Smart in the us (pics)

Ur_pimp

Posted Image

I saw this parked in a comfort suites hotel parking lot a month or so ago, it was awesome..

Posted Image

I saw this parked in a comfort suites hotel parking lot a month or so ago, it was awesome..

206557[/snapback]

:lol: Look how far back he's parked in that spot. That's the courteous way to park a Smart. Otherwise imagine all the rear end damage from people starting to pull into a supposedly empty spot and then WHAM! Hit a Smart.

wow, I've always only seen them during my vacations abroad..it'd be weird to see one here!

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen a few here in Denver..probably from Zap. They had one on display at the Denver Auto Show last April..sticker price $25k.

Too bad the Smart roadster is no more..I've seen them in Europe..really neat little sports car.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a signage shop around the corner from me in Blue Mound that has three of these out front. They're used as advertising for the sign shop. I thought at first that they were those little GEM electric cars, but on a closer look they are the Smart ForTwos.

Haven't seen any of them driven on the road, but I'll snap some pictures the next time I drive that direction.

:lol: Look how far back he's parked in that spot. That's the courteous way to park a Smart.  Otherwise imagine all the rear end damage from people starting to pull into a supposedly empty spot and then WHAM! Hit a Smart.

206576[/snapback]

Or another smart parks behind you & blocks you in? lol

Those things are going to be in some horrific traffic accidents.

I can see the headlines now:  "Hummer drives over Smart".

223469[/snapback]

I see these every day, and no, they don't strike me as being something that'll just get crushed by a Hummer.

I have had the delight to see a smart sandwiched in between an H2 and a Ford Expedition on a three lane road before, :lol:

• 2 months later...

whats under the hood of those bad boys?

Nothing! The engine is in the back and it's rear-drive.

The engine range includes like 3-cylinder diesel and petrol units, and maybe a tiny 4, but I doubt it.