Cadillac News: 2022 Cadillac CT4 and CT5 Blackwing Bring A Performance Edge

8 hours ago, balthazar said:

Daimler isn't competing with Cadillac, it's competing with General Motors.

GM is worth 15% / $10 billion more than Daimler, and sold 7.7 million units in '19, vs. 2.8 million.

- - - - -
Ya, I'm sure it was me who sent things down another track. Oopsie.

Daimler is worth $85 billion today, and GM worth $80 billion.  When Daimler splits to Mercedes-Benz and Daimler Truck those valuations will rise.  Not sure these companies are really that similar since they serve different markets and customers.  

• Haha 1

Thanks for the correction- I saw something else apparently.

The 2 corporations are very close in many metrics, and Daimler has been benchmarking GM for decades. Remember their slogan not that long ago; "In a perfect world, there'd be a Mercedes in every driveway"...

Finance-wise, Daimler is up 354% over the last 12 months, GM is up 398%. They also have a decisive edge in the arena investors seems to lose their critical thought on- BE's, so how it goes is anyone's guess. 

One thing tho- the idle talk of Daimler buying GM has long evaporated (not saying that Daimler was contemplating that). 

• Agree 1

On 2/9/2021 at 7:39 AM, ccap41 said:

Scroll back and you'll find USA and Balthy mentioned Rolls and Maybach before smk did, Thursday, to help with your search. 

If you're an honest man, you'd get on those two for mentioning Rolls and Maybach. 

Diamler is miles ahead of Cadillac. Cadillac wishes and dreams they could be what Mercedes and BMW are. 

No, smk brought up the Charger or Kia comparing them to a Cadillac which is obvious BS talk. He's the master of the goal post mover...

Edited by USA-1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

No, smk brought up the Charger or Kia comparing them to a Cadillac which is obvious BS talk. He's the master of the goal post mover...

My point was just because the CT5 is E-class size, doesn't, mean it is E-class competition.  Because a Camry or Sonata are the same size as a CT5 or E-class too.  There are like 20 mid-size sedans out there, it is the most common size.

I am sure Hellcat fans are saying how the Charger is cheaper and more powerful than a CT5 and therefore better, and not factoring in the Charger has a garbage interior and garbage handling.  

On 2/9/2021 at 7:39 AM, ccap41 said:

Scroll back and you'll find USA and Balthy mentioned Rolls and Maybach before smk did, Thursday, to help with your search. 

If you're an honest man, you'd get on those two for mentioning Rolls and Maybach.

I was proving a point on apples to apples and same class of luxury cars because smk continued to bring up econobox Kia's and muscle car Charger's on the other end of the scale that are no where close to a Cadillac on build quality or fit and finish. I wasn't comparing anything on this string to RR directly, it was a rhetorical statement.

The following is what I stated...

18 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

My point was just because the CT5 is E-class size, doesn't, mean it is E-class competition.  Because a Camry or Sonata are the same size as a CT5 or E-class too.  There are like 20 mid-size sedans out there, it is the most common size.

I am sure Hellcat fans are saying how the Charger is cheaper and more powerful than a CT5 and therefore better, and not factoring in the Charger has a garbage interior and garbage handling.  

Again, you make no sense with your statements. Yes, Cadillac CT5 and Mercedes E Class compete directly because they are both LUXURY makes and are nearly identical in size and that's a fact, that doesn't change, no matter what your opinion is and it makes them exactly that...COMPETITORS. 

• Disagree 1

50 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

Again, you make no sense with your statements. Yes, Cadillac CT5 and Mercedes E Class compete directly because they are both LUXURY makes and are nearly identical in size and that's a fact, that doesn't change, no matter what your opinion is and it makes them exactly that...COMPETITORS. 

Lexus ES350 and Acura TLX are the same size as the CT5 and from a luxury make.  

You can say the CT5 is an E-class competitor, but Cadillac is severely outgunned on luxury and technology on that one.  

Edited by smk4565

2 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Lexus ES350 and Acura TLX are the same size as the CT5 and from a luxury make.  

You JUST stated Camry and Sonata above as comparisons that is what I'm talking about and you know it, your new nickname is "flip the script". The ES350 is just a re-badged Camry, there's nothing unique about either of those luxury makes, but you're getting closer! 

On 2/12/2021 at 7:57 PM, USA-1 said:

That's still not Rolls or Maybach. 

On 2/12/2021 at 8:28 PM, USA-1 said:

I was proving a point on apples to apples and same class of luxury cars because smk continued to bring up econobox Kia's and muscle car Charger's on the other end of the scale that are no where close to a Cadillac on build quality or fit and finish. I wasn't comparing anything on this string to RR directly, it was a rhetorical statement.

The following is what I stated...

I never said WHY you brought it up, just that you brought it up before smk. 

• Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

That's still not Rolls or Maybach. 

I never said WHY you brought it up, just that you brought it up before smk. 

smk very recently brought up the Maybach GLS600 in a post before I ever did, comparing it to the new 2021 Escalade so he knows where I was going with it, it's straight from his playbook.  

51 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

smk very recently brought up the Maybach GLS600 in a post before I ever did, comparing it to the new 2021 Escalade so he knows where I was going with it, it's straight from his playbook.  

Again, I never said WHY you brought it up or where else it was brought up, just that you brought it up HERE first. 

I'm not sure how or why that's confusing or why you're defending that. It was like a week ago, nobody cares. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Again, I never said WHY you brought it up or where else it was brought up, just that you brought it up HERE first. 

I'm not sure how or why that's confusing or why you're defending that. It was like a week ago, nobody cares. 

What part did you miss? It seems like all of it, so here's a recap. I've driven a CT6-V Blackwing Platinum so I know exactly what Cadillac can do in our modern day and has done again with the Cadillac CT4 and CT5-V Blackwing's. I stated RR because smk makes the Cadillac CT-V B's (before even seeing one in person) out to be on a much lower level comparing them to a Kia, Toyota or Dodge because of the similar size or it having a V8 for comparison, which is an F'n joke! Then he props up his fan fav. MB to something higher like their Maybach which HE brought up in the past so LIKE I SAID, HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT so it doesn't matter what YOU think since you weren't involved in conversation. I don't care if it's this thread or not it was a very recent post between myself and him. 

Because I'm going to call BS when I see it is why and it doesn't matter if it was a month ago. I'm not on this site everyday because I have much better things to do with my life. I know why you're trying to vehemently defend your fan fav. "MB" and "AMG" but don't try to call me out like you know what we were talking about if you don't.  HE KNEW what I meant even though you didn't...   

47 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

It's always ironic when somebody tries to talk down upon a specific brand calling them your "fav." all while dry humping another brand whose spiraling in seventeen different directions. 

The first actual mention of Maybach followed but the first response, in the screenshot below. Can we put this to bed already or do you want me to tell you what you told me on the very first page about going back and forth with someone?

D45D5242-C482-4CD9-BC3C-F66E47D00B34.thumb.jpeg.64edac538c85d4ce9560f86c625681ee.jpeg

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

It's always ironic when somebody tries to talk down upon a specific brand calling them your "fav." all while dry humping another brand whose spiraling in seventeen different directions. 

Pot calling Kettle...🤪

46 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

The first actual mention of Maybach followed but the first response, in the screenshot below. Can we put this to bed already or do you want me to tell you what you told me on the very first page about going back and forth with someone?

D45D5242-C482-4CD9-BC3C-F66E47D00B34.thumb.jpeg.64edac538c85d4ce9560f86c625681ee.jpeg

Yes, Yes I know this already. Scroll up to where I pointed it out to David. This is exactly what I said, smk didn't mention Maybach first. 

9 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

Pot calling Kettle...🤪

Minus the dry humping. 

This entire time I repeatedly mentioned I was not taking anything away from the CT4/5-VB. I clearly was just saying the CLA45 AMG was not the Benz to knock on, NOT that they don't have vehicles to knock on. I've also repeatedly hated on their garbage-@ss looking GLC Coupe and GLE Coupe, AMG or not. No, I do not love their entire lineup but Yes, they have a lineup that only BMW can compete with as they have legitimate high end performance variants from the bottom to the top, something Cadillac can only dream of. Instead Cadillac drops a truck engine in their sports sedan(yes, at the press release of the 2.7 Silverado, they said it was a dedicated truck engine). 

