Tesla offers free towing for up to 500 miles in N.A.

February 24, 2016 - 10:41 am ET
(Reuters) -- Tesla Motors Inc. said it would tow its customers' cars for up to 500 miles to its nearest service center in North America for free.

The company's service policy previously covered towing costs for up to 50 miles for cars under warranty

http://www.autonews.com/article/20160224/OEM05/160229927/tesla-offers-free-towing-for-up-to-500-miles-in-n-a

What exactly does that say about the quality of the car? IMO.. it says plenty. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

February 24, 2016 - 10:41 am ET
(Reuters) -- Tesla Motors Inc. said it would tow its customers' cars for up to 500 miles to its nearest service center in North America for free.

The company's service policy previously covered towing costs for up to 50 miles for cars under warranty

http://www.autonews.com/article/20160224/OEM05/160229927/tesla-offers-free-towing-for-up-to-500-miles-in-n-a

This is one way to make people not worry about range so you drive it 200 miles and then get a free tow for the next 500 so you can get your 700 mile trip done in one day. :D

• Agree 3

^^^ Innovative thinking by Silicon Valley.. always have a tow truck on speed dial. To me.. innovative thinking would be a proper infrastructure that sits side by side with the existing oil one.

Silicon Valley did not solve the real problem at all. The problem exists as long as 168,000 gas stations are available vs 9,758 electric charging stations. The problem further extends when one realized that 5 cars can fill-up with gas by the time one Tesla, for example, can be half charged in 20 minutes. Talk about exacerbation. What that does is essentially reduce the availability of those charging stations down to 1951 at a given time waiting for the charge to get there.

it takes a complete infrastructural change to make EVs work for mainstream. It must be available and as easy as twisting the cap, squeezing the handle and hanging it back up in less than 5 minutes. I won't even get into the fact that the oil companies finally have awoken... and gas prices are as low at $1.70

GM's all come with a tow truck on speed dial as well. OnStar. They've had it for decades at this point. Does that mean they aren't reliable vehicles or does it say they offer great customer support? 

In defense to the infrastructure, which I COMPLETELY agree that it needs to expand before I will consider an EV, you can "fill" your vehicle up at home, at night, while you're sleeping, any time you want, and never step foot into a gas station for weeks or months unless you plan a trip anywhere making fill-up stations useless to most. Now for the smaller 80-100 mile range Focus/Golf/Leaf..they need the stations more than Teslas do with their smallest batter yielding 240 miles of range. 

• Agree 1

GM's all come with a tow truck on speed dial as well. OnStar. They've had it for decades at this point. Does that mean they aren't reliable vehicles or does it say they offer great customer support? 

Onstar is so much more. The point is that its a testament to the lack of dealerships and service centers for Tesla operating in a country that is 3400 miles coast to coast, depending on longitude. 500 miles to a service center, just to cover bases, is crazy.. 

^^^ Innovative thinking by Silicon Valley.. always have a tow truck on speed dial. To me.. innovative thinking would be a proper infrastructure that sits side by side with the existing oil one.

Silicon Valley did not solve the real problem at all. The problem exists as long as 168,000 gas stations are available vs 9,758 electric charging stations. The problem further extends when one realized that 5 cars can fill-up with gas by the time one Tesla, for example, can be half charged in 20 minutes. Talk about exacerbation. What that does is essentially reduce the availability of those charging stations down to 1951 at a given time waiting for the charge to get there.

it takes a complete infrastructural change to make EVs work for mainstream. It must be available and as easy as twisting the cap, squeezing the handle and hanging it back up in less than 5 minutes. I won't even get into the fact that the oil companies finally have awoken... and gas prices are as low at $1.70

In defense to the infrastructure, which I COMPLETELY agree that it needs to expand before I will consider an EV, you can "fill" your vehicle up at home, at night, while you're sleeping, any time you want, and never step foot into a gas station for weeks or months unless you plan a trip anywhere making fill-up stations useless to most. Now for the smaller 80-100 mile range Focus/Golf/Leaf..they need the stations more than Teslas do with their smallest batter yielding 240 miles of range. 

So yes there is not as many charging stations but you guys are way off. According to the latest Alternative Fuels Data Center web site that monitors and keeps accurate info on the charging stations the current numbers stand as follows:

12,290 Electric Stations with 30,851 Level 1, 2 & DC Fast Charge Charging outlets. This does not include Tesla's charging network.

post-12-0-01441200-1456416848_thumb.jpg

Washington state

570 Electric Stations with 1,450 Charging outlets and the following breakdown of types of charging connections:

239 Level 1

1101 Level 2

110 DC Fast Chargers

Oregon State

409 Electric Stations with 991 Charging outlets and the following breakdown of types of charging connections:

119 Level 1

720 Level 2

153 DC Fast Chargers

California State

2990 Electric Stations with 9007 Charging outlets and the following breakdown of types of charging connections:

661 Level 1

7577 Level 2

769 DC Fast Chargers

So YES Plenty of opportunities for building out but also plenty for the OEMs to bring pure EVs to market.

• Agree 2

This is my issue and why they aren't viable for a lot of people yet. 

This is just where I am in reference to the nearest charging stations.

19962F66-644E-4C3A-A869-F75BD44BD703_zps

This one is roughly my trip from IL to IA to visit my sister. She doesn't live in Des Moines but about an hour east of there. 

1163A7FE-9265-4125-816D-8CA5CFF28942_zps

As you can see.. past SLT it gets sparce to say the least. And the way we travel is up through MO along the IL/MO border. To drive to Columbia to charge me car is out of the question, almost 2 hours out of the way. 

Edited by ccap41

cccap... and I'm seriously surprised.. makes a good point. The majority of those stations are condensed in certain areas.. not to mention 12,300 charging stations don't even compare with the convenience of 178,000 gas stations or their 5 minute fill-up vs a 20 minute HALF charge. Not to mention.. if $h! got really raw.. I can still take this with me in the trunk or cargo area:

51U%2BuZeZ0EL._SY300_.jpg

which is good for, say in my Impala, another 150 miles @ 30MPG. As far as I kno.. the largest extension cord I kno of is 150 ft

k2-_4f3dbd37-8835-4c66-b41f-3c7d04481254

• Agree 1

Interesting idea, a backup battery pack for your EV auto!  :scratchchin:

Just like cell phone and how some carry a battery pack that can recharge their cell phone. Wonder if you could build a portable pack that would allow your EV to gain enough power to get to an outlet for charging.

:scratchchin:

Interesting idea, a backup battery pack for your EV auto!  :scratchchin:

Just like cell phone and how some carry a battery pack that can recharge their cell phone. Wonder if you could build a portable pack that would allow your EV to gain enough power to get to an outlet for charging.

:scratchchin:

I prefer the GM method more. It's called VOLTEC

02-2016-chevrolet-volt-fd-1.jpg

or even better:

Cadillac-CT6-plug-in-Shanghai-front-cuta

It says Tesla's rarely have issues, easily allowing the brand to afford and support this policy unlike any other automaker, and it provides another value-added perk for Tesla owners.

It also says Tesla's are increasingly popular outside of urban areas, due to their quality, customer loyalty and satisfaction.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

The EV is still at the early adopters stage.

But that stage is slowly coming to an end as EVs are gaining more ground by the month.

Tesla is closing in on 200 000 sales.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a28165/if-you-want-a-tesla-model-s-with-ev-incentives/

For anyone who plans to buy a Model S and wants to save some cash, you better get on it. 

Many people don't realize this, but the federal incentives that allow consumers up to a $7500 tax credit on any plug-in vehicle begin to expire once a carmaker hits 200,000 units sold in the U.S. No manufacturer has hit that number yet, but Tesla should be the first. And when it will hit this cap has become a topic of much speculation

Most estimates have Tesla hitting 200,000 U.S. sales sometime in late 2017 or the first half of 2018. The timing is important because Tesla's mass-market, $35,000 Model 3 (pre-incentives) won't go into production until 2017.

