Random Thoughts Thread

Rode through my local Chevy dealer yesterday, sawr some folks in a black Crosstrek taking a ride in a black Bolt Premiere.  Not sure if they liked it, it was still there today.  They also have a blue LT.  They had four a few weeks back, now down to those two.

Then I went to the Ford lot to look at the beercan F-150s.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/11/2017 at 12:32 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

Today is not my day.

I went to do a seafoam treatment on the CR-V because I'm planning on replacing the spark plugs (it's time) and the O2 sensor (have a CEL).

Pull the hood release and the hood pops open, but also the release handle breaks in my hand.  Okay, it's old and the plastic is brittle, I'll order a new one.

Get the seafoam tube setup and ready to go, call albert out to help so he can keep his foot on the gas while I empty the can.  Car won't start.

Battery seems to be toast.  It sat hooked up to the running Buick for 15 minutes and still won't start. Put it on the charger for another 30 minutes and it just barely cranks.  (This will be my third battery this year, one for each vehicle)

While I was waiting for it on the charger, I started to pull the panel off to get to the hood release cable.... the plastic tabs holding the trim panel on broke.

Efff it... I'm going to play video games the rest of the day. 

FML....

Went and got a new battery, the one that was in there was 7 years old, it had a good life, not mad about that.

I got home, put the new battery in, went to start it and... almost nothing. After some investigating, the ground wire to the engine block corroded and snapped off at the engine block in an extremely inconvenient place.  So $50 later, a new one is on the way but won't be here till Friday.   Apparently they are made out of a rare tree that only grows on a certain mountainside in Japan because there are none at the Honda dealerships near me. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

FML....

Went and got a new battery, the one that was in there was 7 years old, it had a good life, not mad about that.

I got home, put the new battery in, went to start it and... almost nothing. After some investigating, the ground wire to the engine block corroded and snapped off at the engine block in an extremely inconvenient place.  So $50 later, a new one is on the way but won't be here till Friday.   Apparently they are made out of a rare tree that only grows on a certain mountainside in Japan because there are none at the Honda dealerships near me. 

Hear you there...been hunting some parts for the wife's old 2003 Cavalier....while I realize there are still quite a few of these on the roads, have yet to find a junkyard one with useable parts for replacement.....

• Agree 1

Catholic Morning Coffee......

Four old Catholic men and a Catholic woman were having coffee in St. Peters Square.

The first Catholic man tells his friends, "My son is a priest, when he walks into a room, everyone calls him 'Father'."

The second Catholic man chirps, "My son is a Bishop. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Grace'."

The third Catholic gent says, "My son is a Cardinal. When he enters a room everyone bows their head and says 'Your Eminence

The fourth Catholic man says very proudly, "My son is the Pope. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Holiness'."

Since the lone Catholic woman was sipping her coffee in silence,

The four men give her a subtle, "Well....?"

She proudly replies, I have a daughter,

SLIM & TALL, 40 D BUST, 24" WAIST and 34" HIPS!

When she walks into a room, people say, 'JESUS!'

• Haha 2

In the basement parking garage that appears to be an executive garage definitely had some cooler stuffs today. P100D next to the charger I photographed the other day all black and cleaned up. A second “poor person’s Tesla” (LOL) 75, and I missed taking a picture because I was giving somebody directions but I saw an S550 Mercedes looking beautiful as well. 

Oh, and I would easily drive this lame GLA over a Yaris. 

92D7F962-5BC2-4FC9-92D3-01C945722231.jpeg

3A4C67E5-E9CD-4DB2-A96B-01E06ED2E873.jpeg

49FA3078-E0EE-47DC-8165-B2E194A75773.jpeg

C2251395-7B54-4D8A-B52A-B7DFA3BDE623.jpeg

92293419-A1C7-4BA4-B4EC-3B9A415EC44E.jpeg

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3441757d8839e618imageproxy.php?img=&key=3441757d8839e618In the basement parking garage that appears to be an executive garage definitely had some cooler stuffs today. P100D next to the charger I photographed the other day all black and cleaned up. A second “poor person’s Tesla” (LOL) 75, and I missed taking a picture because I was giving somebody directions but I saw an S550 Mercedes looking beautiful as well. 

Oh, and I would easily drive this lame GLA over a Yaris. 

