The fate of 9-2x

Just wondering, now since the GM-Subaru relation's dissolved, will the 9-2x be gone as well? Will the rumoured 9-2 on Delta make a return?

[post="24967"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Subaru will allow Gm to use the 9-2 until the next WRX refresh...so it could
go for a few more years..

Rumor is that the 2006 will be the last-due to the sales...

it's pretty much been a flop anyways...

my guess is GM took some subies apart and got something of clue about how to do RWD.

remember, the epsilon II is to be FWD/AWD.  Lambda too.  I think future Saabs will have AWD.

[post="25073"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm sure GM has their own AWD...

I can see you being right on the taking Subies apart.... :lol:

So we had the Saablazer and Saaburu, time for a Saabrolet?

[post="26319"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually, it was more like a Saabravada. I'm not shedding any tears for the loss of the 9-2X-the Impreza's a cramped, overpriced compact car anyway.

I don't think that SAAB needs the 9-2x. The SAAB 9-3 Sport Combi makes a great wagon and the size is not very different at all. Plus IMO the SportCombi looks nicer AND I would rather have the 2.8T 6 to the 2.5 T boxer 4 anyday of the week. Edit: Link didn't work. I went to Edmunds.com and compared the HHR to the 9-2X to the 9-3 sportcombi. Edited by 91z4me

ehaase: Thank you for being on top of things.

Here's the exact quote from the Times: " . . . The Saab brand is thought to not be worth further investment. Hummer is not seen as a core asset but one that should be sold . . . " Edited by wildcat

That would be retarded if they sold off Hummer and Saab. Hummer is an asset and you'd be so dum to just through out a big money maker (I'm assuming since they are increasingly healthy in sales and are all on nonexclusive platforms) and such a niche maker with potential that hasnt even remotely been grazed (we should see how well teh Sport Combi does before we make nay assumptions).

The 9-2x can essentially be phased out once the SportCombi arrives. With the WRX goving instant reccognizability to the Impreza line, few if any are mistaking the 9-2x for a ground-up Saab (even though it looks better as a Saab IMO). The SportCombi will probably be priced above where the 9-2x is right now, but it should be worth it to get something that's Saab to the bone. All that's missing mechanically is an AWD system. The worst part about the selling of Subaru is the fact that the B9 Tribeca based Saav might be in doubt. I could see through the ugly nose on that thing....it would look fantastic with the Saab corporate front.

the current 9-2 will live about two more years.. i could see it being replaced with something.. maybe based off an opel.. but it probably would be built on the delta platform.. but it probably wont be a cobalt clone.. the proposed 9-6, that was going to be based on the tribeca is dead.. so they will have to look elsewhere for a new Suv..