"Standard on LT and RST trims, the new engine delivers an SAE-certified 310 horsepower and 348 lb-ft of torque, for 22 percent more torque than the 4.3L V-6 it replaces. Developed specifically for truck applications, the new 2.7L Turbo inline four-cylinder engine delivers peak torque from 1,500 to 4,000 rpm"

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Minus the dry humping. 

This entire time I repeatedly mentioned I was not taking anything away from the CT4/5-VB. I clearly was just saying the CLA45 AMG was not the Benz to knock on, NOT that they don't have vehicles to knock on. I've also repeatedly hated on their garbage-@ss looking GLC Coupe and GLE Coupe, AMG or not. No, I do not love their entire lineup but Yes, they have a lineup that only BMW can compete with as they have legitimate high end performance variants from the bottom to the top, something Cadillac can only dream of. Instead Cadillac drops a truck engine in their sports sedan(yes, at the press release of the 2.7 Silverado, they said it was a dedicated truck engine). 

"Standard on LT and RST trims, the new engine delivers an SAE-certified 310 horsepower and 348 lb-ft of torque, for 22 percent more torque than the 4.3L V-6 it replaces. Developed specifically for truck applications, the new 2.7L Turbo inline four-cylinder engine delivers peak torque from 1,500 to 4,000 rpm"

I've said the same with GM and Cadillac and I definitely don't like GM's entire lineup, but they do offer an entire line of cars, midsize and fullsize BOF trucks and SUV's as well as CUV's, unlike Daimler. There's always going to be powertrain sharing when GM Powertrain builds all the engines and transmissions in house and ships them off to the other assembly factories to be installed in a Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick or GMC and Daimler would definitely do the same if they had trucks which they can only dream of.

My point earlier was that these Cadillac CTx-V Blackwing's even the CT4-5-V Series non Blackwing do compete with MB AMG, BMW M and M Sport, Audi S and RS and Lexus F to some extent with all of them offering RWD luxury performance models, but I never said the whole lineup from Cadillac competes with the Germans. Cadillac doesn't want nor do they need a full lineup of performance vehicles because not only do they have the V Series and Blackwing line they have a fully loaded vehicles from their other 3 divisions where Benz is only Benz. The Chevrolet Corvette 3LT with 500 hp at the ready with a Z06, ZR1 and Zora on the way and many other pretty damn well built cars, trucks and SUV's that can and do equal if not better some of the vehicles coming out of Munich and Stuttgart. There are vehicles GM offers that Daimler doesn't and vice versa. I've owned a lot of really good GM vehicles having owned 2 Cadillac's, several Chevrolet's and 1 GMC over the years and I drive my vehicles pretty hard and they hold up really well, but I also maintain them very well which many people miss.

Automotive manufacturers constantly change their strategy, Daimler does it, GM does it, Ford does it, ALL of them do it. I remember the Chevrolet reps saying the same thing about the 2.7T I4, it's all marketing speak that they all spew. There are ways to tune the same engine for truck or car use and it is a brand new pretty high tech engine that's said to be very quiet and smooth for an I-4 and it puts out pretty impressive numbers. It's only offered to help balance GM CAFE numbers anyway.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Yes, Yes I know this already. Scroll up to where I pointed it out to David. This is exactly what I said, smk didn't mention Maybach first. 

Yet here you are still going back and forth. Again, refer to what you said about another and myself on the first page. Good grief. 

3 hours ago, USA-1 said:

I've said the same with GM and Cadillac and I definitely don't like GM's entire lineup, but they do offer an entire line of cars, midsize and fullsize BOF trucks and SUV's as well as CUV's, unlike Daimler. There's always going to be powertrain sharing when GM Powertrain builds all the engines and transmissions in house and ships them off to the other assembly factories to be installed in a Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick or GMC and Daimler would definitely do the same if they had trucks which they can only dream of.

