Sign in to follow this  
CadillacCTS

JUST RETURNED FROM GM CANADA DEALER ONLY CAR SHOW

Well I just returned from the GM Canada dealer only autoshow in Toronto, Ontario. We were shown the production Enclave, Acadia, GMT-900 trucks, Equinox SS, Torrent GXP, G6 Coupe GXP, Solstice GXP, NEW 08 CTS, NEW 08 STS and finally the 2008 Chevrolet Malibu

The Malibu literally stole the show. Everyones jaws dropped when they unveiled the car. It is simply stunning. Toyota and Honda have some serious competition coming, and thats coming from dealers who also own foreign dealerships. It will be available fall 2007, and we were told to watch for it on this years autoshow circuit. Before anyone asks....We were not allowed to sit in it.

The Torrent GXP and the Equinox SS get the new V6, also in the Acadia and Enclave, which produces 275hp, as well as a sweet dual exhaust system. The vehicles have been lowered to the ground to produce a "low rider" appearance.

The G6 GXP Coupe reminded me of a GTO, with a dramatic Pontiac grill up front.

The Acadia is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L inside. Tight gaps and very nice materials grace the entire cabin. For all you Enclave lovers, you will be happy to know that from concept to production version, no one could tell the differences, minus the "show car" pieces, such as all the screens...Even the leather wrapped dash stays for production!

I dont even know what to say about the 08 STS, it was another that was unveiled, as a clay model, and everyones jaws hit the floor once again.

The 08 CTS looks just as it was shown when Lutz did the report on GM. The grill and headlights are identical. Again we did not get to see these vehicles inside.

I was worried about the new trucks, however after being able to sit in them, I worry no more. The GMC, however is much more classy than the Silverado. I think I will be ordering more GMC's this time than Chevy's for the first time in history! Both interiors are wonderful, huge step up from the current generation. I liked the LTZ and SLT interiors the most though.

Just thought I would drop a few quick lines to let you know that GM made it clear to us that they are serious about staying on top. If they keep bringing out vehicles like the 08 Malibu, than the rest of the auto companies should just toss the towel in now. No kidding. You won't believe the 08 Malibu, and I am critical on GM product.

Edited by CadillacCTS

Sounds exciting! If only we could see them sooner :(

So the Equinox SS and Torrent GXP are rated gor 275 hp? Holy crap Batman! That will eliminate complaints about the lack of power for sure!

Edited by Dodgefan

Sounds exciting! If only we could see them sooner :(

So the Equinox SS and Torrent GXP are rated gor 275 hp? Holy crap Batman! That will eliminate complaints about the lack of power for sure!

204255[/snapback]

Yup, 275hp with the 6 speed auto.

Yup, 275hp with the 6 speed auto.

204257[/snapback]

That's crazy, no one will compain about the lack of power now...it's almost overkill! In the best possible way of course!

A "NEW" 08 STS clay model?----SO the 08 CTS is shown but a "NEW" 08 STS is NOT except for a clay model? A clay model that is to be an 2008 MODEL?? Something isnt correct here! Looking forward to the CTS-MALIBU models but a NEW 08 STS can not be accurate!

A "NEW" 08 STS clay model?----SO the 08 CTS is shown but a "NEW" 08 STS is NOT except for a clay model? A clay model that is to be an 2008 MODEL?? Something isnt correct here! Looking forward to the CTS-MALIBU models but a NEW 08 STS can not be accurate!

204265[/snapback]

I thought the same thing....there can't be a new STS already, but there is. It was a clay model (they told us that, and it looked very real), and they told each and every dealer there that it was for 2008. Just going on what they told us. Unless someone slipped up and was supposed to say.."begins production in 2008."

Edited by CadillacCTS

Wow.  You certainly sound impressed.  If you're so impressed, then GM must be doing some good things.  I'm starting to get really curious about that Malibu...

204273[/snapback]

You and me both

It's good to know that there are continuing signs of life coming out of GM. On AH-HA's short-lived blog, there were a couple of pics of an updated STS, but it looked like a minor refresh (grille, taillights). Maybe that's coming in '08 and the more significant upgrade a couple of years later? On the other hand, who would buy the existing STS when the spectacular new CTS comes out?

Sounds terrific, can't wait for more information on all these cars. I was just thinking today of what a head bangingly stupid thing it is to give Suzuki such a nice powerful SUV (XL-7) and the engines in the American Thetas are so underpowered, comparatively. I hope you are right about the STS for '08 and that the changes are dramatic.

But, how dramatic were the changes? I mean how significantly did the changes seem to the body? Thanks.

Something just popped into my mind after re-reading the original post. If the Malibu stole the show and we know the CTS is going to be awesome, think how awesome the Malibu was!

Since I don't have HS basketball this year, I can go to NAIAS. I think that will be item #1 on the Christmas list!

Thanks for the info. Show season is going to be excellent this year, I think.

I heard a rumor that the new 'Bu will have the 3.6/6 speed combo. That would be awsome, I drove that combo in the aura and it impressed the hell out of me, left me thinging Altima and VQ what?

oh yeah, deffinetly the big surprise here out of all the vehicles is the STS. IF it get the updated 3.6 DI and the new northstar early with a new interior and moderatley updated exterior this could be the biggest step forward for Cadillac since the hole Arts and Science deal started, both a CTS and STS coming out at the same time that is. Was this car a from the ground up redisign like the new CTS or was this clay model clearly based on the current car but with some signifcant alterations?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook