2020 Jeep Gladiator Leaks Out (We Think)

The name wasn't the only thing to be leaked out

What you see before you is the 2020 Jeep Gladiator pickup - at least we think it is. According to the Jeep Gladiator forum, a poster managed to grab these pictures and text from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' media site before being taken down. A lot of the information seems to fit in line with various rumors we have been reporting over the past year or two.

• Come standard with the 3.6L Pentastar V6 paired with either six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic
    • 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 will be available as an option
    • Max payload comes in at 1,600 pounds, while max towing is rated at 7,650 pounds
    • Two four-wheel drive systems (Command and Rock-Trac) will be available
    • Beefy Dana 44 axles joined with electronic lockers front and rear should make for a very capable off-road machine
    • Bed length comes in at five feet and will feature an external power source and integrated tie-downs
    • Being a Wrangler, it will have the option of soft or hard top, and the ability to fold the windshield down.

We'll find out if any this information is the real deal or not when the Jeep Gladiator debuts on November 28th.

Source: JeepGladiatorForum.com
    Pic Credit: Jeep Gladiator Forum

Very cool, I like the Rubicon in both hard top and convertible edition.

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-3_zpsgezcs

[​IMG]

Excited that the wheels are 33 inch off road. Tru-Lock electric front and rear axle lockers, trac-lok limited-slip diff and it seems it has the Power Wagon electronic sway-bat disconnect! :metal:

Shipping with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Rubicon edition has optional Forward facing off-road camera system for ease of obstruction detection when on trail. Pictures look like they have a rear camera too under the Jeep Logo.

Interesting notice, the 3.0 liter V6 EcoDiesel with ESS and 8sp auto trans will be available in 2020, guess as a 2021 model. Cool to see ESS on a Diesel.

So you only get the 3.6 V6 Pentastar at launch on the 2020 models

Already makes the Bison look like crap.

Already makes the Bison look like crap.

Yup, GM had their 10 days of spotlight, Jeep has stolen it pre-release! :roflmao:

Pictures look like they have a rear camera too under the Jeep Logo.

I'm sure it does. I believe it is a federal mandate thing. All new vehicles sold after a certain time must have a back up camera. With that said, I would not be surprised to see other options for trailering borrowed from the Ram.

I think it looks just a tiny bit ungainly. From the side. Now RAM has no need to provide a midsize competitor.

And the Ranger Raptor would get buried halfway back to Australia by this Gladiator. Good on Ford for eating this humble pie.

Every off-road trim of the competition has been put on notice, this thing will bury ALL of them.

Giant cab, tiny bed.  Backwards priorities, imo.  Need to see if there is a shorter cab/longer bed version before I love it.  We still need a midsize Ram though.  Different customers.

I'm thinking this will be pricey, no cheap versions, top out a fair bit higher than the Wrangler Rubicon Unlimitd

Edited by frogger
    • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I doubt if they will do a regular cab, would sell maybe 5% of what a 4dr will....they have their priorities right..they know what will sell to Jeep customers.    This is more of a novelty pickup--think of it as a Wrangler Unlimited with more cargo space.   For a general purpose mid size pickup, that would be from Ram.

Edited by Robert Hall

3 hours ago, frogger said:

Yeah, this will be the most expensive of the mid-size trucks.

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Totally agree with Robert, standard or king cab with big bed is not what the majority want or need. Jeep has this one right, bulk will be fully loaded 4 door trucks for families that want off road capabilities but needs more room to haul stuff. I can so see water tight canopy on the back on the rubicon trail enjoying time away from the cities.

33 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Cab and a half is what I'm calling for with 6.5 foot bed, and it has been strongly rumored.

Well, that was what the prototype was a few years ago...that would make sense also..depends on how much they want to invest.  It could probably be on the same wheelbase as the 4dr.   Something like this but with the new generation interior and front..

jeep-wrangler-pickup-production-Miami-lakes-jeep.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall

New Wranglers in general are hella expensive.  I'd rather have a Ram, I think, than this, for less money.  Although if an extended cab with stick were to crawl in my bed I wouldn't kick it out.

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

That and a diesel would be killer

45 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I like them though.

This is one of the greatest examples where GM misses opportunities to in killing off niche products. The Avalanche.. the CT6-PHEV.. the a convertible that is not a Vette or Camaro.. Hummer.., but especially the Hummer H3T.  This Jeep and the aforementioned H3T look almost identical.. furthermore the H3T and H3 was regarded, when it was out, as one of the best off-road vehicles ever. WTF... GM just doesn't fit GMC with a few Hummer H3/H4 models is beyond me.. and in truth.. they wouldn't even have to do anything different in styling from those vehicles despite a decade being gone.. and people would buy them.

1205020007.jpg2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-3_zpsgezcs

@Cmicasa the Great Totally agree, why GM has not realized that Hummer should be a package for GMC is beyond me.

I loved the H3T Alpha and was planning to get one but by the time I was ready, the product was dead and no new ones available. The few that were on dealer lots were used hard.

Those that do have them and there are plenty around here on the road love their Alpha H3T's.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Much Luv bro... The minute that I sought out that pic of the H3T.. I started to wonder where and when I should pick up a used one.. thing is the closest H3T in my area selling used is almost 300 miles away.. and still sitting at around $30K .. the regular H3 might be a closer option as I am seeing them for about $12-19K based on miles. For me.. it would be a fun run around off-road vehicle. The only thing I would consider changing is seeing if a V8 could go in one cheaply.. if an Alpha could not be found

Edited by Cmicasa the Great

8 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Reading up on them because they would be badass to own.. I think they did offer a 5.3 in the latter year(s).

27 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Correct in the last 2yrs they had the Alpha which had the 5.3 L V8

Sad part is that even the non-V8 models with over 100,000 miles are still fetching high prices due to the ability these trucks can handle but is stupid pricing.

Right now the closest Alpha to me is 700 miles away, Has 122,000 miles and they are asking $22K

Crazy 🤷‍♂️

Total Search does show some very low mileage H3T Alpha's but like Cmicassa has stated, your looking at mid $40K for one.

OK, looked at a few more of the H3T Alphas listed on the East Coast, High $20K to Low $30K gets you one in the 50-70K miles range. Not too bad. Nice White one in NC.

MID 40k FOR ONE OF THEM?!?!

There are some higher mileage ones "near" me for around 20-25k. They are all the I5 though. I can't imagine how slow that vehicle is. But it looks awesome and I would absolutely drive one.

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

MID 40k FOR ONE OF THEM?!?!

Once you drive an Alpha, you can never drive the I5 version again. Night and Day different.

As stated the Alpha was a 5.3L V8.. same as the one that was in my previous Tahoe.. and yes.. I would love one just like the one pictured above in gray.. except I'd probably want Black or dark blue. I drove a few H3s, never an H3T, but I can tell U.. no matter where I went.. I never feared being stuck LOL. one time purposely going into a muddy mess of a field on the Easter Shore of MD, finger hovering next to the roadside/onstar  button, only to come out f it as if I were on flat dry pavement. GM was a FOOL to kill that brand and not simply realign its products and future products with GMC or Chevy.

54 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Used 2010 HUMMER H3T in Fort Lauderdale, FL - 486957501 - 1

Sharp looking that is for sure. Not sure what the mileage is as they state zero on the Autotrader web site.

• By Drew Dowdell
      Some Jeep Wrangler drivers have been experiencing a frightening phenomenon commonly known as the Jeep "Death Wobble".  While the term is dramatic, FCA says they know of no injuries or deaths caused by this experience. After the vehicle hits a bump at highway speed, the steering wheel can vibrate back and forth by up to five degrees. Drivers claim that the only way to correct the wobble is to speed up or slow down.
      FCA says that the cause of this is a resonance in the front axle and dampers containing air bubbles.  Cold weather makes the oil in the dampers less viscous and air bubbles won't dissipate quickly enough. Jeep will remedy the issue by installing a new damper free of charge to any customer who wants one, but it is not recalling the vehicle.  All new Wranglers come with the new damper.
      There is currently a class action lawsuit pending that hopes to force FCA to recall the vehicle and calls the addition of a damper a band-aid.