My point earlier was that these Cadillac CTx-V Blackwing's even the CT4-5-V Series non Blackwing do compete with MB AMG, BMW M and M Sport, Audi S and RS and Lexus F to some extent with all of them offering RWD luxury performance models, but I never said the whole lineup from Cadillac competes with the Germans. Cadillac doesn't want nor do they need a full lineup of performance vehicles because not only do they have the V Series and Blackwing line they have a fully loaded vehicles from their other 3 divisions where Benz is only Benz. The Chevrolet Corvette 3LT with 500 hp at the ready with a Z06, ZR1 and Zora on the way and many other pretty damn well built cars, trucks and SUV's that can and do equal if not better some of the vehicles coming out of Munich and Stuttgart. There are vehicles GM offers that Daimler doesn't and vice versa. I've owned a lot of really good GM vehicles having owned 2 Cadillac's, several Chevrolet's and 1 GMC over the years and I drive my vehicles pretty hard and they hold up really well, but I also maintain them very well which many people miss.

Automotive manufacturers constantly change their strategy, Daimler does it, GM does it, Ford does it, ALL of them do it. I remember the Chevrolet reps saying the same thing about the 2.7T I4, it's all marketing speak that they all spew. There are ways to tune the same engine for truck or car use and it is a brand new pretty high tech engine that's said to be very quiet and smooth for an I-4 and it puts out pretty impressive numbers. It's only offered to help balance GM CAFE numbers anyway.  

It's just unfortunate that they chose to share an engine specifically designed for truck use, to be in their luxury sport sedan. It isn't that it is tune-able, it's that it isn't refined enough for luxury sport sedan-use. 

"I wasn't going to describe it as such when Cadillac admitted that the turbocharged 2.7-liter four-cylinder comes from the Chevrolet Silverado pickup, but then I slid behind the wheel and hit the start button. The largest four-cylinder engine on the market starts up with a grumble, like a teenager being dragged out of bed at 5:00 a.m. I'm not kidding, on startup you can feel the torque twist the engine in its mounts, a sensation that reverberates through the car – it's uncouth and unacceptable behavior for a car with a luxury badge. So, yes, this is a truck engine, even if it smooths out at idle."

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/428474/2020-cadillac-ct4-v-first-drive/

Mercedes makes REAL trucks. 

Unimog.thumb.jpg.3d4e5c6856d9d1d6f8bbf860c21cf42d.jpg1268304190_MercedesTruck.jpg.980d9d444f01b084f40622a581251a33.jpg

I will certainly agree that any company would be stupid to not want the success Ford, GM, and Ram have had with their trucks. Great margins, great profits. 

I know I've said it, maybe/maybe not here, that the C8Z is going to seriously hurt feelings. The C8 Z51 is already putting dents in serious super car territory. I'm stoked for the Z06 and/or ZR1. 

1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

Yet here you are still going back and forth. Again, refer to what you said about another and myself on the first page. Good grief. 

I was literally never talking to you about this. I responded to David. 

Classic Surreal, nutting all over a thread. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

These are now under the Daimler banner.  

But...so does (did) GM  (produce REAL trucks)

Sold off or spun off or whatever over the years...

As Balthy once said though.  Daimler-Benz (Mercedes) is more akin to General Motors rather than Mercedes be like Cadillac and Cadillac be like Mercedes. 

GM sold off and spun off their truck division...and going forward Daimler-Benz is no longer.  Daimler has just been spun off to be its own truck division.  Commercial trucks and busses are now...Daimler.   

Image result for gm commercial trucks

Image result for gm commercial trucks

Image result for Chevrolet 4500HD

And let us not forget that this beast...is a truck underneath...dressed to be a Cadillac

But its a General Motors commercial Top Kick platform.   Im sure Daimler could build one too.  

Image result for The Beast 2 presidential limo

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

It's just unfortunate that they chose to share an engine specifically designed for truck use, to be in their luxury sport sedan. It isn't that it is tune-able, it's that it isn't refined enough for luxury sport sedan-use. 

"I wasn't going to describe it as such when Cadillac admitted that the turbocharged 2.7-liter four-cylinder comes from the Chevrolet Silverado pickup, but then I slid behind the wheel and hit the start button. The largest four-cylinder engine on the market starts up with a grumble, like a teenager being dragged out of bed at 5:00 a.m. I'm not kidding, on startup you can feel the torque twist the engine in its mounts, a sensation that reverberates through the car – it's uncouth and unacceptable behavior for a car with a luxury badge. So, yes, this is a truck engine, even if it smooths out at idle."

Unimog.thumb.jpg.3d4e5c6856d9d1d6f8bbf860c21cf42d.jpg1268304190_MercedesTruck.jpg.980d9d444f01b084f40622a581251a33.jpg

I will certainly agree that any company would be stupid to not want the success Ford, GM, and Ram have had with their trucks. Great margins, great profits. 