92D7F962-5BC2-4FC9-92D3-01C945722231.jpeg

3A4C67E5-E9CD-4DB2-A96B-01E06ED2E873.jpeg

49FA3078-E0EE-47DC-8165-B2E194A75773.jpeg

C2251395-7B54-4D8A-B52A-B7DFA3BDE623.jpeg

92293419-A1C7-4BA4-B4EC-3B9A415EC44E.jpeg

So Lot's of money, yet little brains or ability to park properly, squarely in a parking spot. They seem to park all over the place especially crossing over lines. Pathetic,

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

When did you own it?

And why in the hell didnt you keep it???!!!

He never owns cars long enough to hear more than about a dozen songs on the radio...Corvair was longer ownership than most because it was AM only radio.

On 11/12/2017 at 6:18 PM, ocnblu said:

Rode through my local Chevy dealer yesterday, sawr some folks in a black Crosstrek taking a ride in a black Bolt Premiere.  Not sure if they liked it, it was still there today.  They also have a blue LT.  They had four a few weeks back, now down to those two.

Then I went to the Ford lot to look at the beercan F-150s.

It's Miller time apparently.

Thought of you today...learned about a local mechanic killed working on a hybrid when he didn't take proper precautions.

• Haha 1

Tesla truck testing, pretty amazing, once you hear the release of what I believe is air brakes, this loaded truck just gets up and goes. Gotta say, it will be nice when the Diesel Trucks move to EV Trucks as the lack of noise and the speed at which they can move the weight will be a big bonus on the highway and in the cities.

Suspect that big silver box on the back is a battery pack.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Tesla truck testing, pretty amazing, once you hear the release of what I believe is air brakes, this loaded truck just gets up and goes. Gotta say, it will be nice when the Diesel Trucks move to EV Trucks as the lack of noise and the speed at which they can move the weight will be a big bonus on the highway and in the cities.

Suspect that big silver box on the back is a battery pack.

The big RED box is the battery pack, to ensure a 50 mile driving range.

23 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

He never owns cars long enough to hear more than about a dozen songs on the radio...Corvair was longer ownership than most because it was AM only radio.

It's Miller time apparently.

Thought of you today...learned about a local mechanic killed working on a hybrid when he didn't take proper precautions.

Well thanks, it's always nice to be wished dead.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ocnblu said:

Such fears you have about the future. It is amazing you ever came out of the womb. :P 

After all the world is a scary place with people like me always wanting to change things. :D 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Such fears you have about the future. It is amazing you ever came out of the womb. :P 

After all the world is a scary place with people like me always wanting to change things. :D 

SRSLY... why would anyone want BROWN dash trim on their Bolt?  Preposterous!

Edited by ocnblu
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ocnblu said:

SRSLY... why would anyone want BROWN dash trim on their Bolt?  Preposterous!

Chevy has sold 10's of thousands of their brown interior with dash trim. So I guess I am not the only one that likes the warm Mocha vibe it gives. :P 

• Agree 2

Didja ever see the weird interiors on a Prius?  GLOSS WHITE giant chunks of dash and center console trim.  At least the Bolt has a lower gloss white trim with a pattern on it.  I am still mad that you won't at least try to go green and get one.  That Trailblazer SS is destroying our planet.  It disgusts me!  Aren't you ashamed to be part of the problemo?  :roflmao:

Was trying to be sarcastic but kept laffin.  Sry.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Chevy has sold 10's of thousands of their brown interior with dash trim. So I guess I am not the only one that likes the warm Mocha vibe it gives. :P 

In a world of boring, predictable despair gray interiors, brown is such a tasty choice...brown is the color of coffee..the color of chocolate..  Even better when in a two tone.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Well thanks, it's always nice to be wished dead.

I thought you would comment on the electric car thing...I do not wish you dead...

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I can't fault Blu too much for hating electric cars.  You love what you love and hate what you hate.  I buy my daughter dinner every time she writes off a Ford motor company product.  She is writing off an F150 in the morning and we are taking my oldest son with us for Mexican food later this week.

If the estimate comes back high on the Mustang she just got a claim on we are doing seafood this weekend.

I gave her a ration of crap for writing off a 2016 Silverado and a 2017 Cruze...so she offered to buy me a couple of meals since I had bought her so many.

We may be going Dutch to celebrate the demise of a Honda Accord...bad drivers are helping my relationship with my daughter but hurting my diet.

2 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

.  MMMmmmmmm! Brown!

Gotta love those 70's man. Can you dig it? :yuck:

Brown phoquing leisure suits and all!

enhanced-buzz-4657-1367969385-29.jpg?dow

image.png

dd380f43ad7196398d2701061bd7773b.jpg

6ca39426200c5d107a4312bbf78470f4.jpg

011.jpg

But in an interior....brown really aint that bad...to tell you the truth...