• By Drew Dowdell
    • By Drew Dowdell
      FCA Reports May 2019 U.S. Sales

Ram brand achieves 12th consecutive monthly record as May sales rise 29 percent     Jeep® Grand Cherokee notches best May ever as sales rise 18 percent Dodge Charger reports highest May in six years as sales reach 9,296 vehicles June 3, 2019 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC achieved three records in May, led by the Ram brand which notched its 12th consecutive monthly sales record as demand for both light-duty and heavy-duty pickup trucks remained strong.

It was the best May ever for the Jeep® Grand Cherokee and the highest level of May sales for the Dodge Charger in six years. Overall, total sales rose 2 percent to 218,702 vehicles. Fleet represented 31 percent of total sales during the month. On a year-to-date basis, fleet accounted for 22 percent of sales.

"On a year-over-year basis we have increased our average transaction prices by more than $3,000 a vehicle and still managed some notable sales increases," said Reid Bigland, U.S. Head of Sales. “In its first full month on sale, our all new Jeep Gladiator pickup truck delivered more than 2,500 vehicle sales, our Ram pickup truck sales soared 33 percent and the Jeep Grand Cherokee delivered its best May sales ever.”

See the attached table for the breakdown of brand and nameplate sales.

Model

82                      95                 -14%

3,782                  4,538              -17%

7,442             10,016            -26%

FCA US LLC

218,702           214,294                2%

890,027           913,212            -3%

At an event tonight in Detroit, Cadillac delivered a one-two punch for those craving for a bit of performance with the introduction of the 2020 CT4-V and CT5-V. On paper, the two models aren't what we were expecting. Instead of the firebreathing monsters that were the ATS-V and CTS-V, the CT4 and CT5-V are more in line with middle children of German automakers - Audi S4, BMW M340i, and Mercedes-AMG C43 and E43.
      CT4-V
      To say we're a bit surprised that Cadillac is showing off the performance variant of their upcoming entry-level sedan would be an understatement - the reveal of the standard CT4 is expected to happen in a few weeks. Aimed at the likes of the Audi S3 and Mercedes-AMG A45, the CT4-V uses a 2.7L turbo-four from the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra. It makes 320 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque. Power flows through a 10-speed automatic to either rear or all four wheels. No manual is available. Other mechanical bits to be aware of are four-piston brake calipers at all corners, and Magnetic Ride Control being standard on RWD models - AWD sticks with conventional shocks.
      Design-wise, the CT4-V looks like it could be mid-cycle facelift for the ATS with a similar profile. The front end mimics the larger CT5 with a wide grille and unique headlight shape. Around back, there is a boat tail effect for the trunk lid with a small lip spoiler and quad tailpipes.
      CT5-V
      Cadillac appears to be playing it quiet with the CT5-V's design. The only bits that set it apart from the standard model are the dark trim, quad-tailpipes, rear diffuser, and new wheels. Under the hood is a twin-turbo 3.0L V6 making 355 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque. For those keeping score, that's 20 more horsepower than the CT5 with this same engine, while torque is unchanged. Like the CT4-V, the CT5 routes power through a 10-speed automatic and either rear- or all-wheel drive. An electronically controlled limited-slip differential, Magnetic Ride Control, Performance Traction Management system, and four-piston brakes finish off the changes.
      The CT4-V and CT5-V are expected to go on sale early next year.
      Our Big Concern
      We find ourselves wondering what is Cadillac thinking? On paper, these models make more sense as V-Sport models considering what's being presented. Badging them as V dilutes hardcore image that the past few models have brought forth. Why is Cadillac doing this? Autoblog may have an answer. According to a Cadillac representative, the brand is wanting to bring in a broader set of buyers to showrooms, hence they are making them less hardcore. This will allow them to bring V versions of other models like their crossovers. But there are hardcore versions coming in the pipeline according to the rep.
      Still, we can't help but wonder if GM has done their classic move of shooting themselves in the foot.
      Source: Cadillac

