2007 G6 Sedan Pics

I passed by the local Enterprise, and they have 3 2007 G6s in stock, and I took pics of one:

Posted Image

New Hi-Vent 17":

Posted Image

The wheels actually look better in person than the pics on the online order guide, and the tires are Hankook Optimas. Doesn't look like there's foglamps, so I would assume it's a 4-cylinder model. No V6 badge at the back. No change in the interior.

Edited by ToniCipriani

Um. Those are alloy. You can also see the brake caliper.

For a few years, the Buick Century had some real convincing wheel covers over steel wheels, with a removable center cap covering the lugs and all.

Look again. They're "styled" five-spoke steelies with a plastic cover on top. It saves GM $100 per vehicle.

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/08/31/gm-stru...ix-than-alloys/

Are you saying the wheels are similar, or what?

We have 2007 Cobalts, Malibus, Silverados and CTSs, so there are 2007s on dealer lots.

god i hope not, unless of course you mean that they have four. (im gonna go ahead and guess there are two on the other side, too)

maybe there just needs to be a picture of a lexus for all to behold in its wonderment.

then again i did see a three wheeler kit car cruising around the other day. someone said hey, you want to race and he did and wound up breaking his car.

sorry, but i dont see a connection at all whatsoever to that picture.

empowah's referring to the fascia-spoke style wheels standard on the Malibu LT. The steel is shaped like conventional alloys and covered with a similarly-shaped plastic cover. Thus, the brake caliper is visible even though it's technically still a steel wheel.

Look closely, the wheels on this Malibu LT aren't true alloys:

Posted Image

Are you saying the wheels are similar, or what?

We have 2007 Cobalts, Malibus, Silverados and CTSs, so there are 2007s on dealer lots.

The wheels appear similar in style.

For a few years, the Buick Century had some real convincing wheel covers over steel wheels, with a removable center cap covering the lugs and all.

No they aren't. I've seen them in person and I tugged on them. And look closely at the nuts. They're plastic covers, much like the ones on a Cavalier. Edited by ToniCipriani

Hey Paulie, how does that quote tie in?  :lol:  :D

Damnit... when I came back to read your post, I noticed I totally forgot to respond to that quote. Hang on...

You know? I don't think that quote was from this topic! I think I hit quote on another page and shut it accidentally. Anyhoo:

There's nothing wrong with eating a nice, thick banana... I'm sure BV knows that :lol:

Haha...

Anywho... Yeah, checked out a Malibu tonight and sure enough those were wheel covers. Was news to me. Also checked out some 07 Cobalts. The LT gets the same sort of wheels. Cool. Not relavant to this, though, is that an 07 SS in that awesome blue color and the updated interior... might just be my new favorite GM vehicle.

Actually about the new hi-vents, I have a bad vibe that it'll be another attacking point for the media, as in "negative is on the base model you can't get alloys". Right now on base models the only wheel available is this one.

I bet most people won't even notice the difference.

Good news that those boring, plain looking wheel covers are relegated to the "shouldn't-even-exist" Value Leader G6. I don't understand why GM ditched aluminum for steel wheels on models such as the ex-LS Malibu LT. Oh well...at least its not as mind-boggling like trying to understand the ways of Ford Motor Company.

The advantage of course is weight savings. Those steel wheels are slightly lighter than normal steel wheels, which in turn are MUCH lighter than alloys.

And if you can't tell the dif without touching them, who gives a $h!?

And if you get curb rash on one of them..... it is substantially cheaper to replace.

The advantage of course is weight savings. Those steel wheels are slightly lighter than normal steel wheels, which in turn are MUCH lighter than alloys.

And if you get curb rash on one of them..... it is substantially cheaper to replace.

Steel wheels lighter than aluminum?? :blink:

Really, how many times do you look at the clock?

I did a lot when I was delivering, for obvious reasons. I still do a few times per trip to gauge when I'm going to arrive at wherever I am going and decide if I need to call someone to tell them I'm going to be late.

Curb rash is a lot easier to get with these steelies, because like all covers, they protrude out past the tires.

Very true, expect the new steelies are still a bit heavier..

Though they are very good points...

And most people replace their wheels with custom ones anyways...

And if you hit enough potholes or live on a dirt road....

Actually you've got it backward.

Alloy wheels are LIGHTER than conventional steel wheels.

Less unsprung weight at each wheel is one reason alloy wheels are usually favored in handling.....

The new hubcap designs are a good idea look at the design in that G6 I thought they were real. 17 inch rims on a base model!!!...No those are my hubcaps everyone will like the idea and maybe soon it'll catch on.

Yet another good idea from GM that the press doesn't really praise yet it'll probably be seen from the competition maybe soon and everyone will say OMG Honda or Toyota etc. created these cool new hubcaps.

GM needs to replace the Lacrosse's chintzy wheel covers with these. Base-model Buick's should have alloy wheels as standard equipment, but until that becomes reality, these would be a major improvement.

The new hubcap designs are a good idea look at the design in that G6 I thought they were real. 17 inch rims on a base model!!!...No those are my hubcaps everyone will like the idea and maybe soon it'll catch on.

Yet another good idea from GM that the press doesn't really praise yet it'll probably be seen from the competition maybe soon and everyone will say OMG Honda or Toyota etc. created these cool new hubcaps.

Um... It's not a new idea actually, IIRC Chrysler had been doing that for the Intrepids.

Didn't know that well Pontiac's version is alot more convincing with the silver paint.

Although some other brands have used the basic idea of making the wheel cover slots align with the slots in the wheel, GM is indeed the first to use an entirely new type of wheel to make this more convincing. They are called Kuhl wheels. I have always preferred steel wheels for durability reasons, and it seems like a no-brainer that these should be widely used on passenger cars. Alloys are good for high-performance vehicles where every ounce counts, but on a family sedan or minivan, they are a bit silly.

-Andrew L

And the fact that the 07 are at Enterprise lots before being on the dealerlots is sad.....

GM needs to stop with this ..

Igor

161826[/snapback]

Actually, I figured I could be wrong. First, those cars didn't have Enterprise stickers on them. Second, there's a big B&L Motors sign right below the Enterprise sign, and AFAIR, B&L delivers cars for dealers, and possibly PDI.

So those cars could be just readied PDI cars. I just passed by it just now and all of them are gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Um... It's not a new idea actually, IIRC Chrysler had been doing that for the Intrepids.

163448[/snapback]

You're thinking of polycast wheels. Its basically a steel wheel with plastic moulding built in. The Camaro had them in the 70's.

Here's the Intrepid's...

Posted Image