And when the Bolt comes along with the Tesla Model 3, the pendulum will quickly swing from there.

And if the EPA succeeds in punishing VW with forcing them to build charge stations.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/_/news/volkswagen/as-the-diesel-emits-epa-could-make-volkswagen-build-evs-in-the-us-r3371

German newspaper Welt am Sonntag reports the EPA is asking the German automaker to produce EVs at their Chattanooga, TN plant and to help build out a network of chargers across the U.S.

And if Provincial and State Governments also pitch in for EV infrastructure like Quebec is doing...and Im sure others will follow suit as soon as the Bolt and Tesla Model 3 will explode in popularity...

Quebec, Ontario and California joint effort.

http://www.21stcentech.com/quebec-ontario-invest-ev-charging-infrastructure/

Quebec re-investing in its own Province with Nissan as a Partner...

http://montrealgazette.com/business/local-business/quebecs-ev-charging-network-gets-a-major-boost

Im sure the EV charging stations to automobile fossil fuel refueling stations ratio will almost become equal in no time...

And no...aint no way Im buying a CT6 Hybrid...

A Chevrolet Volt...definitely...

A CT6 Hybrid...NEVER!

Why?

Why would I spend almost at the 100 000 dollar barrier on a 4 cylinder?

If Im spending that much coin on an EV...Id rather have one that gets me off of gasoline completely 100%.

Tesla it is at that price point, a very powerful EV.  A vehicle that gets the range and the speed. And the mojo.

Why settle for anything less?

The CT6 that Id buy is the one that drinks the fossil fuels...

Either the TTV6 or most probably,  the 4.2 liter V8. 

Its up top me to decide what it is I wanna do. Get off of oil 100%, or just say phoque it, V8 burble is too precious for me to forget about so easily.

It says Tesla's rarely have issues, easily allowing the brand to afford and support this policy unlike any other automaker, and it provides another value-added perk for Tesla owners.

It also says Tesla's are increasingly popular outside of urban areas, due to their quality, customer loyalty and satisfaction.

Stop smoking on the job son. Every.. and I mean EVERY person I kno who owns a Tesla has had to put a call into Tesla Service for a non-starting issue or something. The quality isn't that great despite your endorsement. Even more to the point tho is that the range anxiety is most likely the largest culprit behind this move. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

My partner owns his Model S P85D for about 3  months now....and no probs...

OK...its still a new car. 

The only thing he had was a little braking snafu...a software issue regarding regenerative braking and snow/ice/moisture collection on the brake pads and the car not reacting to slow down fast enough...since then, he chooses the days he wants regenerative braking engaged or not.

And...range anxiety in 2016 is all but diminished...

But then again, it depends on what part of the country/continent one is from.

Im assuming in the North East...not much of a problem. Im assuming in California, not much of an issue either...

But like I posted above...the gap where gas stations dont exist will fill up soon enough...

Like I said above...EVs are still in the early adopters stage...

As far as Tesla's reliability is concerned....at the very worst, just as reliable as the mainstream players...

Edited by oldshurst442

Stop smoking on the job son. Every.. and I mean EVERY person I kno who owns a Tesla has had to put a call into Tesla Service for a non-starting issue or something. The quality isn't that great despite your endorsement. Even more to the point tho is that the range anxiety is most likely the largest culprit behind this move.

Tesla ownership in suburban and 'rurban' markets is growing, hence the need for expanded range.

If Tesla steadfastly kept the 50 mile range, people here would shout from the hilltops about the company betraying it's famously good service. Instead Tesla expands the range and it's somehow an indictment of the brand's quality or it's something due to range anxiety.

I am happy to have another American Brand since the GOV sold out Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep to the idiot Italian auto pukes that cannot run a business to save their life other than rape it for all the money to try and bring back a dead brand.