Cadillac Reveals First-Ever CT4-V and CT5-V
      Expanded lineup adds more choices for spirited performance. Highlights include available Super Cruise, AWD, Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, eLSD and new V-Mode Driven by Cadillac’s latest turbocharging technology and building on more than 15 years of performance credentials, the first-ever 2020 CT4-V and CT5-V were unveiled today, expanding choices for the brand’s V-Series performance sub-brand.
      Following the 2019 CT6-V, they grow the V-Series family with even more levels of performance, while preserving the lineage established by the original V-Series lineup introduced in 2004.
      “The new V-Series sedan lineup defines modern sophistication by combining luxury appointments with thoughtful technology and athletic refinement for the discerning enthusiast,” said Brandon Vivian, Cadillac executive chief engineer. “We are inviting even more customers into the V-Series family by adding a new level of elevated performance between our Sport models and the ultimate, high-performance track capability that the V-Series has grown to represent.”
      The first-ever CT4 and recently introduced CT5 represent Cadillac’s realigned sedan portfolio, characterized by new proportions, innovative technologies and more appearance and performance choices. Each is built on Cadillac’s award-winning rear-wheel-drive Alpha architecture, with the V-Series models developed to deliver the ultimate blend of performance, presence and road-going refinement.
      Both share the latest standard V-Series performance technologies, including Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, which is tuned specifically for V models to enhance comfort without sacrificing performance-oriented responsiveness, and drive modes that include new V-Mode personalization. Each model is available in RWD or AWD and features a 10-speed automatic transmission, Brembo front brakes with eBoost electronic assist and a limited-slip rear differential on CT4-V and electronic limited-slip differential on CT5-V.
      Cadillac’s exclusive Super Cruise1, the first true hands-free driver assistance feature for the freeway, is available on more than 130,000 miles of limited-access freeways in the U.S. and Canada. It will be available on both new V-Series models.
      “The new lineup expands the V-Series ethos, drawing more customers into the Cadillac Performance family, and the newest Vs are focused on elevated athleticism and luxurious refinement for customers wanting a dynamic daily drive,” said Mark Reuss, GM president. “And this is only the beginning of the V family. Cadillac’s passion for performance shines on a racetrack. Stay tuned.”
      Vehicle highlights

CT5-V — The first-ever CT5-V builds on the precision-focused details of the all-new luxury sedan introduced earlier this year to offer elevated road performance and an engaging driving experience.
      Powered by Cadillac’s high-output 3.0L Twin Turbo V-6 engine, which uses low-inertia turbochargers to enhance power production across the rpm band. It is rated at a Cadillac-estimated 355 horsepower (265 kW), pending SAE certification. 10-speed automatic transmission. Electronic limited-slip rear differential. Standard RWD and available AWD. V-Series performance chassis with Magnetic Ride Control 4.0. Performance Traction Management. Vehicle Control Mode with customizable V-Mode. Brembo front braking system. 19-inch wheels and summer-only performance tires2 (all-season tires available with AWD). Dark exterior accents and V-Series mesh grilles; unique rear diffuser and quad exhaust tips. Super Cruise1 available. Unique performance persona instrument cluster and V-Mode steering wheel control. CT4-V — Developed for a new generation of sedan customers, the first-ever CT4 blends nimble handling and Cadillac’s signature technology. The CT4-V takes these traits further, infusing the brand’s racing DNA for a dynamic, responsive and exhilarating driving experience.
      Powered by Cadillac’s high-output 2.7L Turbo engine featuring a unique three-step sliding camshaft that helps optimize performance at all speeds. It is rated at a Cadillac-estimated 320 horsepower (239 kW), pending SAE certification. 10-speed automatic. Limited-slip rear differential. V-Series performance chassis with Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 (on RWD) or ZF MVS passive dampers (on AWD). Vehicle Control Mode with customizable V-Mode. Brembo front braking system. 18-inch wheels and summer-only performance tires2 (all-season tires available with AWD). Near-perfect 50/50 weight distribution for an exceptional feeling of balance and control. Dark exterior accents and V-Series mesh grilles; quad exhaust tips, unique rear spoiler design that helps reduce rear lift while increasing grip for the rear tires. Super Cruise1 available. Unique performance persona instrument cluster and V-Mode steering wheel control. MORE TO COME
      The CT4-V and CT5-V go on sale early in the 2020 calendar year, with production at GM’s Lansing Grand River facility in Michigan. Additional product information, as well as details on additional V-Series variants and CT4 Luxury, Premium Luxury and Sport models, will be announced at a later date.

CT4-V
      CT5-V
      The CT4-V and CT5-V are expected to go on sale early next year.
      Our Big Concern