ocnblu

SHOCKER: ocnblu goes green!

159 posts in this topic

I brought home my new Jeep tonight. Details coming soon.

Edited by ocnblu

Yes. Good car, just not for me. Wanted to get back into a 4X4, researched small crossovers, found the attributes I wanted in the Patriot.

Perhaps. But I'm always more content in a 4X4 than any of my cars. Kumbaya.

Ha. It was about time. Jeep...interesting.

If you think ocnblu has ADD, just wait until the 2013 (2014?) Chevrolet Colorado comes along.... :P

Oh, and btw, congrats on the Jeep purchase!

Thanks folks. I will add it to the garage as soon as I can pose it for pictures.

WHOA... just thinking this morning. My new Jeep ® has one of the most diverse backgrounds of any vehicle on the road. It's got a little bit of all of these flavors wrapped up in a sweet little American dish:

Willys

Kaiser

AMC

Renault

Chrysler

Mitsubishi

Diamler

Anyone else in its ancestry? Italians just married in, but haven't been around long enough to add their own spices to the plate.

WHOA... just thinking this morning. My new Jeep ® has one of the most diverse backgrounds of any vehicle on the road. It's got a little bit of all of these flavors wrapped up in a sweet little American dish:

Willys

Kaiser

AMC

Renault

Chrysler

Mitsubishi

Diamler

Anyone else in its ancestry? Italians just married in, but haven't been around long enough to add their own spices to the plate.

Hyundai, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Engine_Manufacturing_Alliance

Here are some photos taken today. Sasquatch took the first one. He emailed it to me. He said he likes it:

100_0374.jpg

100_0363.jpg

100_0364.jpg

100_0367.jpg

100_0368.jpg

100_0370.jpg

100_0372.jpg

100_0373.jpg

Edited by ocnblu

Looking good...like that green...would like to see a Challenger or Charger in that color..

Saw this one coming a mile away...

Congrats Ocn, hope you enjoy it.

Agreed...

Thanks everybody. I'm thinkin' it's pretty snazzy. Can't add it to the C&G garage, model year only goes up to 2011.

Very nice, congrats! The black cladding makes a world of difference... it looks more truck-like now.

Thanks everybody. I'm thinkin' it's pretty snazzy. Can't add it to the C&G garage, model year only goes up to 2011.

It's a shame you don't know who to email about that.....

Willys, Kaiser, AMC, Renault, Chrysler, Mitsubishi, Diamler

If you're going for every drop of lineage blood, you'd have to include Rambler, Frazer, Hudson, Nash, Knight, Overland, and one of the grandaddies of 4x4s, Jeffery.

Cool on the family tree info. I did forget about the other members of AMC, and other companies who built the original military vehicle that became the Jeep. Thanks for the comments.

I'll check the C&G Garage shortly.

Greeny. I like. CVT or geared?