Great new shot of the Acadia and others

Northstar

I'm torn on what vehicle to get in 2008 when the Envoy lease expires.  I want the new Sierra Crew Cab 1500 Z71 4wd... the wife really likes the new Enclave and Outlook... maybe we'll both compromise and get the Acadia.  :lol:

Thanks for posting the pictures.. I love to see GMCs!!!

190498[/snapback]

Funny that you say that. My mother currently has an '04 Suburban, and has said numerous times "I just can't go back to a car, so I think I'll just downsize a bit to a next Tahoe or Yukon next time".

THEN, I was around this past weekend and had Motorweek on, and she was fascinated by the Enclave they showed. "Wow, I really like that--I'd definately drive one of those. How big is it?" So now that, and at least the Outlook are definately on the list, especially after she found out they're just a tad longer than a Tahoe, but MUCH roomier and more adaptable inside, and more car-like all around.

Still a big Tahoe fan, but these new triplets have certainly caught her eye.

Those are great shots.. I just wish they had the Lambadas lined up next to each other.

So is that the production version of the Enclave?  I thought to this point GM had only released shots of the Concept, but then why would they put a concept in with production models?

-RBB

I noticed that too.. I'm sure it's the concept but then I've heard the only difference the production will have is it will seat 8 rather than the concept's 7.

Wow.  It's a lot smaller then I previously thought.  For some reason, I was imagining the Lambdas being slightly larger the Trailblazer/Envoy siblings.  I guess I should've looked at the dimensions. 

:banghead:

190326[/snapback]

they are bigger... just not as tall iirc but longer and wider

i think they are almost as big as the tahoes...

No, these are photos from GM.

Cadillacfan: The Lambdas are bigger than the TB/Envoy, but not the EXT/XL.

190369[/snapback]

keep in mind the ext/xl were almost as big as suburbans...

I have a new desktop.

190452[/snapback]

... you do...? :ohyeah: EVERYONE NEW DESKTOP! :pbjtime:

Guest YellowJacket894

:drool:

A black Acadia is such a beautiful truck. Damn.

GM should make a compact SUV using similar styling cues, then revive the Typhoon. That would really make GMC haul ass. :D

I really don't like driving SUV's, but I am dying to have this vehicle in my household. My wife currently has an Envoy so I am working hard to convince her that this needs to be her next car. Too bad we aren't in the market to replace her car until a few more years. This thing is a looker though.

This does look SHARP in black too!!

I really don't like driving SUV's, but I am dying to have this vehicle in my household.  My wife currently has an Envoy so I am working hard to convince her that this needs to be her next car.  Too bad we aren't in the market to replace her car until a few more years.  This thing is a looker though.

This does look SHARP in black too!!

190737[/snapback]

See, even pictures and printed details of these things are exciting!

Add in extremely flexible and roomy seating for 7/8, a terrific OHC 3.6L matched to a fresh 6-spd, classy styling, some of the best quality out of GM ever, great standard/options choices, etc., and these things are SURE to be a hit.

I've already spec'd out the PERFECT one for us in my head...a White Diamond Saturn Outlook XR FWD, with a few options (power liftgate, rear sensors, sunroof), and the cloth interior. That, or the GMC or Buick--she'd probably pick the Buick first, but the info isn't all out on that one yet. They're so much the epitome of the perfect vehicle for this household, it's incredible that they'll actually be available soon!

Truth be told, I like the looks of the GMC the least (taken relatively, that is). Almost identical to the Saturn, but I'd rank the Saturn a leg up.

So, to me, the GMC is #3, with the Saturn #2 and the Buick #1. The Buick is more voluptuous and luxuriously sculpted (and should be a bit ritzier inside), and the Saturn is a bit sportier and crisper all around, and looks great equally.

Still can't wait to see these things, though, up close and personal and then on the road. Finally, a crossover with all the typical stuff (drives like a car, comfortable seating height, SUV looks) but that also has terrific space and cargo adaptability--not just a little folding pad jammed in the cargo area, unfit for humans, and simply blocking cargo space.

That Acadia does look sharp...a close second behind the ENCLAVE. IMO, the Outlook is a distant third.

After looking at the Enclave for so long with those massive 21" wheels....anything any smaller is going to take some getting used to.

From that picture, the Acadia did look a little smaller than I imagined. I think it was just the angle the picture was taken or something, because the video I've seen on the Enclave with Bob Lutz and others, I thought exactly the opposite. It seemed larger when there was someone standing next to it...than it did in the pictures.

Wow... this pic should be plastered all over so people can see what GM can do.

That Acadia looks real sophisticated, and elegant, especially in the black.

190447[/snapback]

It really does look nice.....no wonder people keep telling me to add it to my list of new family suv/cuv/etc possibilities

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the Acadia in black... I'd rather have the Enclave, but I'd take an Acadia just for the Head-Up Display.

Are there any GM press release photos that have a rendering of the HUD display?