Gas prices impacting your driving habits?

Are gas prices impacting how and how much you drive?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Are gas prices impacting how and how much you drive?

• Yes - most definitely
    • Yes - to some extent
    • Not that much
    • No - not at all
    • Other - clarify

I used to psychologically squeeze by at $ 2.99 a gallon. Now, it's clearly above $ 3.00.

It has definitely changed my driving habits. I was never a lead-foot to begin with, but now I am more cognizant about my RPMs...I try to keep them nice and low at cruise.

But, more so than this, I noticed I am driving less...by just not going somewhere or grouping errands.

The reason I think about this is that it is really $h!ty for the economy. Malls, restaurants, dry cleaners and such depend on you getting into your car as much as you did before to keep their business operations on par with previous years. You know that people are driving somewhat less and merchants are paying the price, while oil companies and related industries are benefitting. Disturbing...to me, at least.

Edited by trinacriabob

Sorry, but at $3 a gallon (for you guys) this question is presently silly. Try $10 a gallon that the rest of the world is paying, then factor that into your monthly driving! Historically, we still haven't reach the pre-1980 levels yet. There is a reason Europe, Asia and South America are all driving go-karts! :lol:

my cars not on the road yet.... but im working on a 3 speed auto, with 3.73 gears.... and this is with a mildly strong 350... so yeah gas is gonna suck... but you know what? as long as i got enough gas to get to school and work, imma enjoy the car the way its meant to be enjoyed....

anyone spare a buck for gas? :huh:

I should probably get a Trek though and ride to work save me about $20 a week. plus the drive is only a couple miles now.i think 8 round trip and on a nice bike thats nothing and no hills to worry about.

No. Of course, many people I personally know who complain about gas prices either own a Ford F-950,000 Super Duty or gladly waste $5.49 at Starbucks on crap drinks. I'd rather put that $5.49 in my car.

Is that your deductible these days?

It doesn't affect my driving as much as it probably should. I still get bored around the house and just up and decide to go to another county for a while to see what's up on their side...but usually when I'm on the way back and pass a gas station, I think to myself "Well, that was a bad idea."

Edited by AxelTheRed

Oh, not much. I still rip around town and down the interstate pretty much the same as always. To encounter 80+ mph is nothing for me when on the freeway.