Ever been tempted to commit auto-theft?

Camino LS6

I can't honestly say I've ever run across anything worthwhile where I've actually thought of jumping in and taking. I have thought of breaking into a car (crudely) and moving it because the jackass parked so close that I either can't get in my door or I can't pull out of the spot without ruining the side of my car.

I can't honestly say I've ever run across anything worthwhile where I've actually thought of jumping in and taking. I have thought of breaking into a car (crudely) and moving it because the jackass parked so close that I either can't get in my door or I can't pull out of the spot without ruining the side of my car.

Floor jack moves these pretty easy. I spun one guy so he was up against a wall.

Years back, a buddy told me he spotted an old Chrysler behind a highway motel. We motored over and sure enough- a '58 Chrysler Saratoga 2-dr hardtop. That era MoPars didn't have the traditional door lock buttons, the doors locked via the inside door handle. I worked open the vent window to where I could slip my hand & arm in, then popped the door. We took turns admiring & sitting in the car, checking it out thoroughly & making 'brum-brum' Wedge sounds. I caught what I thought was a motel room curtain falling, so we buttoned her back up & walked back to our ride, just as police ruiser rounded the corner. Someone had called... but the cop didn't speak to us; no evidence.

We had no intentions of vandalism or theft, just admiration.... tho of course we did commit automotive B&E.

-- -- -- -- --

I have often wanted to do what's been mentioned above; move an idling vehicle around the corner. Anyone SO lazy they cannot shut off their car (I assume it's laziness.... can't think of another legitimate reason), deserves a rude awakening.

No, the consequences would complicate things too much.

If I do see a 75 or 76 Cutlass or Grand Le Mans coupe, I invariably stop the driver and ask him or her about their car...and how much they want for it!

However, the last car I had a parking lot conversation over was a recently purchased Ford Fusion 4 cylinder. :duck: The woman who drove it was raving about it.

But theft...nah...

Umm yeah.. last night actually. I just got out of work and stopped by the local USPS. Pulling in behind me was a brand new, murdered out (black paint, deep tints, black-out taillights, black powdercoated rims) CTS-V. I wanted to knock him out and steal the keys while we were standing in line, but I was nice. :) lol

Here are a few idears, Paulie:

"YOU BIG MONKEY!"

"YOUR MAMA!"

"PRINCESS TINYMEAT!"

"CAMELTOE FACE!"

"DO NOT PARK HERE NO MORE, FOO!":)

I was thinking more of something like keying this on the homophobic pr!ck's car: "Hey Steve, was in the area and thought I'd say hi!"