Over all while happy that Tesla exists, sad it has such an UGLY design Language and that they seem to have delivered on only a fraction of what they have promised.

Long term excited for the EV market, short term. I pass on Tesla and wait to see and drive a BOLT.

Im really pissed at Sergio... Im seriously afraid of the future of Mopar.

Im excited for Tesla as an EV company. I want them to succeed.

Ive got long term excitement for EVs. Ill eventually buy one.

In the short term, Im afraid no EV will get my business just yet.

The Bolt and Volt are too small for my business and family needs.

The Tesla Model S is just too much money for me to fork over just for an automobile. I could afford one, Im not sure I want to spend it all on a car. Ive got too many projects that I want to complete before I start buying 100 000 dollar cars. I dont think Ill ever buy a 100 000 dollar car. Even my dream of restomodding a 1970 Olds 442 might not come to fruition.  So...Model S is a no go for me.

I want a Model S sized car...like my current 2012 Acura TL if you will...that has the Model S's range....but at the $40 000 - $50 000 CDN price range....Ill take a 100% EV car the size of the Fusion/Malibu...at Ford/Chevy prices with a tad less range...but we are not there yet.

What we do have is a Chevy Volt...which is a Chevy Cruze size vehicle at Impala/Malibu  price tag and still uses gasoline to a degree.  Too small,  too high a price tag and Im not completely off of oil and engine fluids... for me to consider it viable. For it to make financial sense. Another 10  years and we will probably be there.

So Im might as well continue enjoying V6 engines while they last. V8s are too expensive in Quebec for their up keep.

The only thing he had was a little braking snafu...a software issue regarding regenerative braking and snow/ice/moisture collection on the brake pads and the car not reacting to slow down fast enough...since then, he chooses the days he wants regenerative braking engaged or not.

Im assuming in the North East...not much of a problem. Im assuming in California, not much of an issue either...

But like I posted above...the gap where gas stations dont exist will fill up soon enough...

As far as Tesla's reliability is concerned....at the very worst, just as reliable as the mainstream players...

There would definitely be range anxiety for me still. Check the maps above for how close I am to stations. Yes, it would be VERY seldom that I'm driving more than 200 miles in one day but outside of the STL area, it gets pretty sparse... I could travel to Chicago from where I'm at though! 

There would definitely be range anxiety for me still. Check the maps above for how close I am to stations. Yes, it would be VERY seldom that I'm driving more than 200 miles in one day but outside of the STL area, it gets pretty sparse... I could travel to Chicago from where I'm at though! 

I saw that. When I posted that, I was thinking of you.

Eh, they're the only start-up automaker of their kind in 80 years to even get this far.

Though why the issue of EV charging so apparent now, and what does that have to do with just one car? It should've been dealt with years ago. It's unfortunate that the price of gasoline had to collapse. Oh wait, Ontario government new levy that'll be 5.2 cents a litre of gas by January 2017... Yup, now's the time to raise the gas taxes, right when the price of oil takes a nosedive.

Volt and other plug-ins sell because of the existence of range anxiety, and I like the Volt, but it, likes its plug-in peers, are eventually doomed. Once your get rid of range anxiety, no plug-in, range-extended anything do hickey has to exist.

I am ok with no charging stations as I would not travel with a Tesla.

Why? Because say I am going to leave for Charlotte NC I am not going to stop for over an hour to get a charge. Then I am not going to hunt down a charging station to plug my car into once I ma there and then stop for over an hour coming home.

I can gas, piss and get a drink in 7 min and be on my way.

When I travel I travel and spend my time at my destination not the path there. For me it would be life style changing and I am not willing to do that.

Like one year we left the race at 2 AM in the Morning. It ran over due to weather. I decided just to drive home. So we hit the road and drove it home. Only one stop for gas and a piss and kept going. Same for Indy as it is 500 miles and I mean 500 miles from my drive to the speedway. We stop around Dayton and then we gas up before the race. We do not want or need to be searching and waiting for a charge some where if we are doing a race. These are 20-24 hour days and we go we see and we come home. That is if we do not take my buddies plane and then it is a 6 - 7 hour day.

The most beautiful part of all this is Tesla will send a diesel fuel powered tow truck 500 miles to pick up a dead, stranded, battery powered joke. 

Beat me to it!!!

Does the tow truck driver bring out a latte too?

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/4008646/thumbs/o-TESLA-KIDS-CAR-570.jpg?16

Is this the loaner car you get?

Good one...

I wonder if GM gave its Z06 owners this as a loaner when they tracked their car

hqdefault.jpg

when the Z06 experienced heat soak issues...

Nah....Hyper when you take a number 2 at your gas stop, wouldn't you rather you didn't get in the car so soon as to prevent the natural emissions from your ...ahem...local gas station from interacting with the in cabin air environment?

Then again, you can circumvent that whole issue by getting into a Model X, with its cabin air filter that allows it to capture any whiff of natural gas, that may be coming from behind your back, where the gas is usually pumped out...into the vehicle....

There is electricity in just about every building in the USA.  Granted a 110 volt outlet would take forever to charge a Tesla, but it isn't like you can't find electricity.  Secondly, a lot of Tesla drivers are in urban areas and not driving 250 miles or more in a day, I never drive 250 miles in a day, so the range of a Tesla wouldn't both me for example.  Charging the car in my garage and not having to go to gas stations I find appealing.

If the free towing is to combat range anxiety, what nimrod can't read a battery % life gauge?  It is like having smart phone, how often does your phone ever hit 10% or go dead totally.  People just plug in their phone when it gets low.  The Tesla is the same thing.

A 2nd thing on these Tesla owners.  Does anything think they are driving from St. Louis to Chicago for example, they'll buy a plane ticket.   These are for the most part people making a few hundred grand a year, or wealthy retirees, etc.  They aren't traveling sales people pounding the pavement.

Tesla ownership in suburban and 'rurban' markets is growing, hence the need for expanded range.

If Tesla steadfastly kept the 50 mile range, people here would shout from the hilltops about the company betraying it's famously good service. Instead Tesla expands the range and it's somehow an indictment of the brand's quality or it's something due to range anxiety.

Fear mongering in this thread made it into a range anxiety thing...even a reliability thing...FAP TURBO has got the right idea...

But..when humanity has no knowledge of something, humanity fears it, ridicules it and is biased against it.

And yes SMK...when people are pressed for time, and in today's society, it seems that they are always pressed for time...people hardly drive long distances anymore, the take the airplane...

And if they must drive for whatever reason, people actually rent cars...in other words, people hardly ever use their personal vehicles for long distance traveling anymore...but...it makes for a more interesting thread to whine and complain...

This is the latest whine fest at Cheers and Gears....be sure to turn in tomorrow...as these are the days of our lives at Cheers and Gears. That is how the world turns, at Cheers and Gears. 

Edited by oldshurst442

Why does no one haha at my joke?!!

1234931504682.jpg

Its too intelligent for us to comprehend, Suave.

All I know is that I read as a kid once that us humans, all of us, whether we admit it or not, produce 10-15 expulsions of natural emissions per day.

Naturally, we end up inhaling these molecules of hydrongen sulfide and methane whether we like it or not, and if our noses are not so sensitive, well I guess you win. If you can't smell, you didn't dealt it.

Anyways...

the logical question remains. To stinky the car from your backside.... Or to sit it out for a pleasing half hour to expel every last....to clean every surface, and then to allocate for ventilation, and then to finally enter your car, knowing that such molecules do not end up in your car.

Also, Febreeze commercial. You've seen it, it's about what other people smell because you've gone nose-blind.

febreze-noseblind-1.png

Anyways... in summary, caveat emptor. Buyer beware, your sh!t smells, and it smells like sh!t.

