Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thegriffon

All-new Mazda6 to Debut at the 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show

42 posts in this topic

All-new Mazda6 to Debut at the 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show

Hiroshima, Japan — Mazda Motor Corporation will showcase the world premiere of the all-new Mazda6 (known as the all-new Mazda Atenza in Japan) at the 62nd annual Frankfurt Motor Show to be held from Tuesday, September 11 through Sunday, September 23, 2007.

The Frankfurt Motor Show press days are September 11 and 12, and the public days are September 15–23. Mazda will hold its press conference on Tuesday, September 11, at 13:45 (local time).

The all-new Mazda6 arrives as a full redesign of Mazda's first model to embody the Zoom-Zoom product philosophy …

Posted Image Go to full release at AutoReport

Me likey!

Wow. I'm liking what I see so far. That's a pretty bold and elegant front fascia for a mainstream Japanese sedan.

So looking forward to this. If the new 6 can do for Mazda in the midsize segment what the 3 did in the compact, they would be on quite a roll.

Edited by frogger

Guys.... you're kidding right?

It like an '05 Lancer mated with a '05 Civic Coupe...... there's something else in there too but I can't quite place it yet.

now that is refreshingly different and very nice.

take that, CAMRY and ACCORD.

its a very nice aero form that does not appear blobbish. The new Accord is postively dreadful in comparison.

automakers have gotten very ballsy on putting the hood seam right on a major sculpted character line. look at how tight it is on this mazda. wow.

BTW, km77.com has a high res version of that photo.

i don't even need to read a review. this is already superior to every other midsize, assuming the duratec 35 or 37 is included in the deal. A new mazda6 with a duratec 35 or 37 and a 6 speed manual and I'd have my soulmate back.........

Edited by regfootball

Wow, it looks like a concept! Very cool. Is this based on the Mondeo/S-MAX/Galaxy/S80/V70/XC70/Freelander platform?

Love those headlights, very complex and expensive looking. The front looks very elegant yet bold at the same time...I can't wait to see it.

:nono: :nono: I just don't understand why you guys are getting excited over a GAS with YAT.

I am thinking the same. It is bland with snorkel nose. With eyes bloated from the Mazda3.

:nono: :nono: I just don't understand why you guys are getting excited over a GAS with YAT.

look at an 08 accord, an 07 camry, or a sonata, and you'll understand why we would get excited about an asian sedan that doesn't look like puke on a stick

I see Saturn SKY in the lower fascia. :scratchchin:

look at an 08 accord, an 07 camry, or a sonata, and you'll understand why we would get excited about an asian sedan that doesn't look like puke on a stick

IMO, the '08 Accord is by no means puke on a stick (at least compared to what predates it), but I see what you're saying.

I think it looks pretty good, too.

Edited by DetroitNut90

Very nice looking vehicle. Very luxurious looking as well. Something that this segment is currently missing.

I wonder how much influence there was from the guy who designed the Solstice on this baby?

Puke on a stick. The comments on C&G are the lol-erest :P

That said, I want to see the rest of this car before I pass judgement. Remember the excitement over that Malibu teaser? And when we saw the rest, it was OK, but a big nono on the rear.

As for the greenhouse and interior, it looks like everything else, but there isn't much room for variation in this segment, is there? I hope it's roof is flowing, unlike the Camry, with it's flat roof, reminiscent of a Crown Vic.

you can look at a picture of the 08 accord grille / front end and like it? my God, do we need to call the priest to exercise the CR demons?

I need some of whatever kool aid is being consumed by you people. The '08 Taurus has more originality that this!

I need some of whatever kool aid is being consumed by you people. The '08 Taurus has more originality that this!

A big block of chrome and altezza-style taillamps (not to mention tacked on fender vents) slapped onto one of the most derivative-looking sedans on the market is what you call original?

From what we can see, the Mazda's front fascia is at the very least a cohesive, dynamic design with tastefully-executed details. The Ford Taurus is a failed attempt to inject some kind of life into a hilariously dull design. The result is a mish-mash of tacky (and tired) design cues added on as afterthought. Not originality.

yes... because the Taurus is not another generic asian sedan with yet another trapezoid for a grill. While the Taurus isn't exciting in a "zoom zoom" sorta way, Are you really going to mistake it for anything else?

scrape the logo off and I doubt any of you would have been able to identify the brand.

My first thought when I saw it was that it would make a good Galant refresh.

My first thought when I saw it was that it would make a good Galant refresh.

That incorrectly presumes that enough people buy the Galant now.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room