Snow will NOT stop...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's exactly like Friday/Saturday...snow...then some rain that doesn't make it seem so bad...but then WHOA snow again & the rain earlier mixed in with sleet makes it heavy and hard like you can't believe. Camino said it right, LEAD.

Nuts. Got really bad here around noon and kept on until a little bit ago, then stopped/slowed, now it's sideways blowing gigantic white heavy flakes again.

Image00001.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00009.jpg

Image00010.jpg

Gee, that looks SO familiar...oh, wait...it's like Saturday all over again...

Like saturday , only worse here.

Since it was worse here Saturday than it, well, sort of is today (waiting to see tomorrow morning...it's BAD out there now), sort of the reverse.

This morning it got to high 30's, the hard rutted icy slush stuff stayed on chunks of the road and there was a TON of water otherwise. It dropped to the low-mid 20's over the day & started snowing so it should basically be thick shiny ice all over then covered in several inches of snow. Cha ching. Greatness.

Can't wait for another 6:45am work email, driving ban regardless, "it's a little slippery but Expedition got me here fine...borrow a truck & get here". Hah!

Oh crap, it's still blowing snow...didn't realize until I saw the news & looked again...great...

That Avalanche I want to buy can't come soon enough...err...well...

Edited by caddycruiser

Too all you fellow members stuck in the snow storms, please be careful. We do not need any heart attacks, pulled muscles, etc. If I could I would take it all from you as we love it here in Seattle. Finally getting some cool rain and light snow in the mountains but need tons more. Becareful, if possible ignor idiot bosses that say just cause they got in you all have to get in. I do not want to read about any of you in the newspapers.

Be safe and good night from Seattle. :)

Got a call from my assistant manager last night... work is called off for a second day. So I'm going out there and reopen my driveway (after a neighbor used his snowblower yesterday, it drifted shut again) when the sun gets up, and get out in the world. Cannot stand being cooped up.

No emails for me today, nasty or otherwise, such a shame.

So I just decided myself it's a work from home one, and that's that. Unplowed street, the same ice ruts, etc. I can't get anywhere anyway. Just got a call from the one of us that did make it out "no one is to touch ANY of the cars...I had trouble in my Subaru & all the intersections & roads out are drifted shut".

Oh well. Work from come, confirmed, it is.

Yay, we're all alive...I think :AH-HA:

Still banned from driving here, etc. and according to the 3 paragraph email I just got from my boss "it's ridiculous...it didn't even do much..." Comic relief, every morning this week.

Had the local news on & what did we hear? "There's another system...snow...that should be here Monday..." OMG, the new anchor faces were priceless :blink:

Edited by caddycruiser

Worry not, no Toyota shall ever debase my fleet. :neenerneener:

No, I headed out through the tundra to the Tahoe , and successfully blasted my way through the plow piles and made my escape to Wawa.

The roads are unrecognizeable and extremely narrow, 4WD only at this point. But, the sun is shining brilliantly and it is just beautiful out there.

Edited by Camino LS6

All shoveled out, wanted to check in before I hit the shower and go exploring (no Drew, I did not buy a Ford :AH-HA: ). I should try to head down to mom's and see how she's making out. Then I have to go to the Russian grocery store (empty shelves) and pick over a few rotten potatoes.

60 and sunny here today. Supposed to be 71 tommorow, 79 by late next week. Spring is coming early.

But I can understand and commiserate, been talking w/ my Mom about the weather in E. Ohio. If my plans work out for '10 as I intend, I should back in the land of snow and ice for next winter :)

Not only did it stop today, it's still 35 degrees (holy heat wave) at night, and Delaware lifted the driving ban as of 6pm...it's going to be so weird to be back to a "normal" day tomorrow and get out of the house. Almost exciting...in a not exciting way.

Oh, yeah, wait. That snow crap in Texas & the gulf right now will be here Monday. That's right. Of course. I might actually fire up the G8 for the first time in a week tomorrow...whoa...

