2020 Jeep Gladiator Leaks Out (We Think)

The name wasn't the only thing to be leaked out

What you see before you is the 2020 Jeep Gladiator pickup - at least we think it is. According to the Jeep Gladiator forum, a poster managed to grab these pictures and text from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' media site before being taken down. A lot of the information seems to fit in line with various rumors we have been reporting over the past year or two.

• Come standard with the 3.6L Pentastar V6 paired with either six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic
    • 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 will be available as an option
    • Max payload comes in at 1,600 pounds, while max towing is rated at 7,650 pounds
    • Two four-wheel drive systems (Command and Rock-Trac) will be available
    • Beefy Dana 44 axles joined with electronic lockers front and rear should make for a very capable off-road machine
    • Bed length comes in at five feet and will feature an external power source and integrated tie-downs
    • Being a Wrangler, it will have the option of soft or hard top, and the ability to fold the windshield down.

We'll find out if any this information is the real deal or not when the Jeep Gladiator debuts on November 28th.

Source: JeepGladiatorForum.com
    Pic Credit: Jeep Gladiator Forum

Very cool, I like the Rubicon in both hard top and convertible edition.

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-3_zpsgezcs

[​IMG]

Excited that the wheels are 33 inch off road. Tru-Lock electric front and rear axle lockers, trac-lok limited-slip diff and it seems it has the Power Wagon electronic sway-bat disconnect! :metal:

Shipping with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Rubicon edition has optional Forward facing off-road camera system for ease of obstruction detection when on trail. Pictures look like they have a rear camera too under the Jeep Logo.

Interesting notice, the 3.0 liter V6 EcoDiesel with ESS and 8sp auto trans will be available in 2020, guess as a 2021 model. Cool to see ESS on a Diesel.

So you only get the 3.6 V6 Pentastar at launch on the 2020 models

Already makes the Bison look like crap.

Already makes the Bison look like crap.

Yup, GM had their 10 days of spotlight, Jeep has stolen it pre-release! :roflmao:

Pictures look like they have a rear camera too under the Jeep Logo.

I'm sure it does. I believe it is a federal mandate thing. All new vehicles sold after a certain time must have a back up camera. With that said, I would not be surprised to see other options for trailering borrowed from the Ram.

I think it looks just a tiny bit ungainly. From the side. Now RAM has no need to provide a midsize competitor.

And the Ranger Raptor would get buried halfway back to Australia by this Gladiator. Good on Ford for eating this humble pie.

Every off-road trim of the competition has been put on notice, this thing will bury ALL of them.

Giant cab, tiny bed.  Backwards priorities, imo.  Need to see if there is a shorter cab/longer bed version before I love it.  We still need a midsize Ram though.  Different customers.

I'm thinking this will be pricey, no cheap versions, top out a fair bit higher than the Wrangler Rubicon Unlimitd

Edited by frogger
    • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I doubt if they will do a regular cab, would sell maybe 5% of what a 4dr will....they have their priorities right..they know what will sell to Jeep customers.    This is more of a novelty pickup--think of it as a Wrangler Unlimited with more cargo space.   For a general purpose mid size pickup, that would be from Ram.

Edited by Robert Hall

3 hours ago, frogger said:

Yeah, this will be the most expensive of the mid-size trucks.

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Totally agree with Robert, standard or king cab with big bed is not what the majority want or need. Jeep has this one right, bulk will be fully loaded 4 door trucks for families that want off road capabilities but needs more room to haul stuff. I can so see water tight canopy on the back on the rubicon trail enjoying time away from the cities.

33 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Cab and a half is what I'm calling for with 6.5 foot bed, and it has been strongly rumored.

Well, that was what the prototype was a few years ago...that would make sense also..depends on how much they want to invest.  It could probably be on the same wheelbase as the 4dr.   Something like this but with the new generation interior and front..

jeep-wrangler-pickup-production-Miami-lakes-jeep.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall

New Wranglers in general are hella expensive.  I'd rather have a Ram, I think, than this, for less money.  Although if an extended cab with stick were to crawl in my bed I wouldn't kick it out.

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

That and a diesel would be killer

45 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I like them though.

This is one of the greatest examples where GM misses opportunities to in killing off niche products. The Avalanche.. the CT6-PHEV.. the a convertible that is not a Vette or Camaro.. Hummer.., but especially the Hummer H3T.  This Jeep and the aforementioned H3T look almost identical.. furthermore the H3T and H3 was regarded, when it was out, as one of the best off-road vehicles ever. WTF... GM just doesn't fit GMC with a few Hummer H3/H4 models is beyond me.. and in truth.. they wouldn't even have to do anything different in styling from those vehicles despite a decade being gone.. and people would buy them.

1205020007.jpg2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-3_zpsgezcs

@Cmicasa the Great Totally agree, why GM has not realized that Hummer should be a package for GMC is beyond me.

I loved the H3T Alpha and was planning to get one but by the time I was ready, the product was dead and no new ones available. The few that were on dealer lots were used hard.

Those that do have them and there are plenty around here on the road love their Alpha H3T's.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Much Luv bro... The minute that I sought out that pic of the H3T.. I started to wonder where and when I should pick up a used one.. thing is the closest H3T in my area selling used is almost 300 miles away.. and still sitting at around $30K .. the regular H3 might be a closer option as I am seeing them for about $12-19K based on miles. For me.. it would be a fun run around off-road vehicle. The only thing I would consider changing is seeing if a V8 could go in one cheaply.. if an Alpha could not be found

Edited by Cmicasa the Great

8 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Reading up on them because they would be badass to own.. I think they did offer a 5.3 in the latter year(s).

27 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Correct in the last 2yrs they had the Alpha which had the 5.3 L V8

Sad part is that even the non-V8 models with over 100,000 miles are still fetching high prices due to the ability these trucks can handle but is stupid pricing.

Right now the closest Alpha to me is 700 miles away, Has 122,000 miles and they are asking $22K

Crazy 🤷‍♂️

Total Search does show some very low mileage H3T Alpha's but like Cmicassa has stated, your looking at mid $40K for one.

OK, looked at a few more of the H3T Alphas listed on the East Coast, High $20K to Low $30K gets you one in the 50-70K miles range. Not too bad. Nice White one in NC.

MID 40k FOR ONE OF THEM?!?!

There are some higher mileage ones "near" me for around 20-25k. They are all the I5 though. I can't imagine how slow that vehicle is. But it looks awesome and I would absolutely drive one.

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

MID 40k FOR ONE OF THEM?!?!

Once you drive an Alpha, you can never drive the I5 version again. Night and Day different.

As stated the Alpha was a 5.3L V8.. same as the one that was in my previous Tahoe.. and yes.. I would love one just like the one pictured above in gray.. except I'd probably want Black or dark blue. I drove a few H3s, never an H3T, but I can tell U.. no matter where I went.. I never feared being stuck LOL. one time purposely going into a muddy mess of a field on the Easter Shore of MD, finger hovering next to the roadside/onstar  button, only to come out f it as if I were on flat dry pavement. GM was a FOOL to kill that brand and not simply realign its products and future products with GMC or Chevy.

54 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Used 2010 HUMMER H3T in Fort Lauderdale, FL - 486957501 - 1

Sharp looking that is for sure. Not sure what the mileage is as they state zero on the Autotrader web site.

Just like the Avalanche.... a 2013 LTZ with 45k miles can still command over $35k.  I've seen nicely kept Escalade EXTs in the $60k range.

They've both been out of production for 5 years.

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

They've both been out of production for 5 years.

excuse me wow GIF by Mashable

Next up for an interactive review is the most expensive Volvo I have driven, the 2020 XC90 T8 Inscription - as-tested price of $86,790 with a $995.00 destination charge. Sadly, there is no kitchen sink to find, but this vehicle is loaded. It has four-corner air suspension, 21-inch wheels, a Bowers and Wilkins audio system, massaging front seats, heated steering whee, captain chairs for the second row with heat, panoramic sunroof, and 360-degree camera.
      Power comes from the T8 plug-in hybrid powertrain that I tried in the V60 Polestar a few weeks back. While not as potent as the Polestar, the XC90 still posts some impressive numbers of 400 horsepower and 472 pound-feet.
      Here are some initial impressions
      Despite the hefty pricetag, I don't get the feeling of luxury that the Inscription is supposed to bring. I have to wonder if its due to the black leather and dark wood trim being used. Did I mention that this comes with a crystal gearshift? Ride quality seems to be ok with the 21-inch wheels, but there is a fair amount of tire noise on rough pavement. I'll have more thoughts as the week goes on. In the meantime, if you have any questions, drop them below.

Here are some initial impressions

First off, sorry for not posting an interactive review last week. My day job kept me busy and I needed some time to recharge. Nevertheless, you'll be hearing more about the Lexus RC F and its yellow paint color in a few weeks time as a quick drive review. In the meantime, let me introduce to latest vehicle to enter C&G's Detroit garage, the 2020 Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate.
      This packs a 5.0L V8 engine with 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic. My test car is rear-wheel drive, but you can order all-wheel drive. The Ultimate brings everything to the G90, minus the kitchen sink. There is power-adjustable rear seats with memory; power window shades, 12-3-inch infotainment system, adaptive cruise control with stop and go; and much more. Price? $76,695 with a $995.00 freight charge.
      Now this weeklong evaluation didn't get off to the best of starts. I got a flat tire on the first night as I was driving home from an errand. I don't know if I picked up a nail or something in the tire, but it had to be replaced. A big thank you goes out to Driveshop (the company who is providing all of these vehicles for this run) and Suburban Genesis and Hyundai for getting this done in about a day.
      Once over that, here are some first impressions.
      I can't help but think of the Lincoln Contiental with the G90's design in terms of the profile and certain design touches. The large diamond shape grille doesn't look as comical as it does in pictures. But I can see it being a point of contention. I do wish Genesis had added the 12.3-inch digital cluster that will be going into the upcoming G80 and GV80. V8 is very smooth and quiet, though the twin-turbo V6 is slightly quicker. I'll have more updates throughout the next few days, barring any other sort of incident. In the meantime, if you have questions, drop them below and I'll do my best to answer them.

Once over that, here are some first impressions.

Taking the place of the Toyota 86 this week at the Cheers & Gears' Detroit bureau is the 2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited. A car which I have been wanting to drive since it made its North American debut last spring at the New York Auto Show. The new model solves one of the biggest criticisms I had with the last-generation model, a very boring and plain design. Taking it out last night, I was noticing people glancing at this midsize sedan.
      Power comes from a turbocharged 1.6L four-cylinder producing 180 horsepower and 195 pound-feet of torque. This is paired with an eight-speed automatic. The as-tested price is a surprising $34,465 considering what you get on this including Smart Park, 10.25-inch touchscreen, heads-up display, heated/cooled seats, and more.
      Some first impressions,
      Hyundai has provided an Android smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Note 8) so various writers can try the digital key, which allows a smartphone to take the place of the actual key. I haven't tried it in place of the key yet, but I'm having some confidence issues with it. Whenever I try to connect the phone with car from inside the house, it cannot find the vehicle. I know I'm within range - 10 meters or 32 feet. So far, I have been able to connect with the vehicle once. The interior in my Limited tester is very impressive. Handsome design, quality materials, and roomy. Fuel economy is one area I wasn't expecting to be this good - currently seeing around 33 mpg. I'll have more updates throughout the Sonata's stay, including Smart Park and Digital Key. In the meantime, drop your questions below.

1. Raybob9289