New Saturn Ad Tagline

just finished setting up a wrls network and rebooted and logged into internet. msn home page popped up and what do i see? A new tag line for saturn ads....

RETHINK AMERICAN

and then it proceeds to go through a list of all GM's advantages (warranty, etc.).

Is GM taking the gloves off finally in their advertising?

I like it. Might fall on its face but at least they are trying.

go to msn.com and see if you see the same thing.

Yes, this is their new mid-May campaign. The ad also plays a video clip.

Speaking of the video....wtf is the part with the V12 BIoTurbo????????????? what are they mustering up? SUPER Saturn on its way? I'M GONNA FREAK OUT!!!! ........... SORRY haha this is to funny...as I'm typing this...the commercial justcame on on tv. :AH-HA_wink:

Just saw this while watching King of Queens... In the beginning, I saw a badge that said V-12 bio turbo :scratchchin: wazup wit that? Maybe they're telling us something about a future Cadillac engine and they subliminally placed it in a Saturn commercial... I hardly believe saturn would get such a huge engine. But BioPower sounds pretty Green Line to me. IDK Didn't Saab have a bio-something or other concept? It might have been called biopower

Edited by dimitri0917

The G8 has an American powertrain no question there. As American as your Grand Prix or my Impala? Maybe not but they were made in Canada. That is not very American... No my Bonneville is as American as you can get so is you '69 Custom-S.

ATTENTION REGARDING V12 BIO TURBO

You people can't read, and didn't follow the format of the commercial. The whole commercial is a set of contrasts (lots of bling vs simple & classy, smoke billowing stacks vs solar panels).

A) It doesn't say "bio turbo", it says BiTurbo (as in, two turbos). It's a Mercedes:

Posted Image

B) It's meant to be a contrast to the picture that follows it, a Saturn "Hybrid" badge. The text says "rethink status" - it's pointing out that today hybrids are becoming (have become?) a bigger status symbol than a big powerful engine.

Edited by PurdueGuy

biturbo v12 or a hybrid... yeah the v12 would be a pick for me. only hybrid i seen i like is the tesla roadster by tesla motors. only draw back is that it freakin sounds like my R/C indy car. as for the ad sure, sounds good. most people are stuck on the craptastic 80's and havent even looked at domestic in years.

Edited by cletus8269

I just saw the new television ad this morning. I love it. I would've never considered buying a Saturn until now. GM hit the nail right on the f@#king head with their new ad for Saturn. I like what they are doing. KEEP IT UP GM!!!!!!!

biturbo v12 or a hybrid... yeah the v12 would be a pick for me. only hybrid i seen i like is the tesla roadster by tesla motors. only draw back is that it freakin sounds like my R/C indy car. as for the ad sure, sounds good. most people are stuck on the craptastic 80's and havent even looked at domestic in years.

The Tesla roadster isn't a hybrid, it's an EV. There's no gas motor in that thing.

Saturn's only been around 17 years. I'm sure an embarassing amount of people don't realize its an American brand yet.

Some people don't know that it's part of GM either, which, on the conquest front, is a good thing.

RETHINK AMERICAN...

THE FLAVOR OF THE WHOLE AD, GOES RIGHT FOR THE JUGULAR. THERE WILL ALSO BE A FULL PAGE PRINT IN USA TODAY, AND A 60 SECOND SPOT.

THE PURPOSE OF THE AD ISN'T TO SAY THAT WE (SATURN), WILL HAVE A V12 BITURBO. IT CONTRASTS, WHAT USED TO BE THOUGHT OF AS AMERICAN, WITH WHAT WE REALLY ARE DOING IN AMERICA. THE MUSCLEMAN(WE USED TO BE) TO LANCE ARMSTRONG(WE ARE NOW) RETHINK STRONG. THE SMOKESTACKS(USED TO BE) TO SOLAR PANELS(WE ARE NOW)RETHINK POWER. ETC...

BUT NO MATTER HOW YOU TAKE THE AD, IT SUITS SATURN, AND GM!

RETHINK AMERICAN...

THE FLAVOR OF THE WHOLE AD, GOES RIGHT FOR THE JUGULAR. THERE WILL ALSO BE A FULL PAGE PRINT IN USA TODAY, AND A 60 SECOND SPOT.

THE PURPOSE OF THE AD ISN'T TO SAY THAT WE (SATURN), WILL HAVE A V12 BITURBO. IT CONTRASTS, WHAT USED TO BE THOUGHT OF AS AMERICAN, WITH WHAT WE REALLY ARE DOING IN AMERICA. THE MUSCLEMAN(WE USED TO BE) TO LANCE ARMSTRONG(WE ARE NOW) RETHINK STRONG. THE SMOKESTACKS(USED TO BE) TO SOLAR PANELS(WE ARE NOW)RETHINK POWER. ETC...

BUT NO MATTER HOW YOU TAKE THE AD, IT SUITS SATURN, AND GM!

Posted Image

The G8 has an American powertrain no question there. As American as your Grand Prix or my Impala? Maybe not but they were made in Canada. That is not very American... No my Bonneville is as American as you can get so is you '69 Custom-S.

Initially, the G8 is pretty much going to be made in Australia by Holden (it is built by Holden as the Commodore I believe), just like the GTO...

Just saw this while watching King of Queens... In the beginning, I saw a badge that said V-12 bio turbo :scratchchin: wazup wit that? Maybe they're telling us something about a future Cadillac engine and they subliminally placed it in a Saturn commercial... I hardly believe saturn would get such a huge engine. But BioPower sounds pretty Green Line to me. IDK Didn't Saab have a bio-something or other concept? It might have been called biopower

Rethink status: V12 biturbo (Mercedes) old status verses Hybrid (saturn Vue and Aura)new status.

Tesla's not even a Hybrid. It's a pure electric car.

Honestly, I'm so confused.

First, Saturn wanted to be an import fighter. Non-American in sensibility.

Then it started to die a slow death.

Now it's becoming an Opel clone, which are from Germany.

When did it become 'American'?

They need to rethink this.

Just because they say something, doesn't make it so.

Image and heritage make long lasting impressions in people.

They need to stop treating customers like they are stupid.

Saturn's image is becoming so incoherent and muddled.

If they are to be successful, they need a clearly defined reason for being.