Variance

Spy Photos: 2008 Buick Enclave

39 posts in this topic

Paolino    99

Very cool!!!!!!! :)

pow    106

I have a feeling it'll look even nicer than the concept, once stripped of its grotesque copper paint, blingy wheels, and overused chrome.

Northstar    11

It looks excellent, and I'm glad to see that it looks like the V6 models will have nice-looking dual exhuasts.

Is it just me or does the grill look slightly bigger and bolder here?

Paolino    99

It looks excellent, and I'm glad to see that it looks like the V6 models will have nice-looking dual exhuasts.

Is it just me or does the grill look slightly bigger and bolder here?

I think it's just the angle.

jbartley    0

Looks to be a base model trim would'nt a more upclass trim have a sunroof and is the car silver or black?

Silver.

And the roof racks appear to lack chrome, so I'm gonna agree it must be base model.

Base model with Dual Exhaust is a good sign!

Newbiewar    1

I have a feeling it'll look even nicer than the concept, once stripped of its grotesque copper paint, blingy wheels, and overused chrome.

like lutz comented...

What you see is pretty much what you get, the only thing that wouldnt be in a production model would be the center isle/cosole thing... and the alumium door trim type stuff...

caddycruiser    50

I'm sorry, but ever since I saw the "concept" I thought one thing--"boy, Buick is sure sticking to their theme of moderately to REALLY awkward proportions".

Much better looking than the Rendezvous, but still gangly and awkward as all get out. Why, oh why, can't Buick ever get a vehicle that looks terrific from every angle, and not like it has a protruding fat gut or a big snoze?

Should be a terrific vehicle, granted, but still quite an oddly shaped one...

For every nice line, there seems to be a matching awkward one <_<

Same deal with the Lacrosse and Lucerne...great from some angles, but overweight and blobby from others.

Edited by caddycruiser

jbartley    0

I'm sorry, but ever since I saw the "concept" I thought one thing--"boy, Buick is sure sticking to their theme of moderately to REALLY awkward proportions".

Much better looking than the Rendezvous, but still gangly and awkward as all get out.  Why, oh why, can't Buick ever get a vehicle that looks terrific from every angle, and not like it has a protruding fat gut or a big snoze?

Should be a terrific vehicle, granted, but still quite an oddly shaped one...

For every nice line, there seems to be a matching awkward one <_<

Same deal with the Lacrosse and Lucerne...great from some angles, but overweight and blobby from others.

FYI you are DEF in the minority here....

Paolino    99

I do not care for the wheels.

And as for the roof rails not being chrome... well, I think they're camo'd as well... so maybe they are chrome and just covered with black tape?

caddycruiser    50

FYI you are DEF in the minority here....

I agree, but I'm just trying to figure out how so MANY people can't see how awkward this thing looks from a lot of different angles. Just take a look at a bunch of different pics, and you'd see what I mean.

Really does remind me of the Lacrosse, which is supposedly a bit awkward because they had to stretch and tuck it a bit to fit on the dinosaur W-body, and the Lucerne which just has that big, fat, bland face...

I really do want to like it, heck, I even like the dorky Rendezvous a lot, but it just looks melted and weird to me...

I agree, but I'm just trying to figure out how so MANY people can't see how awkward this thing looks from a lot of different angles.  Just take a look at a bunch of different pics, and you'd see what I mean.

Really does remind me of the Lacrosse, which is supposedly a bit awkward because they had to stretch and tuck it a bit to fit on the dinosaur W-body, and the Lucerne which just has that big, fat, bland face...

I really do want to like it, heck, I even like the dorky Rendezvous a lot, but it just looks melted and weird to me...

Well how I see it is that you already have a picture of what an SUV in your mind, so it looks different from your perception, hence awkward.

The Enclave is really a vehicle of its own kind and class. Sort of extending the idea of the Rendezvous, it has the space efficency of a Minivan, yet it drives and blends the look of an SUV.

regfootball    234

I agree, but I'm just trying to figure out how so MANY people can't see how awkward this thing looks from a lot of different angles.  Just take a look at a bunch of different pics, and you'd see what I mean.

I'm in full disagreement with you here in pretty much all you are saying. This could be the nicest looking SUV on the outside ever built.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this thing OOOOZES style

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.