Fear mongering in this thread made it into a range anxiety thing...even a reliability thing...FAP TURBO has got the right idea...

But..when humanity has no knowledge of something, humanity fears it, ridicules it and is biased against it.

And yes SMK...when people are pressed for time, and in today's society, it seems that they are always pressed for time...people hardly drive long distances anymore, the take the airplane...

And if they must drive for whatever reason, people actually rent cars...in other words, people hardly ever use their personal vehicles for long distance traveling anymore...but...it makes for a more interesting thread to whine and complain...

This is the latest whine fest at Cheers and Gears....be sure to turn in tomorrow...as these are the days of our lives at Cheers and Gears. That is how the world turns, at Cheers and Gears. 

So you're saying I should spend something like a minimum of $80k on a Model S, but if I want to go on a road trip of any distance, I should spend more money to rent a gas powered car SO I CAN TRAVEL AT MY OWN WHIM?  Very sound reasoning there.  Holds the Tesla up as an $80k toy that has to be put away when shit gets real.  No whining here.  :smilewide:

Nah....Hyper when you take a number 2 at your gas stop, wouldn't you rather you didn't get in the car so soon as to prevent the natural emissions from your ...ahem...local gas station from interacting with the in cabin air environment?

Then again, you can circumvent that whole issue by getting into a Model X, with its cabin air filter that allows it to capture any whiff of natural gas, that may be coming from behind your back, where the gas is usually pumped out...into the vehicle....

I hear it can handle that biohazard gas just fine for the Model X. But with the Fear that some have shown here about EVs, I do not think their biohazard filter can handle irrational brain waves. :P

So you're saying I should spend something like a minimum of $80k on a Model S, but if I want to go on a road trip of any distance, I should spend more money to rent a gas powered car SO I CAN TRAVEL AT MY OWN WHIM?  Very sound reasoning there.  Holds the Tesla up as an $80k toy that has to be put away when shit gets real.  No whining here.  :smilewide:

O get a real auto like a Suburban, convert it to Eletrical and put in the proper battery packs that give you a 600 to 700 mile range. Enjoy your road trip and charge at the hotel that night. :D

A 2nd thing on these Tesla owners.  Does anything think they are driving from St. Louis to Chicago for example, they'll buy a plane ticket.   These are for the most part people making a few hundred grand a year, or wealthy retirees, etc.  They aren't traveling sales people pounding the pavement.

You're right but if they're trying to appeal to everybody, which I think that is the long term goal because they're making a sub 40k car, there will be people who will actually made that drive.

And honestly the 4.5 hour trip to drive is about the time it would take to drive to the airport, park, get to airport early for check in and crap, fly, get bags, and pick up a rental car. Or drive on your own and not deal with any of that crap and you're on your own schedule. 

O get a real auto like a Suburban, convert it to Eletrical and put in the proper battery packs that give you a 600 to 700 mile range. Enjoy your road trip and charge at the hotel that night. :D

How long would it take to charge massive battery packs like that from a 110 outlet?!?!? 

We'll Lucky for me being on the west coast pretty easy to find a fast charger 220 or a DC 440 fast charger, so would not take long. But if I did have to do it on a 110 outlet, then yes you are looking at 14hrs.

We'll Lucky for me being on the west coast pretty easy to find a fast charger 220 or a DC 440 fast charger, so would not take long. But if I did have to do it on a 110 outlet, then yes you are looking at 14hrs.

While that is a super long time if you're traveling and stop at a hotel at night and sleep for 8hrs, wake up, eat and leave in another hour... 9-10hrs of charge isn't all that bad. Plus, it isn't like you got there at 0%. I assume that would be a good 10% to 85% charge? 

I'm just thinking of the mid-travel type of situation because other than that 700 miles of range will cover anything else. 

Why does no one haha at my joke?!!

Because it ranks among the least $h!tiest comments in this thread -- and about Tesla in general on C&G.

So you're saying I should spend something like a minimum of $80k on a Model S, but if I want to go on a road trip of any distance, I should spend more money to rent a gas powered car SO I CAN TRAVEL AT MY OWN WHIM?

If road-tripping at the absolute drop of a hat is a priority, maybe Tesla's not for you. Otherwise if you can spare five minutes out of your busy schedule on Google Maps and Tesla's website, you can plot out supercharger locations as well as nearby businesses and eateries that'd appreciate your half hour of patronage.

But based on your 'road trip arguments,' you appear to always be in a super rush and your time is super-duper important and you haven't a moment at all to spare and your destination expects you immediately and your schedule is incredibly time sensitive.

So Tesla isn't for a road warrin', wheelin'-dealin', pedal-to-the-metal, workin' overtime'n, string-pullin', mover-and-shaker like yourself.

• Agree 3

While that is a super long time if you're traveling and stop at a hotel at night and sleep for 8hrs, wake up, eat and leave in another hour... 9-10hrs of charge isn't all that bad. Plus, it isn't like you got there at 0%. I assume that would be a good 10% to 85% charge? 

I'm just thinking of the mid-travel type of situation because other than that 700 miles of range will cover anything else. 

I look at it like this, so if I was only going to be able to sleep 8hrs and then have to leave, I would on that 110 plug in gotten 60% back in charg into the battery pack.

From Edmonds Washington to Redding California is 610 miles for me. So this is the mid point in my trip to the LA area to visit family. I have my favorite hotel there and they include a breakfast buffet. So for me it really would be more like 10hrs or so of charging. Then I have a 568 mile drive to my aunts house. So having the dual battery packs on my suburban would allow me to charge and still make a decent two day drive. Plus that is not including that when I pull into a rest stop on I5 or stop for food that I would not plug in my suburban to charge. So I do not see it as a big deal, just need to plan for where I stop and plug in.

So you're saying I should spend something like a minimum of $80k on a Model S, but if I want to go on a road trip of any distance, I should spend more money to rent a gas powered car SO I CAN TRAVEL AT MY OWN WHIM?

If road-tripping at the absolute drop of a hat is a priority, maybe Tesla's not for you. Otherwise if you can spare five minutes out of your busy schedule on Google Maps and Tesla's website, you can plot out supercharger locations as well as nearby businesses and eateries that'd appreciate your half hour of patronage.

But based on your 'road trip arguments,' you appear to always be in a super rush and your time is super-duper important and you haven't a moment at all to spare and your destination expects you immediately and your schedule is incredibly time sensitive.

So Tesla isn't for a road warrin', wheelin'-dealin', pedal-to-the-metal, workin' overtime'n, string-pullin', mover-and-shaker like yourself.

That was beautifully said!

I hear it can handle that biohazard gas just fine for the Model X. But with the Fear that some have shown here about EVs, I do not think their biohazard filter can handle irrational brain waves. :P

I though if you buy a Tesla your $hit does not stink? At least that is how some of the zealots come across. I heard the car can cure cancer too?

It evidently handles Bull $hit well as so many fans are professional slingers of it.

Edited by hyperv6
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

:smilewide:

That was beautifully said!

Thanks, Olds!

cccap... and I'm seriously surprised.. makes a good point. The majority of those stations are condensed in certain areas.. not to mention 12,300 charging stations don't even compare with the convenience of 178,000 gas stations or their 5 minute fill-up vs a 20 minute HALF charge. Not to mention.. if $h! got really raw.. I can still take this with me in the trunk or cargo area:

51U%2BuZeZ0EL._SY300_.jpg

which is good for, say in my Impala, another 150 miles @ 30MPG. As far as I kno.. the largest extension cord I kno of is 150 ft

k2-_4f3dbd37-8835-4c66-b41f-3c7d04481254

You do realize that it has to start somewhere though right? This is the same infrastructure that the Bolt will be using after all.

Edited by surreal1272