I know I've said it, maybe/maybe not here, that the C8Z is going to seriously hurt feelings. The C8 Z51 is already putting dents in serious super car territory. I'm stoked for the Z06 and/or ZR1.

Yeah, those Motor1 guys tend to get carried away with descriptions on all makes and models. You're making me want to go test drive a CT4-V with the 2.7T.          I mean not all luxury engines are butter smooth, the Cadillac V Series have been apologetic hammers and people love them, I loved my '13 Gen. 2 CTS-V Coupe and just like AMG V8's are loud and somewhat rough at idle that's how they're supposed to be. I hate the sewing machine smooth and quiet where you can barely hear it running. I've driven my Aunt's newer C Class Kompressor and it's not all that smooth through the power band.  

Oh yeah Benzo boy? Try to capture this REAL TRUCK lineup picture with MB! I'm being facetious dude don't snap, but it is a true statement on the pic. :D

2021-Chevrolet-Commerical-Fleet-002-Chevy-Commercial-Lineup.thumb.jpg.035dd9eafcc8d8f759403ed8de76bb1d.jpg

• Like 1

And here's another one. She's a nice BIG RED 2020 Chevy Silverado 6500HD DMax Tow Truck that can haul some big heavy clunkers :D👍🏼🇺🇸

837749707_BigRedChevySilverado6500towtruck.thumb.jpeg.cebd531c647280de74b9f52928004a5e.jpeg

17 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I was literally never talking to you about this. I responded to David. 

Classic Surreal, nutting all over a thread. 

Speak for yourself buddy. You spent a page and a half going back and forth with USA-1 over semantics (like always) and nutting over any reasonable discussion so look in the mirror next time before trying to call someone else out.

On 2/3/2021 at 11:47 AM, ccap41 said:

Oh look, another thread with ocn and surreal going at it. 

Literally what you said on the first page. That was not a response to David. You tried to call me out over something you, yourself, did on this very same thread. Again, look in the mirror next time.

Classic ccap. Nutting all over his own double standards and arguing over semantics yet again.

Edited by surreal1272

www.cadillac.com at least is starting off one's visit with covering their EV LYRIQ.

image.png

Then the second point is selling 2021 XT4 & XT5 which is currently out of production due to parts shortage and yet a decent interest rate and cash back. INTERESTING 🤔

image.png

Third Bullet is the V-Series Blackwing, nice and easy to find.

image.png

Forth and final bullet is advertising their Virtual Show room as Cadillac has also stepped into the ring of virtual show rooms and buying via the web. What does this say about the future of showrooms? 🤔

She is cute the Virtual salesperson. :P 

image.png

47 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Speak for yourself buddy. You spent a page and a half going back and forth with USA-1 over semantics (like always) and nutting over any reasonable discussion so look in the mirror next time before trying to call someone else out.

New Girl Reaction GIF

47 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

That was not a response to David.

Uhhh... It sure was. Also, your lack of creativity isn't surprising. Your "comebacks" are the same exact words...every time. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by ccap41
  • Disagree 1

55 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

New Girl Reaction GIF

Uhhh... It sure was. Also, your lack of creativity isn't surprising. Your "comebacks" are the same exact words...every time. 

Capture.JPG

You clearly didn’t realize that we are talking about TWO different things but again, keep arguing over semantics for two more pages. 

And last time I checked, it wasn’t a creativity competition. My supposed lack of creativity doesn’t make my statement any less true and that’s the point, which clearly flew over your head. 

Back to cars...

8FB36277-8EEA-4438-8287-4D7F32A8083A.jpeg

36 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Obviously. You don't even attempt. ocn and I could crawl circles around you. 

2.7.jpg

Then crawl your sorry ass on out then because you are just continuing to prove me right by going on and on about it while harping on others to NOT to do that same thing.

And the only thing you are crawling around, at this point, is the drain. Don’t forget to flush.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ccap41 said:

So I've yet to drive the 2.7T in the CT4, but that doesn't sound like an engine issue, but rather a mounting issue.  I know a number of the guys at Motor1 and to say they're excitable over minor things is an understatement, though I don't know Brandon specifically. 