According to local people on the radio today & otherwise "big main roads are finally clear"...even "beautiful". Later warning by my father was "what are you doing tomorrow"...firing up the G8..."NO WAY...you'll leave pieces on the road...not gonna happen". Okay then, yet again. Nice. Blowing, ice ruts & otherwise, or so I've been told.

TG for 4x4 Ford's, one will once again be picking up & delivering me to work and back. G8...on permanent rest. Come Saturday, hell or high water, it's gonna go out, just has to, I don't care, and heading north.

Back from 20 hours of plowing. Have another few to do touching up tomm. Still vibrating from the motion.

19" here. Shoveled the truck out of being stuck 3 or 4 times. Swore often under the midnight sun.

Monday better not drop more than 1"- I am completely out of room to stack snow, unless driveways become an option.

'90 GMC was a real trooper (no, not an Izusu, Drew). I don't know what muffler(s) are on it, Flowmasters?, but the 350 rumbles & growl most addictively.

Holy CRAP. I don't know what the local yocals were talking about the past few days, with things being cleared, but after I bummed a ride in a 4x4 F-150 again this morning...after days of banned driving & otherwise, the roads were WORSE than Tuesday. Seriously. Ruts, holes, and solid ice so thick the road was banked like a race track in spots, passed a truck on the side of the road that had snapped a control arm or something with the wheel flopped out, and had the F-150 chattering like a mofo on the hard ridged ice.

Seriously. Delaware DOT needs to call a spade a spade with the "but we don't ever get THAT much winter" and get some real equipment in higher #'s and better management of how to get rid of it. The auto collision tech brother is about to be very, very, very busy as local cars are piling up with anything from underbody damage to just crash & smash front, rear & side. Oh, winter.

Quiet about Monday, but just now starting to hear "some now...gusty blowing winds..." No, really? Surely you're mistaken...

Wow..it just doesn't end. Just got off the phone w/ my sister, she's stranded for the weekend in Charlotte, NC..her flight to Atlanta then on home to Phoenix was cancelled..sounds like the bad weather has extended pretty far south currently..

Wow..it just doesn't end. Just got off the phone w/ my sister, she's stranded for the weekend in Charlotte, NC..her flight to Atlanta then on home to Phoenix was cancelled..sounds like the bad weather has extended pretty far south currently..

And headed northeast! Cha ching!

God, I'm going on a roadtrip tomorrow, north, while I still can...hopefully no issues around Philly or south Jersey, at least sticking to main highways. Then Monday/Tuesday...who knows...

I don't know how much shoveling I've done the past week or so... but I know that tonight I got really good at using a garden shovel as an icepick.

And I pushed my first car out of the snow/ice today. A current-gen Explorer. :)

12.5 inches in Dallas yesterday I read. Amazing.. talked to my sister a few min ago..after her flight from Charlotte to Phoenix via Atlanta was cancelled, she rented another car (Impala) and drove back to Camden, SC (where her hotel and client are) and said I-77 and I-26 were scary..alot of wrecks..snow has to be a pretty rare event down there.

Strange winter.

Well we're FINALLY getting in on the action. Pretty decent storm here. 7-10 inches forecast in the area I live. They recently upgraded the Winter Weather Advisory to Winter Storm Warning. Fun stuff.

Just watched a 2WD Silverado with its wheels turned full left sliding straight down my hill.

Let is snow let it snow let it snow.

Driving home yesterday the wind was blowing up a lot of snow onto the roads (snow drifts) and it was getting slippery. I was approaching a slight curve and noticed an older Nissan Quest minivan slide off the road and was stuck on the snow bank sideways... I slowed down as I got closer and watched a late '80s/early '90s Olds Cutlass Ciera going too fast into the turn plow into the snow bank and get stuck. Driver looked about 18-20 years old and clueless as to how to get his FWD car unstuck from the snow bank :lol:

I heard that 49 out of 50 states have / had snow so far. Al Gore must be sh!tting himself.

Had 2-3 inches of the fluffiest snow I have ever seen, but it was self-melting off the roads, so I didn't have to plow Monday night. But this crap doesn't seem to be melting much in general, either.

