A Long Time Coming...

i'm so glad we don't assassinate our "problems" :P

good, now we can totally leave afghanistan and iraq, our enemy is dead! now Al Qaeda will disintegrate, we have vanquished our enemy! /sarcasm

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

I'm glad he's dead, and that America is responsible for his death. That piece of sh*t lived 10 years too long.

you seen this video? it's the later part @ 3:30 , but watch the whole thing. (this link has been updated since i saw it the first time.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5lcF-_WEAc

(sounds kinda humanitarian?)

This whole mess isn't over...

... but when you take out the head of a terrorist organization, that deals a significant blow.

:unitedstates:

we called saddam's regime terroristic, no?

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Interesting dilemma.. I wonder what we do with the body. I realize that we have a lot of ideas of what we would LIKE to do with the body, and Bin Laden's family and cohorts are lucky we don't live in the time of the Romans or such, because we would do something non-PC.

But its not like he was a dictator of a foreign nation, where the body is their problem... and he was distant (supposedly) from his family. Do we put him in a file in the Smithsonian or a government warehouse... next to the Area 51 alien bodies, Fishbowl 1000 MPG carburator, the moon sets used to fake the Apollo landings and the magic JFK bullet?

Interesting dilemma.. I wonder what we do with the body. I realize that we have a lot of ideas of what we would LIKE to do with the body, and Bin Laden's family and cohorts are lucky we don't live in the time of the Romans or such, because we would do something non-PC.

But its not like he was a dictator of a foreign nation, where the body is their problem... and he was distant (supposedly) from his family. Do we put him in a file in the Smithsonian or a government warehouse... next to the Area 51 alien bodies, Fishbowl 1000 MPG carburator, the moon sets used to fake the Apollo landings and the magic JFK bullet?

Someone on CNN said burial at sea..

This is more symbolic than anything else. Al-Qaeda has become less of an organization, and more of a belief-set/ideology that has spawned countless imitators. I doubt the man has had any meaningful input into any operation or plot after 9/11, especially since his organization has become so decentralized. He may have been privy to plots, or given his blessing to them, though.

Now he's a martyr. It's ironic that a man who so fervently encouraged everyone else to be a martyr for his cause seemed so reluctant to be one himself.

i agree. makes us more of a satan, no?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Now he's a martyr. It's ironic that a man who so fervently encouraged everyone else to be a martyr for his cause seemed so reluctant to be one himself.

He has become a martyr, but it was an unfortunate side effect to our mission. We had no choice but to chase him down. At least his martyrdom is sullied by the fact he hid in caves for nearly ten years... just as Saddam is only a minor martyr at best because he was found hiding in a hole like a coward.

If there is any justice in this world, hopefully right about now he is getting to meet some NYPD/NYFD bruisers with some karma to administer.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Check this out, I'm pretty sure I found the complex based on the reports about the complex being about a mile and a half from the PMA (Pakistani Military Academy) complex and being much larger than any of the surrounding buildings, plus being right next to the hills.

Go to google maps, copy and paste this for location: 34.169815,73.264187

2.5km from the PMA, that's just ridiculous. Pakistani officials had to know he was hiding there.

And based on the video of the burning helicopter/complex, it sure looks like the same building to me (white, walls around the perimeter, even the little porch overhang sticking out but not extending all the way to the wall).

This is more symbolic than anything else. Al-Qaeda has become less of an organization, and more of a belief-set/ideology that has spawned countless imitators. I doubt the man has had any meaningful input into any operation or plot after 9/11, especially since his organization has become so decentralized. He may have been privy to plots, or given his blessing to them, though.

Osama was actually a student of Sayyid Qutb, a man who was reviving the teachings of fringe 18th century scholar Mohammed Al Wahab. It's Wahab's teachings about how women should wear burqas and be treated differently from men and Qutb's teachings that the middle east should cut itself off from the west that influence modern Muslim extremism, not merely Osama himself.

And just to cut off the the comments from the historically ignorant and socially inept anti religious bigots on the board, suicide bombing was developed by atheist Tamil Tigers and secular Lebanese Leftists in the 1980's: http://www.literaryreview.co.uk/gray_12_10.html

Burqas are outlawed in more Muslim countries than Muslim countries that require them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab_by_country#Muslim_world

Four of the top five countries with Muslim majorities have female heads of state: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_political_leaders_in_Islam_and_in_Muslim-majority_countries

And over 60% of Muslims are actually in Asia, not the middle east: http://pewforum.org/uploadedfiles/Topics/Demographics/Muslimpopulation.pdf

Just in case I haven't offended everyone yet, the Packers suck, Macs are over priced and atheists are just as capable of being wildly irrational as religious folks are of being rational.

There, now minus this post at will.

instead your research, sanity and reason get you four plusses...

Edited by Turbojett

He has become a martyr, but it was an unfortunate side effect to our mission. We had no choice but to chase him down. At least his martyrdom is sullied by the fact he hid in caves for nearly ten years... just as Saddam is only a minor martyr at best because he was found hiding in a hole like a coward.

If there is any justice in this world, hopefully right about now he is getting to meet some NYPD/NYFD bruisers with some karma to administer.

Except he didn't live in caves. The compound we got him in was built for him 5 years ago. The Pakistanis have some explaining to do.

• Agree 1

Ron Paul is very persuasive. Imagine if he had won in 2000. How would he have reacted to 9/11? Would he have had better foresight and been able to see it coming?

He probably would have heeded the multiple warnings that were handed to Bush.