Bye Bye Blazer...

I'll let the pics do the talking....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah... My mom wrecked the Blazer this morning. Don't worry... she walked away and is okay for the most part. Thank god. Anyways, it was foggy and the roads were wet... some deer were on the road, she hit the brakes and tried to avoid hitting them. She swerved off the road, hitting a bank and a huge rock. It flew through the air, flipped over, and landed on its roof. It then slid for about 20 feet. It looks totaled to me.

Here's where she wrecked:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894

Hole-eee $h!, man!

Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ in a Chevrolet, dude. That was unexpected, espescially the interior shot.

Glad someone could walk away from that.

Sorry Vipes, not so fast. In my professional opinion, that'll buff right out. :thumbsup:

Glad your mom's ok! Flipping a vehicle over is no fun, I know.

Now she can pick out something different, and hopefully, less trouble-prone.

Edited by ocnblu

Holy hell...glad she's OK. Looks like she got covered in mud.

Yeah... she did. As did her leather coat. Probably ruined... not just from the mud, from the glass, rocks, and $h! like that too.

Wow! That's one hell of a wreck, glad your Mom's ok. I bet it shook her up pretty good.

It also looks like there are worse vehicles than a Blazer to roll. The passenger compartment did its job very well.

I don't know about that... I know how I fit in the Blazer and let me tell you... my head would have been full of roof and windshield... it's worse in person than it looks in pics. Well... unless you were talking about the rear passengers...? :P

Sorry Vipes, not so fast.  In my professional opinion, that'll buff right out. :thumbsup:

Glad your mom's ok!  Flipping a vehicle over is no fun, I know.

Now she can pick out something different, and hopefully, less trouble-prone.

Yeah... hopefully. That is the one good thing about her wrecking it. We'll get rid of the POS and get something alot (literally) better. Well... hopefully, anyways.

Anyways, guys... you want to know the most ironic part about her walking away practically unscathed? She wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Amazing, if you ask me... I can't believe how she lucked out.

But thanks for the kind comments. Though she can annoy, I still love her and wouldn't want to see her get hurt. The feeling I had when I had heard the news that she flipped the Blazer... was not at all a pleasant one. I didn't want to believe it being that the Blazer is unsafe, she never wears a seatbelt, and she drives like a maniac... I could only expect the worst upon hearing that. I'm so glad she isn't hurt.

I'm glad you're mom is alright Vipe, she was very lucky, especially without a belt on.

You know I must say I have more respect for older cars as of late. The other day my friend's Cavalier got rear-ended by a Mercury Villager. That van's front end got totaled and had fluid leaking out of it. His car has a slightly loose, but not bent bumper and the tailpipe is a little squished, but from a distance you can't tell it got hit. And a month or so ago my SHadow got T-Boned by a big Ol' Oldsmobile. I was able to drive away, he wasn't...all I need to do is replace teh fender, or maybe I can even get the dent out after getting it off. Is that hard to reshape it?

But anyway, too bad about the Blazer, you could fix it though! :P Hope your replacement is nice (maybe an Outlook?) ^_^

Holy cow, BV! Quite an episode of an accident, eh?

Glad to know your Mom is OK ... can hardly believe she came out of that unscathed. But, stranger things have happened ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

radio show, 8p-11p central, April 14-21-28, wrmn1410.com

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I ain't ready for the junkyard yet" ... George Jones ... 'I Don't Need Your Rocking Chair'

Was that apple pie she was carrying, or chocolate pie?

I'll bet she's stiff and sore today, but that's better than being in a full body cast, stuck in a hospital bed in traction. Tell her to fasten her damned seatbelt!

:o

I'm glad to hear she's okay. That must have been so frightening for her!

So, when is it not considered insensitive to discuss replacements? :AH-HA_wink:

Wow, that's a pretty gruesome beating the Blazer took, but it gave its life for your mom. I'm glad she's OK.