Its hard as a rock and not leaving out near the shore, too.

I'm amazed because when I walk around the house, its like 9-12 inches deep and when I stand on it, it holds my weight, which is considerable. I've never seen anything like it.

Spring is ALMOST here.

Though, I'm a bit jealous as we really haven't had a "huge" storm like some have this year.... We've had our share, but it hasn't seemed to last long....

12/26/09 SNOW STORM:

http://picasaweb.google.com/knightfan26917/Caprice#5439370941986378290

http://picasaweb.google.com/knightfan26917/Caprice#5439370946214084498

http://picasaweb.google.com/knightfan26917/Caprice#5439370948199220162

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * my radio show.03/13/10 *

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Promises mean everything" ... Everclear ... 'Wonderful'

What do I say to all the snow? Perfect time for a 2wd GM truck with a G80 & Stabilitrak...of course. Heh :AH-HA:

Thinking back a few years, I remember a couple of particularly dicey, heavy snow, thick ice, hills and red lights, driving 'ole Fleetwood on it's 275-50-17 Nitto tires & SS wheels and mama just TANKED along. Stable. Open diff, overactive traction control & all, along with a frame & suspension like a 1/2 ton truck underneath.

Ah, snow. I still hate you. Eck. Summer...please...or just spring...

It may snow here again Thursday, but thankfully after our 2ft or so, no electricity, and all else, 35-40 degree days and now rain has made a lot of it go away, monster piles aside. Last year we got a big one in March...I hope this year it was just early & is done for now.

I heard that 49 out of 50 states have / had snow so far. Al Gore must be sh!tting himself.

Had 2-3 inches of the fluffiest snow I have ever seen, but it was self-melting off the roads, so I didn't have to plow Monday night. But this crap doesn't seem to be melting much in general, either.

rotflmao.gif

Love the the Al part....

What do I say to all the snow? Perfect time for a 2wd GM truck with a G80 & Stabilitrak...of course. Heh AH-HA_wink.gif

Thinking back a few years, I remember a couple of particularly dicey, heavy snow, thick ice, hills and red lights, driving 'ole Fleetwood on it's 275-50-17 Nitto tires & SS wheels and mama just TANKED along. Stable. Open diff, overactive traction control & all, along with a frame & suspension like a 1/2 ton truck underneath.

Ah, snow. I still hate you. Eck. Summer...please...or just spring...

It may snow here again Thursday, but thankfully after our 2ft or so, no electricity, and all else, 35-40 degree days and now rain has made a lot of it go away, monster piles aside. Last year we got a big one in March...I hope this year it was just early & is done for now.

More snow here today here too....

Your story on G8 and weather conditions is very true. I live in NE NY and my driveway is inclined down from the roadway. Even after shovelling during this last storm and laying salt I still drifted sideways and

almost contacted house.. Was trying to make it to work and finally said I'll walk...It aint worth it.

Just hope that a good deal of pulse spinning to get out wasnt bad for the car...Mind you I didnt

rock it while changing gears, but still concerned that goosing it to get momentum (melting snow/ice under tires)

was a bad idea... Even took a pic of car where I left it near house with a caption under it to remind myself

how dumb it was...

My car is the V6 model with those damn Eagle m/s tires...

Keith Plattsburgh NY

post-10198-12670549870226.jpg

Your story on G8 and weather conditions is very true. I live in NE NY and my driveway is inclined down from the roadway. Even after shovelling during this last storm and laying salt I still drifted sideways and

almost contacted house.. Was trying to make it to work and finally said I'll walk...It aint worth it.

Just hope that a good deal of pulse spinning to get out wasnt bad for the car...Mind you I didnt

rock it while changing gears, but still concerned that goosing it to get momentum (melting snow/ice under tires)

was a bad idea... Even took a pic of car where I left it near house with a caption under it to remind myself

how dumb it was...

My car is the V6 model with those damn Eagle m/s tires...

Keith Plattsburgh NY

Throw a 50 lb bag of cat kitty or two in the trunk and sprinkle a little under the rear tires... problem solved.