Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buickguy

2007 Buick Crossover

58 posts in this topic

Any news on the replacement for the Rendezvous based on the Centieme concept? I know they have named the Saturn version the Outlook. I've read there are rumors Buick will get a version of the Cadillac SRX, but no details.

Won't all Lambdas be making an appearance at this year's auto show circuit?

I really hope we find out more about Buick's future at the auto shows this year. I'm banking its future on it.

Yeah, the first three Lambdas will be making their debuts. Evok hinted at a 4th one coming sometime, and I doubt it will be coming as soon as the others since we've heard very little about it (next to nothing).

I am begging.  Please Buick stop all the truck and minivan foolishness and make this, or something like it:

Posted Image

[post="10058"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If the Centieme is built, they will come.

Seriously, how hot would that be for a Rendezvous replacement? Give it a standard 3.6L V6, 6A with the option of a V8.

The Centieme was a very awkward design... I hope the real Lambda merely has Centieme influences.

I agree with CSpec. The Centieme's concept of a proper crossover with more sophisticated exterior styling and interior design should be the basis for the next Rendezvous, not the actual Centieme itself. Some of the cues made little or no sense, IMO, and alot of the detailing was very strained.

Posted Image

The Centieme and the Velite would revolutionize Buick's image. They are both stunningly beautiful....and Paulie, a V8 as an option would be icing on the Buick cake.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

The Centieme was a very awkward design... I hope the real Lambda merely has Centieme influences.

[post="10108"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree with you there-the 1998 Signia station wagon concept is one of at least three concepts that trounced Centieme in styling and design.

If you like Centieme and Velite, you'll like the Rendezvous replacement.  Centieme is a very accurate look at it, but it has changed a bit and is even better looking in my opinion.

[post="10123"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I just hope the back isnt akward, and I assume it has Velite-esque grille instead now.

Good news for me.

I agree with Harley here, the Centieme and Velite one-two punch would compeltely revolutionize Buick. They are stunningly beautiful cars. In person, the Centieme's design is less awkward than it appears in photos. It is extremely elegant, powerful, and strong, while still being pretty to look at. It is right where Buick needs to be.

Again, I agree with turby (and Harley). Why these cars aren't on the road is beyond me. The money GM would make on these vehicles is well worth the money it would take developing them. Now GM seems poised to take calculated risks and it's about damn time it did.

C'mon man... tweak the grille and give it a Velite-ish look. Maybe slightly less exaggerate the lines of the car... shrink the wheels a tiny bit, and bam, instant best-seller.

I'm telling, with a 6A, 3.6, and a V8--that's it... this fucker would be HOT!!!

Oh, and I want CHROME grilles, not black with chrome surround.

The Centieme wasn't horrible, but the sketch looks much better than the actual concept. If it got a Velite front end (or at least the grille) and a better greenhouse then it could be a looker.

[post="10402"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

YES YES YES!.......GM chrome those grilles for Buick.

[post="10402"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Chrome is fine for all but special editions or sport models, in which case, color-keyed or blacked-out grilles add a touch of distinctiveness. Think LeSabre Celebration or Regal GS.

Chrome is fine for all but special editions or sport models, in which case, color-keyed or blacked-out grilles add a touch of distinctiveness. Think LeSabre Celebration or Regal GS.

[post="10444"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Okay, you have a point there. I would like to see chrome grilles for all models except special editions/sports packages.

I mean GM/Olds was the first to offer chrome plated trim. Chrome me baby. I always equate Buick with the little flashes of light bouncing off it's trim.

I mean GM/Olds was the first to offer chrome plated trim.  Chrome me baby.  I always equate Buick with the little flashes of light bouncing off it's trim.

[post="10468"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

One of my father's biggest beefs with new Buicks--where's the chrome?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0