Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

My latest purchase... THIS is EXCITEMENT!

FUTURE_OF_GM

FLAT OUT GORGEOUS. You are going to get people just randomly spreading their legs for you over this, ya know.

And the fact it has a nice flat deck with no foolish appendages makes it all the more sexy...

Edited by ocnblu

I am jealous. Now that I think about it, the last time I had a V8 powered car was back in 1989. :(

You can pick up REAL nice GTOs for pretty cheap now. I've wanted one for quite a while and finally talked myself into it

FLAT OUT GORGEOUS. You are going to get people just randomly spreading their legs for you over this, ya know.

Thank you, sir! And, LOL Idunno about all that. Steph's a pretty chill fiance, but I'm almost positive she would not appreciate random legs spreading.... :P

][/b]And the fact it has a nice flat deck with no foolish appendages makes it all the more sexy...

Ha! Carrying this over from Facebook now? LOL If it makes you feel any better, I probably will not 'whale tail' it at this point.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Was there a spoiler delete option, or did a prior owner remove it? I do like it better without here.

Every GTO I see seems to be impeccably well kept - they erally seem to be treasured by their owners.

Congrats on a beaut in the true vein of Pontiac's heritage!

No delete option - but very popular mod with GTO owners (for good reason IMO).

These cars are so well-loved it's almost pathological, and I'd have another in a heartbeat.

GM really wasted alot of goodwill this car and the G8 and Solstice built up.

Killing Pontiac was such a bad idea.

• Agree 2

If killing Pontiac was such a bad idea, what would take its place on the chopping block? By the time the Sky, GTO and G8 were released, Pontiac was little more than a slightly altered Chevy clone. If Pontiac were just Sky, GTO and G8, that would make a real difference and nobody would have killed the brand at all. Remember, boring FWD sedans that drove like Chevys ultimately sealed Pontiac's fate.

Every GTO I see seems to be impeccably well kept - they erally seem to be treasured by their owners.

That's very true. I looked at cars well over the 100K mark and they all, for the most part, were immaculate. The key is finding a good price. The market isn't sure whether to price these things as simply used cars or specialty/niche cars.

I really worried about buying a modded car, but honestly, the best deals in the GTO market are person to person transactions.

I 'went all out' with this car because I wanted a daily driver that was at the level I'm happy with so that I could funnel 'mod money' into my Camaros. However this car, being a weekend only ride for its previous owner, is almost so nice it's scaring me into wanting to keep the Mustang as a beater. We'll see, I guess....

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Killer.

The next gen Commodore platform was even better...but the GTO/Monaro is a beast. Upgrade the suspension to cure weaknesses, and even with a stock powertrain, it's killer.

Vroom.

This car has both suspension and engine upgrades. 380 to the rear wheels. :)

Perfecto. If things like bushings and otherwise (a weak spot) have been swapped, along with clean power mods... :thumbsup:

Reminds me...

One of the most unique combos was the 1st model year 2004 Cosmos Purple with purple leather. Totally unique and not for everyone. I think there is still one in southern Delaware near my parents, I used to see all the time, from right after they went on sale. Unique and then some.

Used to love seeing these when I would take my G8 to Rocksand Racing in Bethlehem, PA for Pedders suspension, where the owners had one of the fastest time GTO's to exist. Bought it stock when he was a manager for the dealer, drove it gently to break it in...then turned it into an all out, drop down, best drag car. Was that stealth gray/greenish color.

Reminds me...

One of the most unique combos was the 1st model year 2004 Cosmos Purple with purple leather. Totally unique and not for everyone. I think there is still one in southern Delaware near my parents, I used to see all the time, from right after they went on sale. Unique and then some.

I stumbled upon one Cosmos car during my shopping. Pretty cool and very rare. Not really my style, as I had settled on Phantom black, Brazen Orange, Quicksilver or *maybe* Indigo Blue.

Used to love seeing these when I would take my G8 to Rocksand Racing in Bethlehem, PA for Pedders suspension, where the owners had one of the fastest time GTO's to exist. Bought it stock when he was a manager for the dealer, drove it gently to break it in...then turned it into an all out, drop down, best drag car. Was that stealth gray/greenish color.

I think that color is called Slate Blue Metallic.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM