New Enclave Pictures

buickguy

One of the best looking CUV's on the market. My wife and I are leaning toward the Acadia SLT - but the Buick is beautiful - no question.

I just got a brochure in the mail for the Outlook and it looked much better in the full color glossy prints than anything I have seen so far. It speaks well for the upcoming Lambda CUVs as the Outlook is by far the least attractive. I found myself liking the Outlook.

Also, I was recently on the Acadia website and noticed that they claim it will hold a 4X8 sheet of plywood. This is great news. I do a lot of home improvement projects and that is one big drawback of the Highlander, Pacifica and Pilot - not big enough for a sheet of plywood.

These Lambda vehicles are going to be a hit.

The Outlook, the Acadia and the future Chevy clone have nothing on the Enclave.

192172[/snapback]

I like the Acadia better actually. Enclave is nice, but is more feminine. Acadia isn't butch, but it is more masculine (especially the interior) than the Enclave. Also, I expect an Acadia Denali will be every bit as nice as an Enclave.

I hope and pray the production is close to this. If it is, this model could singlehandedly save Buick. The Acadia and the Saturn are mere bit players to this star. And I hope they don't do an entry level model with smaller wheels. Leave that to the bit players.

Posted Image

Edited by HarleyEarl

The Outlook, the Acadia and the future Chevy clone have nothing on the Enclave.

192172[/snapback]

Except for the price.

I like the looks of the Enclave a bit better than the Outlook. However, if we decide to get one of these in 2 years...it will likely be the Outlook seeing how it should be available for a couple thousand dollars less.

Let's hope they don't ruin it like the Aztek.

Buickman

192183[/snapback]

The Aztek?! It started out ugly!! This is starting out beautifull!!! It is clearly production ready. The only thing I see changing is the rear door windows and the size of the wheels. They will have the small fixed rear window like on the rear doors of the Acadia and Outlook. Everything else about the exterior should remain.

Also, I agree - the Enclave (especially on the inside) is much more feminine than the Acadia. The Outlook looks to be more Japanese than the other two.

The Acadia will appeal to more men - the Enclave to women and the Outlook to the ToyoHonda crowd - which will probably be equally split between men and women.

Let's hope they don't ruin it like the Aztek.

Buickman

192183[/snapback]

Always the optimist eh? hows it goin Captain Sunshine?

This is a great looking, high quality vehicle! Period!

This product from the drawing board to production unit is flawless. Why must you put a black cloud around everything they try to do to improve. Your like Eyore for gods sake, have some faith dude! LOOK AT IT ,It can not be screwed up unless some one does it on purpose.imo of course. No offense intended, I just get sick and f*(%$#ng tired of people without any patience while they work on this recovery.GM is doing the best they can .It takes time they just started emplementing the plan a short while ago for petes sake! (the rant is over, and now back to the show.) 8)

Edited by prototype66

WOW I want one so bad.. wonder how much they'll be?

This looks like a perfect suv before an eventual Escalade purchase ;)

192263[/snapback]

Me too! That's exactly the way it should be. The question mark is the Cadillac SRX in relation to this vehicle.....it doesn't have near the visual impact the Enclave does. I'd get this before I'd buy a SRX. With the Enclave coming on stream, it makes one wonder if the SRX is really needed?

Edited by HarleyEarl

Always the optimist eh? hows it goin Captain Sunshine?

This is a great looking, high quality vehicle! Period!

This product  from the drawing board to production unit is flawless. Why must you put a black cloud around everything they try to do to improve. Your like Eyore for gods sake, have some faith dude!  LOOK AT IT ,It can not be screwed up unless some one does it on purpose.imo of course. No offense intended, I just get sick and f*(%$#ng tired of people without any patience while they work on this recovery.GM is doing the best they can .It takes time they just started emplementing the plan a short while ago for petes sake!  (the rant is over, and  now back to the show.) 8)

192206[/snapback]

my words exactly. when you have an agenda, everything looks like a conspiracy to put YOU out of business

Wow, that's a nice looking ride!!

For those of us ready to transition out of our Tahoes and Suburbans as our nests empty out, this looks pretty sweet as a replacement.

Two things I think they should change:

1. Make the pillar between the rear doors and the cargo area black, to match the upper door/window trim;

2. Put a bigger "hood" over the left 2/3 of the dash --- as it stands now, the clock area is going to be almost invisable during the day, when sunlight hits it.

Otherwise, I love it!!

For those of us ready to transition out of our Tahoes and Suburbans as our nests empty out, this looks pretty sweet as a replacement.

192701[/snapback]

We will be trading my wife's Suburban in on the Enclave.....and our nest is still FULL! I don't see a real big vehicle in the pictures, but the dimensions tell a different story. If the kids don't have enough room in the Enclave....then they can walk... :)

I agree, it should be a brushed metal look.

192294[/snapback]

I think this interior is absolutely beautiful, and I'm not sure that that area brushed would look as good - might push toward overkill on the brushed surfaces. *shrug* Just my opinion. I don't mind the non-integrated units, either, because it just makes it so much easier for aftermarket stereo options. I hate to think what a dash adapter kit would cost for a whole new integrated facia with a brushed look. :blink:

I don't mind the non-integrated units, either, because it just makes it so much easier for aftermarket stereo options.  I hate to think what a dash adapter kit would cost for a whole new integrated facia with a brushed look.  :blink:

193166[/snapback]

I think it'd be better for the vehicle to have an integrated unit in the dash, and offer a better stereo option that would make someone not want to go aftermarket, but opt for the dealer-installed option.

Two cents worth....... if a picture tells it at all!

I understand that the Enclave and the Acadia will be built on the same Lambda

platform.

If that is the case, then somebody better get back to the drawing board...QUICK!

The attached pic that I just got of the Acadia second row floor area is either

decieiving in its perspective, or anybody going back there better not wear a shoe

bigger than a 3 or 4!

The step-up for the duct work means that only your heels will touch the floor,

since it sticks out beyond the seat platform.

AND, because of that......... how do you get your feet into the second row?

The space shown to the back of the front row seats is puny!

Somebody needs to go back and look at the ergonomic models again!!!

Posted Image

:banghead:

The third row has plenty of legroom... 33.2 inches. For comparison, the TB EXT/Envoy XL had 32.2 inches of legroom, and they could fit people that were 6'2". If you look at picture of the Outlook, there is plenty of space on the lower level of the floor for feet, especially considering you can put some part of them below the 2nd row seat.

The 2nd row seats do look a little low, but judging from the door panels, they appear to be the same heighth as the front row seats, so I'm guessing they're fine.

That's the third row.

194028[/snapback]

O.K., if that is the third row, then I still have two questions.....

How in the h--l do you get back there without being a contorsionist, and still

where do you put your feet to get in?

Oh yeah, then if this is the third row, where is the baggage/cargo/trunk space?....

and that then means the second row is for two only, with buckets, so how do you

seat 8 ???

's'plain that one please Flybrian...

Thanks. :CG_all:

You need to go to www.gmc.com and click on the Acadia under the New Vehicle Preview tab. Look through the various demos, especially the interior one. There is a video demo of third row access. There is also a picture of cargo space with the third row. You should check it out.

The deal with the 3rd seat is deceiving. It doesn't LOOK like there's much foot space, but neither does it in a Suburban in pictures--but once you're in there, there's definately room.

The 3rd seats in these Lambdas, by FAR, are the best GM has worked out in a while. Fold flat with the floor and should be trully comfortable and fit for humans, unlike the worthless stumps in the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade and also the SRX.

Matter of fact, that's a huge reason why we too will probably be going from a Suburban to one of these, in a few years.

• 6 months later...