SEMA '06: 2007 Cadillac SRX Sport

Flybrian

Yikes.

That trim looks like the linoleum we replaced in my basement 10 years ago. This interior is about as far from "Sport" as it gets.

And what's with the bunched-up carpet in the second-to-last picture?

Ah, marble... I thought it was the rumored granite they were going to put in the Escalade.

I like it--like the diamond pattern, like the marble... think it works well.

I think something different like this will catch the attention of others shopping around.

I agree that if that stuff is real marble they made a bad choice. Unless it looks a lot better for real than it does in these photos. Here it looks like like Uncle Howard and Aunt Helen's cultured marble bathroom vanity from 1972. I'm also not too keen on the diamond tufting. It looks like a return to the over wrought tacky that I hoped Cadillac was leaving behind.

The exterior is nothing special (did GM change the rear window for the MCE?) but that interior...talk about yum. The leather looks high-quality and the diamond pattern is stunning and should be standard on every SRX. The new dash is great as well. Hire this woman!

8) I would buy this, this is a hate or love interior and so much better than BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Acura, Infinity or even Lincoln.

It is about time that some one took some risk and stepped up to give a interior that is more than the basic bland copy everyone attitude. :pbjtime:

Like it or not, you have to admit that this interior would really catch on if put into production.

208673[/snapback]

Actually, I don't have to admit it...because I don't think it would. The marble has to go...and the diamond tucking is overdone.

Actually, I don't have to admit it...because I don't think it would.  The marble has to go...and the diamond tucking is overdone.

208702[/snapback]

Aww, come onnn... Admit it...

But anyway, I think celebs (read: people with more money than they know what to do with) would take interest in it. And everyone loves celebs... :rolleyes:

I know you guys are tough critics because you want to see GM do well, but give it a break. Not every car needs to be designed to appeal to the masses and be bland. I applaud this effort and think it all works well together. I love the marble and would take it over cheesy fake-ass 'wood' anyday. Honestly I can't believe this hasn't caught on sooner. The dark brown seats and dash are soooo much classier than the morrocan brown in the Aura. The tufting is a nice touch to exude elegance, but maybe they should have been slightly smaller cross-sections.

Overall definitely takes the SRX up a notch for luxury. My only gripe is that this is considered a "Sport" model. Doesn't seem to fit the treatment given.

Edited by CreativeVision

Shoot me, but I actually like it save for the diamond tuck and how the lighter beige looks out of place going up so far onto the center stack.

208646[/snapback]

The lighter beige should go all the way up the stack, IMO. It looks awkward changing color halfway.

Posted Image

I think people are so used to expecting bland from GM that when they do design a stylish and unique interior like they used to in 1950's and 1960's, people strangely do not know how to handle it.

Had some exotic brand designed this interior, most would say "OMG, so cool..."

Love it or hate it, the seats are definately different. Kinda retro IMO. I've never seen any car at SEMA that I liked the entire package. All the cars at SEMA seem to be a little "different". No matter what seats you put in it, the SRX is a bad ass car.

The center stack looks better than the silver spray paint crap in the rice burner luxos.