Your new favorite song

ocnblu

I heard that for the first time tonight and I thought it was pretty cool. I was never a big fan of hers and her revamp made me even less of a fan but "Say It Right" is a good song.

"Too Little Too Late" has been my #1 since I heard it months ago. Just a great song, IMO, along with "What Hurts The Most" by Rascal Flatts.

The music industry is in such a sad state at the moment. I've found myself listening to commercials on purpose because they're better than most of the crap being played. No melody, you can barely understand what is being sung...it's just noise. I've found myself listening to more and more older stuff from the 90's and going into different genres (like country) and countries (Australia, UK) to find good music.

Off the top of my head:

Hanging By a Moment--Lifehouse

Disease--Matchbox 20

Just about any song from The Killers

Round & Round--Ratt

Armageddon It--Def Leppard

You Give Love A Bad Name--Bon Jovi

I recently discovered the 80s...the cars might not have been spectacular, but there definitely was some good music.

"One of These Days" by P.F.

I remember listening to it as a kid in the late 80s and

early 90s and thinking about how deep it was. Same

era I was dreaming of 5.7TPi powered IROC-Z t-tops,

GMC Typhoons & Grand Nationals.

Still very much obsessed with late 60s Beatles, U2,

Metallica, Depeche Mode, Rob Zombie, etc. etc....

Heh...I don't have just one....

"Lips of An Angel" ... Hinder

"What Hurts The Most" ... Rascall Flatts

"Real Gone" ... Cheryl Crow

"Life Is A Highway" ... Rascall Flatts ("Cars" version, d'oh)

"Every Mile A Memory" ... Dierks Bently

"Move Along" ... All American Rejects

...and a whole host of others....

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

MCinfo.hobbies.RTs.pics.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We all have a song that somehow touched our lives" ... Kenney Chesney ... 'I Go Back'

I've been listening to a lot of Christmas music. In fact, I played Christmas music 24/7 on my computer for about 7 days straight. Everybody finally told me it was annoying haha.

Other than that, I've been listening to new rap songs because of the subwoofer in the Cobalt lol. However, my favorite artist right now is Since October, a rock band who I saw live about a month or two ago. Last night a few guys and I went out to see Hoobastank and Halifax in concert. First time I ever heard Halifax, and both bands did great jobs out there.. it was really nice. Plus, it was a small place so it made it all the more personal and better. Everybody had a great time for only $20; I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

My current favorite songs:

"Welcome to the Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance

"Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood

"Dem Jeans" by Chingy

"I Love It" by Young Jeezy

I've heard their name, but not their music.

They did a full cover of "London Bridges" (by Fergie) and said it was the last time they'd ever do that cover (they did it for some MTV contest and it was one hell of a great cover). They also did a few short covers, but not "Straight Up."

I dont really "like" that damned Ok Go song, but it gets played a lot and gets stuck in my head, so I guess its my brain's favorite song to latch on to. I'm actually getting back into some stuff that I haven't really listened to in a while. A lot of Bob Seger, some Mr. T. Experience, Meat Loaf, Everclear and just other random stuff. There has been a lot of crap coming out lately (Fergie?? Its like the black eyed peas but 15% more suckitude) so I cant say that anything recent has really stuck with me. I do really like Fidelity by Regina Spektor, I haven't gotten around to listening to any of her other stuff but chances are she's got some better stuff since the best songs are rarely the singles.

About the only thing 2006 I've listened to a lot of lately is the Red Hot Chill Peppers 'Stadium Arcadium' double CD, Audioslave's 'Revalations' and the 2006 Miami Vice soundtrack..

Otherwise, I have a steady diet of my usual U2, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Peal Jam, Foo Fighters, with some occasional Tori Amos, Moby, Mogwai, M83, Kraftwerk, The Cure, New Order, Dead Can Dance, and Sigur Ros..

Mine is Nelly Furtado's "Say it Right".  Grooovy.

Yours?

226075[/snapback]

It is a pretty cool song, I have the album, but I bought it for a different song, and not "Promiscuous" either, lol.

It's cool to me... literally. When I listen to it, I get an image of walking outside in heavily falling snow with no wind. Just me, and the snow. Solitude and quiet. Loneliness with hope. Strange, as I do like it.

But, I'm quite the odd person. Sort of hard to pin down. I like to keep them guessing too, lol.

Like in my musica collection, you will find Celine Dion, Matchbox 20, Lifehouse, Creed, Cher, Madonna, Enya, Dido, Third Eye Blind, and others. I think I prefer female vocalists, hehe.

For those who listen to Opie & Anthony you might have

heard this alrady this past friday, for the rest... this is

a priceless Kareoke clip. Painfully funny.

I hope she was drunk, at least that would be some excuse. :blink:

http://www.foundrymusic.com/opieanthony/di...ia.cfm/id/13753

Guest YellowJacket894

I'm digging 10 Year's "Wasteland." The guitar tuning is pretty simple (I think it's Drop Dsus4 Flat) but the way its used gives the riffs in the song a nice finishing touch.

Armageddon It--Def Leppard

Awesome! That is one of my all time favorites. It has classic sound, with just a small hint of "glam" thrown in.
"Love Bites" is a song of theirs I really get into, "Rock of Ages" too but it is overplayed a lot at bars and on the radio.

I've been listening to Rush - "YYZ" and Death - "Misanthrope" a lot lately.

O.B.

I've been listening to Depeche Mode for over a decade and I'm

surprised at how many people give me dear in headlights when

I meantion them. I think D.M. is kind of kind of a modern day

version of Pink Floyd with some German Techno mixed in.

My current favorites on my playlist from D.M. are the songs:

- "Enjoy The Silence" (All I Ever Wanted)

- "It's No Good"