*whispers to BV* Torrent

As far as replacements go... it won't be a new vehicle. We'll barely be able to afford a used one. We still owe alot on the Blazer... about what it's worth and what our insurance would probably give us. We are pretty much screwed... always were, really. The only positive thing I can say is that my grandpa is willing to help out a little bit if he needs to. Either way... it's not looking pretty.

that bites, sorry, glad your moms okay! those there deer are retarded one ran into us before, it hit the side of our truck and limped away, and one ran out into the road and totaled the front of our Buick. Hehe.

Alright, a tiny and most likely worthless update. We're looking at POS's. Yep... and not "we", "them". They won't let me have a say in what they get. If they get another POS, it's their fault they can't let me find them a good car. Just an FYI if you think I'm exaggerating... they're looking at a few Cavaliers and some Grand Ams like mine.... Yeah. :P

Our limit looks to be around $4k or $5k. Doesn't that suck? They won't consider payments either. I swear... they're going to get screwed with another POS. What they need to do is get a decent car... pay with monthly payments (they couldn't be that much for a nice car around $10k or less, can they? A new Cobalt is about $199/mo). Go with something that won't fall apart on us like the Blazer literally did and something that will be good on gas (not a Metro, obviously, but again, not like a Blazer with it's gas sucking V6).

Personally, I'd like to see them get a nice Impreza, Prelude, Civic (hey... find me a better compact made in the 90s), or even an Accord or something like that. Actually, although I don't want them to get a Toyota, a last gen Solara is pretty nice for a Toyota. A newer Grand Am wouldn't be all that bad either... our old '00 SE was basically trouble-free (except for the damn brakes and after she wrecked it, it developed problems). Hell, most anything that's atleast only a few years old would be alright with low mileage and such. Obviously avoiding Blazers, I mean. :D

But that's just me...

Those $199/month deals are on very base cars for people with great credit.  If their credit is anything less than perfect those lease payments go up, not to mention the usual large sum of money due at signing.

I know about the credit... Anyways, according to the ad... it's 0 down, $199 month for a Cobalt LS.

For 4-5K, you could get a decent used car. A 99-00 Grand Am is defiitely within your reach, and so is the non-supercharged GP. Also, check into an Alero or Intrigue. Resale is terrible on those, so you could get a reallly nice one for cheap.

I'm not saying a word. I'll just let trinacriabob see this and "school" you a bit. :P:D

I thought you were about to say you did that. Like I always said

the S10 platform gets a lot of ridicule but it's not that bad. My

1991 Blazer was a fantastic truck that met and exceeded every

expectation I had for it. So long as your mom is okay it's good

news I suppose. Take the bank check from insurance and get

your mom to get a G6 or Cobalt. :)

BTW, I see your next car in the background of the first photo. Ooooh yea that sky blue VW.

Hey, it's the new Beetles that suck, the old shcool BUgf was quite

a car. Air cooled, pancake four, spartan yet comftortable

(relatively) while being the only true no excuses WORLD car that

ever existed. I'd love to have a 50s or 60s Beetle someday... but

right now I have to concentrate on the tracking down a '59 Buick.

EDIT:

read page two.... how about an ex-rental Cobalt or G6.

Decent compromise, new-er car but you let Enterprise

take the masive hit in depreciation. Just a thouhgt.

EDIT:

read page two.... how about an ex-rental Cobalt or G6.

Decent compromise, new-er car but you let Enterprise

take the masive hit in depreciation. Just a thouhgt.

Nah... they're absolute maximum is $5k and they want no payments what-so-ever. Here's the thing... we're only getting a $1300 check for the Blazer. The rest is going to pay it off. Then, my Grandpa is going to help us out a bit. I just found out one of the reasons why they don't want payments... You see, my mom is planning on quiting her job. She hates it and she doesn't make much. So for a little while, only my dad will be bringing in money, which isn't all that much either but much more than she does. It's tricky, let me tell you. I searched for some cars tonight... most of them where around $6k or $7k... they looked at me like I was insane (which I am, but that's a mute point). If you want to know.. I found some really nice 5th gen Preludes.