, it felt a lot like my 2004 CTS in that regard.

3.0 or 3.6 and what kind of mileage on the highway?

This car just seems so freaking perfect.

Edited by Satty

3.0 or 3.6 and what kind of mileage on the highway?

This car just seems so freaking perfect.

Hah! I didn't even bother to look at which engine. I am going to guess that it has the 3.0 because it just doesn't have the urge to run like the Lacrosse 3.6 I just drove had. Then again, I drove the whole way in the snow, so I wasn't in the position to goose it.

I got 24mpg on the way up here, but it might not be the best measure since the driving conditions weren't that good.

RE: cargo - is there not a sort of 'hidden' roof rack also? (As tough as it is getting used to a RPO Cadillac wagon, the idea of roping suitcases down to the roof of this one is beyond my capacity to visualize it).

Just got back to my hotel where the literature is. It is, in fact, the 3.6. I might have just been being to gentle with it.

How did it handle in snow? Any glaring glitches?

It did fine. Use the manual mode to shift it into 2 for take off and you're fine.

Two adults, two kids old enough to not need strollers, no problem.

Four adults for that long, pushing it but doable if people are careful with their packing. Skiing = no, beach trip = yes.

I'm sure Yakima or Thule has roof ski racks that will fit it.

It did fine. Use the manual mode to shift it into 2 for take off and you're fine.

those look like snow tires, can you confirm if those are stock tires?

or at least they look like they have an aggressive outer tread for all seasons if that's what they are.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room