73204-500-0.jpg?rev=1

1973-1975-Pontiac-Grand-Am-03.jpg

1978-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-special-e

I CAN dig it!

Love the seventies Firebird thing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Didja ever see the weird interiors on a Prius?  GLOSS WHITE giant chunks of dash and center console trim.  At least the Bolt has a lower gloss white trim with a pattern on it.  I am still mad that you won't at least try to go green and get one.  That Trailblazer SS is destroying our planet.  It disgusts me!  Aren't you ashamed to be part of the problemo?  :roflmao:

Was trying to be sarcastic but kept laffin.  Sry.

The Trailblazer SS is an awesome piece of Iron!

I have a friend in the Prius community...the white interior trim pieces are despised...called Jedi bed pans IIRC.

• Haha 2

So many of the tan interiors on today's cars are too light.  I prefer a nice, rich saddle brown.  And vinyl would be so much easier to keep clean than cloth.  The grayish tan cloth of some vehicles is fine, as in the GMC Canyon and Ford F-150, it makes them look pre-dirty so they stay nice longer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

.  MMMmmmmmm! Brown!

Gotta love those 70's man. Can you dig it? :yuck:

Brown phoquing leisure suits and all!

enhanced-buzz-4657-1367969385-29.jpg?dow

image.png

Leisure Suit Larry was one of the Greatest games made in the early 90's. That game Rocked! :metal: 

leisure-suit-larry.jpg

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

So many of the tan interiors on today's cars are too light.  I prefer a nice, rich saddle brown.  And vinyl would be so much easier to keep clean than cloth.  The grayish tan cloth of some vehicles is fine, as in the GMC Canyon and Ford F-150, it makes them look pre-dirty so they stay nice longer.

The 2018 Kona Brown Interior on the Escalade just Rocks! :metal:

Escalade-ESV-KONA-BROWN-Interior-Leather-GIF.gif

• Agree 3

Just now, oldshurst442 said:

Never played it.

I was more of a karategi suit Johnny Cage video game guy.

Loved that game too, The Leasure suit Larry game sent my parents through the roof due to the nature of the game. All about the conquest baby! :metal: LOL

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Due to Europe loving the station wagon or shooting brake as they call it, a company there is working with Tesla to convert the Tesla S into a Shooting Brake. First one will be done next month according to a story at another site.

https://electrek.co/2017/11/14/tesla-model-s-wagon-shooting-brake-in-progress/#more-56000

Very interesting, I have to say I actually like the Shooting Brake look as a superior look for the Tesla.

Tesla-Shooting-Brake-Concept.jpg

I can see more people getting into EV modifications due to the ease of the platform design compared to ICE auto's.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, dfelt said:

So Lot's of money, yet little brains or ability to park properly, squarely in a parking spot. They seem to park all over the place especially crossing over lines. Pathetic,

Yes. Well, I'm actually not 100% sure if that's the drivers' fault because they do offer a car wash/cleaning service so I'm not sure if its the owner that parks like a jackass or the crew taking care of the cars.. 

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

When you wish upon a star, you're actually a few million years late. The star is dead, just like your dreams.

I dont know why. But IMMEDIATELY after reading your post...I laughed...but also...this song rushed into my thoughts. (No..not the Disney when you wish upon a star song....although that too is in my brain now!) 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Like 2

At a wedding ceremony, the pastor asked if anyone had anything to say concerning the union of the bride and groom. It was their time to stand up and talk, or forever hold their peace. The moment of utter silence was broken by a young beautiful woman carrying a child. She started walking toward the pastor slowly.

Everything quickly turned to chaos.The bride slapped the groom.
The groom's mother fainted.
The groomsmen started giving each other looks and wondering how best to help save the situation.

The pastor asked the woman, "Can you tell us why you came forward? What do you have to say?"
The woman replied, "We can't hear in the back."

• Haha 1

Very cool history of Japan building in the US with pictures showing models that were sold here but I never have seen. All started in 1958, Toyota's first product was a dud.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/made-in-america-japanese-car-making-in-the-usa/ss-BBEJHfp?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

First snow of the season...just light flurries, but starting to stick...after heavy rain yesterday and last night.

IMG-3755.JPG

Exactly the same here.

41 minutes ago, balthazar said:

^ Ugh.

I second that emotion.

Although I am very in a XMAS spirit this year. And I welcome the snow...fyet I still feel...ugh about it!

41 minutes ago, balthazar said:

V One of my past fleet :

65 Bonne.jpg

Nice Bonneville!

Edited by oldshurst442