Seriously ugly-@ssed vehicles

NeonLX

Keep in mind that my tastes in automotive styling are a bit off-center...I mean, I *liked* the looks of the AMC Pacer for cryin' out loud...but I saw two different vehicles yesterday that struck me as heinously ugly. The first was a current model Nissan Quest. OMG, what a disjointed mishmash of disjointed stylistic crap!

The other was a BMW X6. I generally like fastbacks (even on the Honda Crosstour), but the X6 version just looks like excrement to me.

Sorry for the crabby old guy bitching session.

med_gallery_10485_459_79074.png

post-51-0-50578400-1357247888_thumb.jpg

Honda Crosstourer and Nissan Juke, both win the butt ugly award from me.

Worst yet is that people buying these auto's seem to NOT be able to know where their corners are as the auto's I have seen around Seattle have scuffs all over the corners. Clearly idiots that cannot drive.

med_gallery_10485_413_102000.png

• Agree 1

Nissan and Infiniti models are designed based on faces made by Carlos Ghosn when he is taking a dump.

I think you need to move that to the rated R section and up the crudeness a bit sir.

Please do not besmirch the fine reputation of feces by comparing it to a Nissan automobile.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

How about the new civic...it's god awful as far as I am concerned.

Hyundai sonata isn't bad, but the rest of the lineup is pretty much a toad no princess will ever kiss and make into a prince.

Vitamin%20C.png

Edited by A Horse With No Name

My entry would be the Nissan Juke. I can't believe that (1) Nissan built the damn thing, and (2) there are people that are spending their hard-earned cash on the damned thing! Really people?

med_gallery_10485_300_333041.png

That's because A.) its different, and I commend them for taking the risk even though I personally don't like it, and B.) is actually a good car. The Juke R is pretty awesome though, I can't believe they got it green-lighted for production.

Ugly can be also in the details of the vehicle. Scion vehicles often are repaired with duct tape....as many of the exterior panels are cheap plastic, and the fasteners pretty much belong on a Ply skool car.

Went to do a service call at a VERY high end residence tonight, we usually don't do residential calss...but that's beside the point....

Guy is a dentist, wife is a high end corporate lawyer....their kid has a two year old Scion TC...with Duct tape holding pieces on the car...

Really was classy addition to one of the best neighborhoods in town.

I think that Camino's choice is certainly a high contender for the number 1 spot, but going back a few years this represents a serious mistake and one that would pretty much ruin it's name. The sad thing is my grandfather bought one of these new in '96 and I inherited it after his death in 2002. It was well maintained and always dealer serviced and yet needed a new transmission at around 45K miles. Mind you, the transmission had begun to show signs of trouble some 10-15k miles before it finally was replaced. The 3rd gen Taurus truly was an ugly POS.

030_ford_taurus_.jpg

Edited by Delta Force79

Some day, when you're in a real good mood, walk up next to a new Quest and carefully study its design in meticulous detail.

I did that a few days ago and I'm still in recovery.

I should add that most new cars turn me off--for whatever reason, almost all of the design cues seem to be grossly exaggerated and garish. This was kind of fun in the late 1950s, but now, it's rather revolting.*

-------------------------

*I'm sure there were plenty of old codgers back in the late 1950s who lamented the gaudy styling of the new cars back then.

Edited by NeonLX

but aztek isn't really current anymore.

The Aztek wins, everyone else is playing for 2nd place.

We should keep this to current vehicles that can still be purchased. No sense in beating a dead horse (i.e. Aztek), as that one has made the rounds many times over.

I have the (dis)pleasure of seeing a Nissan Joke (oops, I mean Juke) every day in my employer's parking lot. SomeONE person bought it; there are no others in a parking lot that easily has a thousand cars in it :P

My entry would be the Nissan Juke. I can't believe that (1) Nissan built the damn thing, and (2) there are people that are spending their hard-earned cash on the damned thing! Really people?

med_gallery_10485_300_333041.png

That's because A.) its different, and I commend them for taking the risk even though I personally don't like it, and B.) is actually a good car. The Juke R is pretty awesome though, I can't believe they got it green-lighted for production.

Wait, so Nissan gets a pass from you for taking a risk with the Juke but you berate Pontiac for doing the same with the Aztek???

Pontiac was ahead of its time with the Aztek, and once they moved the bumpers from grey tupperware to body color, the look improved substantially.

Improved, I suppose. But it remained terminally ugly.

So will the vehicles discussed here.

MMMMMMMMMMMM brownies!

whoa whole lost post

to rewrite,

the ZDX is not bad looking really, it's just overpriced by a large margin. THe ZDX should have been the crosstour.

Nissan styling is consistently bad, but it doesn't seem to matter. It's like toyota shoppers who don't want a toyota think the nissan styling is high design.

Saw and sat in a new 14 Mazda6 yesterday. Definitely NOT ugly.

Edited by regfootball

I don't know why, but the newest rendition of the Quest infuriates me. It makes me grind my teeth everytime I see one coming down the highway.

Even the quirky previous generation didn't set me off like the current one does.

I really liked the first two generations of the Quest/Villager, though I still preferred the SWB Caravan/Voyager.

I agree the Quest and Juke are at the tops for butt ugly. But then you also have the complete line of Nissan, Infinity, Lexus and Toyota that are just ugly, then bland comes from Honda.

well there is a substantial difference in size.

Yes, and no resemblance in the design...the Aztek is all flat planes and sharp angles, while the Juke has a lot of curves...

Butt Ugly Curves