Sign in to follow this  
buickguy

2008 LaCrosse Makeover?

52 posts in this topic

Paolino    99

Well, it seems several rumors have been floating around regarding that, including shoving the 5.3L V8 under the hood for a "Super" trim. There was a thread hosting the "new face" of the LaCrosse under the Buick section (I believe it was pinned).

However, I believe there was talk recently that the plans were going to be ditched. So, I can't offer any solid info.

Paolino    99

Here is the image from that thread I mentioned:

Posted Image

ocnblu    774
Even if they don't go through with the 5.3, it still needs a facelift to better fit with Lucerne and Enclave. And actually, the 28 mpg highway rating of the 5.3 is pretty damned good. Edited by ocnblu

Paolino    99

Even if they don't go through with the 5.3, it still needs a facelift to better fit with Lucerne and Enclave.  And actually, the 28 mpg highway rating of the 5.3 is pretty damned good.

198396[/snapback]

Yup yup.

It really could have used a facelift this year. Then again, it needs it because nothing will have the ovoid grille in 2008 with the goodbye of the Rendezvous, Rainier and Terraza.

Not to mention, it just needs an update badly. The design is late 90's/early 2000's.

Paolino    99

LaCrosse will be all-new on EPII for 2009 I believe...so one more model year out of it is prolly what we will get...

198402[/snapback]

See, I keep thinking it's coming out in 2009 for 2010. If that's the case, then one more year isn't that bad. If it's 2 more years, I'd really hope they'd throw a new grille on it.

loki    287

well , there was a news video of it under a sheet...and supposedly shown to people, not on air....i haven't heard any tihng new about scrapping it...

for EPII, i heard a '10 MY would be when it debuts....hopefully the update will boost sales and make it much more fresh....along with revised power, atleast from the 3.6L

Paolino    99

well , there was a news video of it under a sheet...and supposedly shown to people, not on air....i haven't heard any tihng new about scrapping it...

for EPII, i heard a '10 MY would be when it debuts....hopefully the update will boost sales and make it much more fresh....along with revised power, atleast from the 3.6L

198442[/snapback]

As I said in another thread, it'd be nice if the 3.6L put out at least as much power as it does in the cheaper G6 and the Aura.

After the Zetas come out the LaCrosse can drop off the

face of the planet for all I care... once we have a full

lineup of cars in each division including the RWD big

sedans the rest of the stuff will be second fiddle.

Paolino    99

After the Zetas come out the LaCrosse can drop off the

face of the planet for all I care... once we have a full

lineup of cars in each division including the RWD big

sedans the rest of the stuff will be second fiddle.

198495[/snapback]

Uffa.. Not EVERYONE on this planet wants a RWD vehicle -- I'd gather most don't care.

Northstar    11

The NG Lacrosse is a 2010MY vehicle, but it comes out in Jan 2009, so I don't even know if they're going to have a 2009 MY LaCrosse, or just go straight from '08 to '10.

Paolino    99

The NG Lacrosse is a 2010MY vehicle, but it comes out in Jan 2009, so I don't even know if they're going to have a 2009 MY LaCrosse, or just go straight from '08 to '10.

198505[/snapback]

My pessimism thinks it'll be delayed. We seem to have to wait for every Buick product.

Paolino    99

198505[/snapback]

My pessimism thinks it'll be delayed. We seem to have to wait for every Buick product.

CSpec    515

198505[/snapback]

I thought the Ws shut down production in Spring 2008 anyway?

Northstar    11

I thought the Ws shut down production in Spring 2008 anyway?

198579[/snapback]

Yeah, that's right, I forgot it had to be stopped for the Oshawa conversion. So in that case, there will be no '09 LaCrosse.

Also, since the NG is a global car it should get plenty of funding to keep it on track, so I'm guessing it will go as planned.

Paolino    99

Yeah, that's right, I forgot it had to be stopped for the Oshawa conversion. So in that case, there will be no '09 LaCrosse.

Also, since the NG is a global car it should get plenty of funding to keep it on track, so I'm guessing it will go as planned.

198615[/snapback]

I hope that's the case. It'd definitely be nice however to see a refresh. I'm very surprised they didn't change the grille/nose this year as they changed several things on the interior like the faux wood, steering wheel, gauge cluster, cloth seats, etc.

Uffa.. Not EVERYONE on this planet wants a RWD vehicle -- I'd gather most don't care.

198499[/snapback]

Right...don't forget Avis..they need GM FWD sedans...and GM needs good FWD models to compete with the Camry, Accord, Altima, Sonata, etc....hence the importance of cars like the Aura and '08 Malibu...

loki    287

198615[/snapback]

i thought they were just converting one "side" of oshawa.... because the impalas were going away, but the still need production of the grand prix and the lacrosse

Guest Josh   
Guest Josh

Any truth to rumors that next summer the '08 LaCrosse will have a new front end, and portholes?

198371[/snapback]

Take a look at the Chinese LaCrosse. A sign of designs to come??

Croc    268

Take a look at the Chinese LaCrosse. A sign of designs to come??

198781[/snapback]

:banghead:

No!

If you don't know anything real, don't throw out misinformation just for the sake of posting.

============================================

Paulie: I didn't realize they were fixing the wood for 2007! I don't hate that interior any more! Center stack is still plain, but hey no more pumpkin orange plood!

Edited by Croc

Northstar    11

We aren't getting the Chinese LaCrosse, but the next LaCrosse is a global vehicle, so it will be sold in China too. But, that doesn't mean the current Chinese LaCrosse looks anytinglike the NG LaCrosse.

i thought they were just converting one "side" of oshawa....  because the impalas were going away, but the still need production of the grand prix and the lacrosse

198754[/snapback]

Well Oshawa is being converted to one big plant instead of 2 smaller ones. I doubt they would keep one side open just for the Grand Prix and a couple months of LaCrosse production. The Grand Prix was a 2004 model, so by the 2008 MY it will be 5 years old, which is basically the end of a normal car's lifespan.

z28luvr01    170

Yeah, IIRC, the recently redone Chinese LaCrosse is still on W.

Paolino    99

Paulie: I didn't realize they were fixing the wood for 2007!  I don't hate that interior any more!  Center stack is still plain, but hey no more pumpkin orange plood!

198786[/snapback]

Isn't it lightyears better?! I have yet to see it in person, but at least in pictures it looks a lot richer, and even more realistic! Thank God for that!

Maybe for `08, if they refresh the exterior, we'll get to see the new corporate radio inside as well, and maybe some other tweaks to the center stack like the new HVAC controls (although I don't necessarily dislike the current ones, I do feel there are too many little buttons--some can be combined into larger switches like the temperature control).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this