Your favorite season?

What is your favorite season?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite season?

• Spring
    • Summer
    • Fall (autumn)
    • Winter

It's the first of October and I was surprised to see a smidgeon of color in the tree leaves.

I'm definitely a warm weather animal, liking warm places such as CA and FL. However, I would have to say that fall is the most picturesque. I mean, a lot of places look like Thomas Kincaid paintings and, in this cooler weather, you can putz around in a sweatshirt or sweater, do the coffehouse thing and walk on forested paths. Beautiful.

I will be going to Montreal and Quebec in exactly 2 and 1/2 weeks to take a week of vacation. I hope there's enough color when I get there. Every year, the peak time is slightly different.

So, I voted "fall" for the beauty, though summer is more convenient, mainly for the beach weather. What is your opinion?

again I cant vote honestly.

Summer is easiest average and relaxing but I have had so much fun in the winter over my life I have actually looked forward to that too.

I always got stressed during the fall because with my former occupation it meant ..........MUD and I hate MUD, it also meant winter hardships of deep snow and frozen fingies every morning until the blood got circulating. Fall also meant soon everything would be covered with snow. All that did not get done would not get done until spring, so it always stressed me. Then as soon as the first snow hit, it no longer mattered and the world was such a beautiful, peaceful place and my daughter and myself and our dogs and our skis were about to have lots of fun.

I love the spring, when its nice out. It has a sence of renewal, spring fever, the soft color green, my birthday.......week.. :lol: Spring was also mud season and that was my months off from production to get other projects or maintenence done and all that was done at home so, Ill tell you I had the life, it wasnt work it was a way of life. Very humble.

Then comes May and black flies and the first heat waves that feel like an oven from having winter blood, but that all passes and summer is fine except for about 10-15 overly hot days.

Thats how I always looked at it too, we get about 10-15 unbearable summer heat days and about 10-15 unbearable, 20 below winter days, after a few of those, teens and 20's feel like spring........and 30's were T shirt weather

The Northeast is great for seasons, there are things to love and hate about all of them.

I miss my life

About the fall Bob, I think the Adirondacs peak in late Sept so wouldnt E. Canada be fallen in a few weeks ? Im not sure ? We are peak here in the Catskills in about one to two more weeks according to taste. The Ashes are that beautiful Auburn color now, the first trees to change, the vines are in full red. The maples are starting to change. Oaks are last with the burnt orange/red colors. I prefer when the Maples are red and orange and the Oaks are still mostly green. By the time the Oaks change all other trees have dropped. Our whole process here takes nearly a month.

Hate the cold and snow... so winter is out. Hate humidity, but love the sun. Love the colors of the fall and the flowers of the spring. Hmm... Can there be a fifth choice?  Like "no real prefernce as long as winter goes to hell?" :P

199756[/snapback]

I agree with that one. I'd love to have Arizona weather all year.

Summer is the lesser of the other 3 evils in my city...Spring in Vancouver ... RainSummer in Vancouver ... SunFall in Vancouver ... Rain ... FogWinter in Vancouver ... Rain ... Frozen Rain ... 3 inches of snow which melts a day after because of more rain causing, all those idiots who believe their Lexus SUV's AWD allow them to speed down the slick road only to end up in a Canada Post mailbox...

Fall, no contest there.

I just wish that the fall in New England laster from like Sept.

to March with a brief intermission for some snow on

December 24th, 25th & Jan. 1st.

I wish it were like mid-late April through early September all year round. Screw fall, and screw winter.

Spring and Fall. Summer is too hot. I can still go jet skiing and swimming in the spring and fall. It's 95 today, I think I'm going to go for a swim later. Winter is too cold. I hate when it's only 40 degrees when I am driving to work in the morning, glad I have a seat warmer.

I love fall...this is pretty much the last week for fall colors, here though..the leaves are falling faster with the cool nights. I can't really complain about any season here--300+ days of sun per year, dry, snow in the mountains in the winter for outdoor fun, warm but not too warm in the summer....

I love fall...this is pretty much the last week for fall colors, here though..the leaves are falling faster with the cool nights.  I can't really complain about any season here--300+ days of sun per year, dry, snow in the mountains in the winter for outdoor fun, warm but not too warm in the summer....

200069[/snapback]

I interviewed in Denver in 2003. I decided against it. As I drove across Utah and Wyoming, it occurred to me I would be far from "an end"....a coast or boundary of sorts. The other thing, as much as I like to "road trip," if you don't head west into the Rockies or north or south into other mountain destinations: Estes Park, etc. etc, then there are no large urban areas to visit.

It is a nice place that offers a lot, has sunshine and low humidity, including reasonably priced housing (lots of good townhomes in the 'burbs). It didn't feel right. It's weird how, as a Westerner, Atlanta (extremely different from where I grew up) feels like a better fit than an Intermountain West city like Denver.

Regardless, back to weather and seasons, the Rockies probably put on a spectacular color show in the fall and the stands of aspen must be breathtaking. Amazing.

Edited by trinacriabob

Spring...it starts out cold with the promise of getting warmer. 70-degree weather, very low humidity, light breeze...ahh, so nice.

Fall starts off hot with the promise of getting colder...yuck. Winter gets too cold and it snows around here once every 5 years. Summer's always hot, extremely humid, and devoid of any breeze.

Spring. Psychologically, it's a nice change from the winter months, and scorching summer heat hasn't begun yet. The only downsides are weeds sprouting out everything--time to get out the Roundup--and allergies acting up.

Spring, then Fall, then Winter, then Summer. I really enjoy the renewal and green that comes with spring...the temps are in the 60s, light breezes, thunderstorm season, and abundant sunshine. I like rolling down the windows, cranking up some Van Halen, and ripping down the county roads where you can see for miles around you since the corn isn't obstructing the view yet.

Fall is nice too...I like the change from the heat of summer to the colorful times of fall. It makes me think Christmas is right around the corner, you have pretty decent temps, and it's just kind of the season to start bundling up. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's allergy season for me...stupid hay fever.

Winter is great in the beginning when you get the first real snow and the whole landscape is covered in white. Especially if it's cold enough so that the snow is powdery instead of slushy. Wet snow is good for throwing a snowball or two, but it's also a sign that slush is right around the corner, and I really don't like when the streets are covered in gray slush everywhere. Winter starts to get old in February though...by that time, snow is no longer a novelty thing and all the melting starts making a big mess. You get tired of seeing your car dirtied up every day.

I don't dislike summer, but it's hot and humid most of the time. It's great for getting a tan and summer activities like BBQ's and swimming, but overall it's not my favorite season.

Oh, I forgot another reason I don't like summer as much...all the flies, mosquitos, gnats, and Asian Beetles that are everywhere. Those little buggers get old really fast.

Edited by mustang84