I am near certain that the 2.7 gets active motor mounts. I don't know if there is a "boot up" process for them or what, but that could explain some of the scenario he describes. 

That said, these days there is really no such thing as a "truck engine" unless you're talking a big diesel. There are car engines that aren't appropriate for trucks due to the shape of their torque curve, but usually not the other way around. Pretty much any and all roughness can be dialed out with the use of balance shafts and active motor mounts. 

• Agree 3

Since all BlackWings will have it, I wonder how often they will get used in reality?

PDR or Performance Data Recorder. I know this is from the Corvette, and I have read where people do use it there, but I wonder about here.

image.png

46 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

That said, these days there is really no such thing as a "truck engine" unless you're talking a big diesel. There are car engines that aren't appropriate for trucks due to the shape of their torque curve, but usually not the other way around. Pretty much any and all roughness can be dialed out with the use of balance shafts and active motor mounts. 

While I know what you mean, wouldn't the shape of the curve of the 2.7 not really be all that suitable for a sports sedan(in a sporty spec)? Bunch of low end torque and looses steam up top(like many of EcoBoosts). 

23 minutes ago, David said:

Since all BlackWings will have it, I wonder how often they will get used in reality?

PDR or Performance Data Recorder. I know this is from the Corvette, and I have read where people do use it there, but I wonder about here.

image.png

I'd wager very rarely, same as any vehicle with this kind of performance monitoring. They produce really cool information but I doubt many actually use it all that often. I'd also say that the very few who do track their cars, would use it every single time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David said:

image.png

I'm pretty sure the CTS, ATS, and CT6 (a mild version), all had it in their respective V versions. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

While I know what you mean, wouldn't the shape of the curve of the 2.7 not really be all that suitable for a sports sedan(in a sporty spec)? Bunch of low end torque and looses steam up top(like many of EcoBoosts). 

Depends on your goals. If you're trying to win at the drag strip, you're probably right.  Taking it out on the Nürburgring the torque curve and the 10-speed in manumatic mode would probably do really well. 

In day to day driving, the 2.7 will feel significantly more powerful than the direct competition listed since the way they designed it gives it very little lag. It's probably one of the few turbo-4s I'd find acceptable because of the anti-lag design.  It probably feels a good bit more powerful than the 3.6 V6 since the torque kicks in so low compared to the higher RPM in the V6. 

10 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Depends on your goals. If you're trying to win at the drag strip, you're probably right.  Taking it out on the Nürburgring the torque curve and the 10-speed in manumatic mode would probably do really well. 

In day to day driving, the 2.7 will feel significantly more powerful than the direct competition listed since the way they designed it gives it very little lag. It's probably one of the few turbo-4s I'd find acceptable because of the anti-lag design.  It probably feels a good bit more powerful than the 3.6 V6 since the torque kicks in so low compared to the higher RPM in the V6. 

Yeah, it's a great daily engine but not a sporty engine, like most EcoBoosts. 

If what I read yesterday I comprehended, it's a similar situation to a twin scroll, minimizing lag to near zero. 

53 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Yeah, it's a great daily engine but not a sporty engine, like most EcoBoosts. 

If what I read yesterday I comprehended, it's a similar situation to a twin scroll, minimizing lag to near zero. 

This is the mid-range engine in the CT4 and it’s being compared to AMGs and Ms. 

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

This is the mid-range engine in the CT4 and it’s being compared to AMGs and Ms. 

Because Cadillac completely botched their naming system, AGAIN. 

Don't throw a "V" on something with a diesel-like power band(exaggeration). This is a stellar base engine that could be tuned down 'because hierarchy" but V still means sport, just like the V-Sport of old. 

Edited by ccap41
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Because Cadillac completely botched their naming system, AGAIN. 

Don't throw a "V" on something with a diesel-like power band(exaggeration). This is a stellar base engine that could be tuned down 'because hierarchy" but V still means sport, just like the V-Sport of old. 

Even though I am not a turbo fan, I can easily see Cadillac using this Torque motor with a proper dual scroll Turbo and higher compression to give it the top end to go with the bottom end so it scoots off the line and still runs out.

I have not test drove this, but the engineering makes sense of using this motor in this manner. Have you test drove it yet?