Prices will be lower

LE - $22,500

SE - $23,000

XLE - $24,725

LE Hybrid - $25,900

XLE Hybrid - $

Will be pace-car for 2012 Daytona 500

2012 Camry Album

First we had the new Legacy looking more Toyota-like... and now the new Camry looking more Subaru-like. Among other influences. :confused0071:

I miss real creativity.

Autoblog reports that Toyota expects the vast majority of its sales to be repeat buyers. That's gonna be a problem since the other midsizers are conquering Camry sales as we speak.

Random interior thoughts...good cupholder size, though have to reach over the shifter to access them...good that the center stack controls are up high. The instrument pod has a late '80s-early '90s Honda/Acura feel..

Yawn. Looks pretty similar to the current one, which will appeal to current Camry buyers, but others will probably think the car looks a bit stale. Even the interior looks like a refreshed version of the old one. Same engines too. It is like they took the previous Camry, and told the engineers and designers to improve everything 10% and use no imagination in doing so. And this is the result.

• Agree 1

I think Chevrolet followed the wrong Asian carmaker when deciding to cut their V6 engine out of the Malibu. Shame GM follows ANYONE in the game.

But, it's like they say... every Corvette is red... every Camry is beige. The new Camry is like the new Civic... an uglier rehash of what came before. Talk about invisible...

I think Chevrolet followed the wrong Asian carmaker when deciding to cut their V6 engine out of the Malibu. Shame GM follows ANYONE in the game.

But, it's like they say... every Corvette is red... every Camry is beige. The new Camry is like the new Civic... an uglier rehash of what came before. Talk about invisible...

From a financial standpoint, it was probably a smart move. Chevy already sells many more 4-cylinder Malibus than V6es.

Someone answer me this: WHY DOES IT KEEP GETTING UGLIER? Why? People have to approve this. I don't understand it. It's ugly! And it'll be bought like crazy because it's a Camry!

Looks kind of like the Lexus HS250h, which is also an ugly car. But give credit to them for adding that rear arm rest.

I think Chevy followed the right Asian brand. Hyundai is the future, Toyota is the past. A front drive family can't really handle more than 260-270 hp, and the buyer of this car doesn't even want more than that. They care more about fuel economy, and Hyundai has it right, with a 4, turbo 4, and hybrid 4.

• Disagree 1

I think Chevy followed the right Asian brand. Hyundai is the future, Toyota is the past. A front drive family can't really handle more than 260-270 hp, and the buyer of this car doesn't even want more than that. They care more about fuel economy, and Hyundai has it right, with a 4, turbo 4, and hybrid 4.

You feel Chevy is following Hyundai? I don't. Hyundai's car lineup has some product variation. Outside of the Camaro and Corvette (which has not fit the Chevy portfolio for 40 years, and is more of a "GM product"), Chevy is microscopic appliance, small appliance, medium appliance, largish appliance. That's Toyota's modus operandi.

You feel Chevy is following Hyundai? I don't. Hyundai's car lineup has some product variation. Outside of the Camaro and Corvette (which has not fit the Chevy portfolio for 40 years, and is more of a "GM product"), Chevy is microscopic appliance, small appliance, medium appliance, largish appliance. That's Toyota's modus operandi.

Hyundai's appliances are just more 'boldly' styled than Toyota, still just a bunch of forgettable FWD generics..the Genesis and Equus are the wildcards and shouldn't be badged as Hyundais, really belong to a premium brand above Hyundai, IMO. But otherwise, they have Accent, Elantra, Sonata, and Alzera.

Chevy will soon have 5 sizes of appliance soon in NA....Spark, Sonic, Cruze, Malibu, and Impala. Ford will be one short (maybe bring the Ka eventually?). Dodge is definitely going a different path..

:roflmao: pace car, thats awesome. they'll have to do what pontiac did in 81 and throw a turbo on it so it can get out of the way.

A commenter on Autoblog had this to say about the Toyota pace car:

ironically the Toyota Camry is also the pace car of my drive to work.

When it's 60 mph, and I want to do 65 mph, low and behold there will likely be a Camry doing 55 mph in the passing lane.

• Agree 1

:roflmao: pace car, thats awesome. they'll have to do what pontiac did in 81 and throw a turbo on it so it can get out of the way.

When it's 60 mph, and I want to do 65 mph, low and behold there will likely be a Camry doing 55 mph in the passing lane.

LoL... my commute is 8 miles on 35 and 40 mph streets. Inevitably I seem to get stuck behind a Prius in the middle of 3 lanes going 35 in the 40 zone...

LoL... my commute is 8 miles on 35 and 40 mph streets. Inevitably I seem to get stuck behind a Prius in the middle of 3 lanes going 35 in the 40 zone...

Then pass him/her on the left lane, so that when there's a red light you end up at the same place anyway?

Then pass him/her on the left lane, so that when there's a red light you end up at the same place anyway?

Inevitably someone is in the left lane (often women in CUVs playing with their phone and not staying within the lane lines), and the right lane often has a bus or yard service pickup towing a trailer.. Sometimes, I get in the left lane when I initially turn onto this street and stay there until I eventually turn off..things have been fun the last 6 weeks or so with repaving going on...3 lanes narrowing to 2 or 1 lane. Then after they repaved, it took them 2 weeks to repaint the lane dividing stripes...made for much confusion and horn play.

Of course, being stuck behind a Prius has become passe now that the Leaf is here. :)

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar