Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gm4life

It might just be coming!

56 posts in this topic

2008 Buick Park Avenue Might Come Stateside!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reaction to the Chinese Park Avenue has made GM reconsider bringing the Park Avenue over to the US. The original plan was to do a full reskin on the car a la Enclave, however GM is now planning to bring the Chinese Park Avenue to America as early as Spring of next year. Built in Australia, their will be a decontented base model starting at around $40k, excluding the luxury features of the top end model. The ultra-luxury model will be offered, with all the features of the Park Avenue sold in China. Finally, GM will have a true luxury car, and suprisingly, it will come from Buick. Base engine for the Park Avenue is rumored to be the 3.6L DI engine found in the CTS, outputting around 300hp. A Super model is possible down the line featuring the new 6.2L LS3 found in the '08 Corvette. Sales for the Park Avenue are expected to be around 20K units per year. Bringing over the Chinese Park Avenue would be a stopgap move until a Zeta based Buick specific replacement arrives sometime in 2010, starting in the $30ks and replacing both the Lucerne and the Park Avenue sourced from Holden in Australia"

Park Avenue Via GM Insiders

Edited by gm4life

Are you buying one?

Nah, I like the G8 more, but who cares? It means Buick won't have a dated FWD vehicle as their top car.

Reading the article, it seems good that they will bring Regal back..sounds better than LaCrosse and I would think it would have more equity. It would be pretty sweet if he Riviera did make it into production that would be most kick-ass.

Edited by Dodgefan

Are you buying one?

I might.

I'd take one over a G8..... not that there is anything wrong with the G8, but the Park Ave is more my style.

God, that gray profile shot makes the car look sooo boring... it is so generic it can fit any GM nameplate, yet flatter none of them. The interior is exquisite, of course. Passersby don't see the interior of a car, however. Lucerne has infinitely more brand character.

I hope it is creditable seriously, I think it is possible given the out-cry of people like us. It is about time GM listens to customers!

Nah, I like the G8 more, but who cares? It means Buick won't have a dated FWD vehicle as their top car.

Reading the article, it seems good that they will bring Regal back..sounds better than LaCrosse and I would think it would have more equity. It would be pretty sweet if he Riviera did make it into production that would be most kick-ass.

Are you buying the G8 then?

Like I said when I first saw the Chinese Park Ave, it needs to look less like an Impala, especially if it comes over here.

The Lucerne with the 3.6L V6 and a 6spd. automatic had me very excited. I hope and would assume the DTS will get the update too, with a 6spd. automatic! I also would assume it would be paired with the Northstar V8 as well! Other news of the Rendevous makes me hope for a new Torrent sometime along with the GN news and a new Regal! That is all great! Seriously GM and Buick might be an exciting place again! Up next PONITAC! The Park Avenue coming in 2010 also has me very excited, but I can't help but imagine the current one wouldn't due just fine! :D

Are you buying one?

I probably would. I would take a 2 or 3 year lease on this one and then trade in for the next-gen in 2011 or so. Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

Ehh, the Park Avenue isn't built in Australia, and Holden is not known for that kind of differentiation, especially for the interior.

Are you buying the G8 then?

I might...I was gonna save for a Charger...but when I saw the G8...tough call man....

wtf is with the 20 questions?

Edited by Dodgefan

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

everything on GMI seems hard to believe. there's never anyone to stop the wild speculation, from when I've been over there, which is rarely since it's such a maze.

MOre and more I'm begining to think all this back-n-forth

is juat smoke & mirrors to drum up interest & demand

for these cars. Zeta HAS to be the answer. It's ZETA or

dye for Buick & Pontiac if you ask me.

I love the nose of this car... bold, european & yet also

very luxurious. I hope they give it a BIG chrome waterfall

grille & a liberal spash of chrome on the side.

God, that gray profile shot makes the car look sooo boring... it is so generic it can fit any GM nameplate, yet flatter none of them. The interior is exquisite, of course. Passersby don't see the interior of a car, however. Lucerne has infinitely more brand character.

Call me crazy but I say put four portholes on the REAR 1/4

panel above the rear wheel... & give the tail lights some

mroe chrome accents.

MOre and more I'm begining to think all this back-n-forth

is juat smoke & mirrors to drum up interest & demand

for these cars. Zeta HAS to be the answer. It's ZETA or

dye for Buick & Pontiac if you ask me.

I think Pontiac's future rides on Alpha... Both figuratively and literally.

Call me crazy but I say put four portholes on the REAR 1/4

panel above the rear wheel... & give the tail lights some

mroe chrome accents.

IIRC, I remember reading that the B-Body Roadmaster had a strip on the C-Pillar to stylistically represent Buick's portholes of yore. I couldn't find any pics though to illustrate. However, I thought I remembered it having Roadmaster written into the strip also.

Posted Image

Yeah, it's subtle but there is a hint of 1980s portholes on the C-pillar.

Ahh yes the Roadmaster what a fine car indeed. I see alot of older people in very nice area's with them and like 20,000 miles on there 350's!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0