Sign in to follow this  
bostonspider

2007 9-3 Interior

I'm in favor of the change. Being a employee of a SAAB dealer, I have had the chance to take a 9-3 home on a few weekends. Let me tell you, that SAAB info center is dangerous. The thing is difficult to use and takes your eyes off of the road for to long (it did look VERY cool though, especially at night). The other problem I had with it was the phone pad. The pad is actually used in Europe with a bluetooth phone, but the USA version has to be used with the expensive OnStar phone service (although I do think that the other OnStar features are worth the cost). This will be a good move for the 9-3, regardless of what people think about the GM-ized look.

Wait, I just noticed that they took out the HUD! That's a mistake!

Was HUD on all 9-3 trims? That radio is the basic radio reserved for low trims...could it be HUD stays on upper trim levels equipped with navigation?

Not me. I prefer the current model interior. You'd think they'd keep the Jet fighter cockpit feel now that they're focusing on Saab's jet-inspired past.

Oh no! They're getting rid of the cockpit radio!!! It had loads of buttons... buttons are awesome!

I get the feeling that people who like SAAB's may stray away from the new ones with this new interior design. It's now mainstream, "neuter..." the current SAAB's had quirky interiors and had individuality...

I may have not ever liked SAAB, but this is stupid beancounting...

Oh no! They're getting rid of the cockpit radio!!! It had loads of buttons... buttons are awesome!

I get the feeling that people who like SAAB's may stray away from the new ones with this new interior design. It's now mainstream, "neuter..." the current SAAB's had quirky interiors and had individuality...

I may have not ever liked SAAB, but this is stupid beancounting...

Well...where else will those people go for their quirky interiors? I mean it's easy to say SAAB loyalists will leave the brand...but for what? I think that as long as the SAABs drive well, look stylishly European and have elegant, upscale interiors that they will continue to be bought by the loyalists.

cheap looking. GM fks it up again. they got rid of the upper display too.

GEEZ. morons. yes its easier to run, but it looks cheap now to boot. i could see this interior in a Malibu, but that dash is dimestore.

the saab seats have always been nice. at least they didn't botch that.

further proof GM is being run by a lot of folks that don't give a rats ass about what you get for YOUR money.

I bet the JETTA interior comes off way better than this to most buyers.

If you change something, it should be for the better usually. NOT WORSE. I bet they didn't even upgrade the dash plastic.

Terrible. That radio looks like an aftermarket accessory someone decided to shove into their dashboard. And even though the current 9-3's center stack has entirely too many buttons, at least it has character and looks cohesive.

I like it. It looks sort of retro in a good way. Very SAABish. The corporate radio blends in pretty well, imo.

i think it looks pretty good, compared to the previous non-nav version.

i'd like to see it with a NAV system to reserve final judgement.

looks much smoother, and much better wood.

It's obvious that GM doesn't really care for SAAB in any way, shape, or form.

IF they did, they wouldn't be making the SAAB interiors completely generic using horribly obvious GM parts-bin items.

And what's with elimintating the SAAB information display at the top of the dash?

Oh well, with this latest Oldsmobilization of a brand, it looks like GM will have to kill off or sell another brand.

Hate to brind it up again, but GM should look at the Volvo situation and how Ford operates its Swedish arm. Now, the new S80 is a bit more whatever than the previous one, but that is beside the point

I once found the 9-3 Sports Sedan to be different, unique. Now, it doesn't- at least not by its interior. And since it's still sedan shaped, then not by the exterior either.

I find nothing wrong with the current 9-3 that GM World-Wide can fix.

There will only be neuterizing, blandifying, and inferiorizing.

SAAB is doomed. :censored:

I guess I am one of the few that think the update looks good. It may not stay "true" to Saab heritage but when the competition advances, you have to, also.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets