2007 Buick Crossover

buickguy

I am begging.  Please Buick stop all the truck and minivan foolishness and make this, or something like it:

Posted Image

[post="10058"][/post]

If the Centieme is built, they will come.

Seriously, how hot would that be for a Rendezvous replacement? Give it a standard 3.6L V6, 6A with the option of a V8.

I agree with CSpec. The Centieme's concept of a proper crossover with more sophisticated exterior styling and interior design should be the basis for the next Rendezvous, not the actual Centieme itself. Some of the cues made little or no sense, IMO, and alot of the detailing was very strained.

Posted Image

The Centieme was a very awkward design... I hope the real Lambda merely has Centieme influences.

[post="10108"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree with you there-the 1998 Signia station wagon concept is one of at least three concepts that trounced Centieme in styling and design.

I agree with Harley here, the Centieme and Velite one-two punch would compeltely revolutionize Buick. They are stunningly beautiful cars. In person, the Centieme's design is less awkward than it appears in photos. It is extremely elegant, powerful, and strong, while still being pretty to look at. It is right where Buick needs to be.

Again, I agree with turby (and Harley). Why these cars aren't on the road is beyond me. The money GM would make on these vehicles is well worth the money it would take developing them. Now GM seems poised to take calculated risks and it's about damn time it did.

C'mon man... tweak the grille and give it a Velite-ish look. Maybe slightly less exaggerate the lines of the car... shrink the wheels a tiny bit, and bam, instant best-seller.

I'm telling, with a 6A, 3.6, and a V8--that's it... this fucker would be HOT!!!

Oh, and I want CHROME grilles, not black with chrome surround.

[post="10402"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Chrome is fine for all but special editions or sport models, in which case, color-keyed or blacked-out grilles add a touch of distinctiveness. Think LeSabre Celebration or Regal GS.

Chrome is fine for all but special editions or sport models, in which case, color-keyed or blacked-out grilles add a touch of distinctiveness. Think LeSabre Celebration or Regal GS.

[post="10444"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Okay, you have a point there. I would like to see chrome grilles for all models except special editions/sports packages.

I mean GM/Olds was the first to offer chrome plated trim.  Chrome me baby.  I always equate Buick with the little flashes of light bouncing off it's trim.

[post="10468"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

One of my father's biggest beefs with new Buicks--where's the chrome?

.......that could be the new catch phrase, instead of 'where's the beef', .........'where's the chrome?"

[post="10495"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LOL It's true though... look at the Fusion--Hello... to me it's a lesser car than the Buick (only because I imagine Buicks to be above Ford)... but it has a nice chrome grille in the front. And the 500 is going to get restyled in the front to match... probably chrome.

The new Jetta--big chrome front.

It's looking nice--I say throw it in, it was out for the 90's but chrome is making a comeback!

I forgot to post my pictures of the Centieme:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wonder if they'll keep the 22 inch rims that were on the Centieme... hahahahahahaha.

And at least we know they won't put in the 400HP turbo engine (because there was a note in the centieme telling whoever drove it that it wasn't running right).

I think the Centieme's real nice and I'm excited with what AH-HA said.

It was at the Buick Club of America meet in Batavia New York just this summer. The Centieme was not the highlight- the Velite was there! But it was indoors and the pictures came out poorly because it was so damn dark. And of course there was a mountain of historic Buicks all around too including an 87 GNX with 400 miles on it and a 53 Skylark amongst many others- very awesome experience... I didn't get to sit in any of the vehicles, but my brother and I stuck out head through the open window of the Centieme and we even touched the Velite. The interior of the Centieme was gorgeous but any concept vehicles better have gorgeous interior. If they made it, I'd love it... but they better keep good on the rims and keep them at least 18 inches... you can't put dubs on a concept car and give the production version 15 or 16 inch rims. No.

• 1 month later...
Surprising news from the dealer preview in Vegas earlier in the week... the Centieme will launch next year as a 2007 model. You'll see it at the Detroit and Chicago auto shows. Looks very similar to the 2003 concept vehicle only larger, with a Velite style grill rather than the traditional oval of the concept. Seats 8, interior can truly go head to head with the Lexus RX 330. It's a stunning vehicle. Got a peak at the GMS Lambda (Acadia) as well. The Buick is far more distinctive.

Looks very similar to the 2003 concept vehicle only larger, with a Velite style grill rather than the traditional oval of the concept.

[post="31902"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:( I love the Centieme's grille... oval is much more distinctive, IMO.

Is the interior similar to the concept? Surely not as it was very concept-y. My best bet for the interior would be something similar to the Velite's?

[post="31970"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Interior is not quite as 1930's deco as the concept, but very elegant.

That would be the death of Buick.

[post="32132"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, SERIOUSLY! I love our Roadmaster, but good god, sticking on some tacky wood grain, etc., would just shoot all the hopes of success to hell. Tacky, way out of style, cheap, etc., etc.

Oh, and just plain EWWWW!

Regardless, the Centieme concept looked great and if everything "those in the know" are saying turns out true, it should be an AWESOME replacement for the half-assed, dorky Rendezvous.

Rendezvous was not halfassed.  Dorky-looking is subjective, but the product overall was very competent.  Lots of conquest buyers.

[post="32166"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The gauges in the Rendezvous are horrendous.. since the thing came out critics have complained they're hard to read when the sun shines on them. I hope the new one gets some nice clear gauges.

The gauges in the Rendezvous are horrendous..  since the thing came out critics have complained they're hard to read when the sun shines on them.  I hope the new one gets some nice clear gauges.

[post="32197"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've had no problem with those guages. Neither has my family. Rendezvous is one of our preferred rental vehicles.

Great news about the Buick Lambda getting pushed up as a 2007 model. I can't wait to see the production vehicle.

I agree that the Rendezvous wasn't half-assed. GM gave Buick full range on styling and encouraged innovation. Pontiac was given the same. Buick succeeded. Pontiac didn't. Just comparing the two results show how much room Buick was given to succeed/fail. Buick put a lot of effort into the Rendezvous and the result was very well received.

The Rendezvous w/3.6l V6 is a great vehicle....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image