Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Do you LIKE the new Enclave?

trinacriabob

Do you LIKE the new Enclave?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Well, at last you've seen it, so now, do you like it?

• Yes - a lot
    • Eh - somewhat
    • Nah - not too much
    • No - not at all
    • Other - elaborate

Ok, I go home tomorrow but I have been in Florida and Atlanta for the last 2 weeks. I've seen Enclaves on the road, in parking lots and at the dealerships.

Kudos for the great workmanship and packaging. However, this vehicle is way too rounded, bulbous and has not much going for it in the way of sleekness. I absolutely detest the pillar behind the rear passenger door and the rear storage area.

I'm sure that it will be a fine vehicle and that some will definitely like it. I hope it does well because Buick (and GM) can use all the victories they can muster. However, this is a car I would NOT buy if this were my segment.

Your poll opinion and any comments?

I love the styling..it's a nice change from all the squarish SUVs GM has been doing....nice to see some surface development on the sides instead of the usual slab sides..and the interior is great. Pricing seems competitive with the MDX and RX...

Edited by moltar

Yup... it is overpriced, just as the old Park Ave was.

My biggest problem with the Enclave is the wrong-ways

mounted motor and the resulting Wrong-wheel-biased

AWD. This vehicle should have ridden on the SRX's

sigma chassis with a longitudinal, RWD-biased setup.

No. This time, its worth it.

Annnnd, no.

68, who are you kidding? I'm still waiting for you to get up off one dime to buy anything new GM makes, and I do mean anything including Holden! Jesus Christ, I'll be retired before I see that happen. Your peaching gets old buddy. If I was GM I'd say show me the money or STFU! You'll buy an Enclave when, in 2058? :rotflmao:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Well designed, very viable in the marketplace right now. Size is right, mileage is right. Elegantly designed. It's a great vehicle for what its supposed to do. Upper class families in need of such vehicle cannot go wrong.

Would I want it for me and my family? No. My first choice would be an El Camino Crewman, but since that isnt being made, I'll go with my Avalanche.

68, who are you kidding? I'm still waiting for you to get up off one dime to buy anything new GM makes, and I do mean anything including Holden! Jesus Christ, I'll be retired before I see that happen. Your peaching gets old buddy. If I was GM I'd say show me the money or STFU! You'll buy an Enclave when, in 2058? :rotflmao:

At least he didn't piss and moan about it not being BOF, so maybe he's slowly evolving...or not.

Love it, and I'll put it this way:

Mom finally became interested in an Acadia or Outlook after people at work started new car shopping too, and GM sent her brochures for each. I thought the Saturn could be the winner, for someone in their early 40's, who likes a sporty truck look, and has driven an Avalanche and now a Suburban, so we test drove one. She liked it a lot, and would have bought one that day, if they had the right combo and/or she knew what she wanted. Also just looked at the Acadia, as I knew it drove identically, and she liked the interior more, but the option/feature combo wasn't as compatible.

Then later I said let's go see the Buick. I had NEVER actually fully considered the Enclave for her, despite the upgrades, because it was a Buick and she didn't seem to like the look in recent times she'd seen it. But, we went to a dealer and actually found one, looked inside and out, drove it...and SHE WAS IN LOVE JUST DRIVING OUT OF THE PARKING LOT. Same size, seating/storage adaptability, features, etc. as the other Lambdas, but SO much more elegant feeling AND driving, and a great set of standard/optional features. Aside from the look, the two biggest clinchers were the much nicer seats (a bit plusher and ritzier soft cloth) that were the closest resemblance to our sublime Suburban seats we've found, AND a very much noticeable quieter and smoother drive that was just incredible, but not at all soft & spongy either.

The point? Thought she'd want an Acadia or Outlook...but the second she touched and drove the Enclave, she can't wait to get rid of the Suburban and order one as soon as she can.

Love it, and I'll put it this way:

Mom finally became interested in an Acadia or Outlook after people at work started new car shopping too, and GM sent her brochures for each. I thought the Saturn could be the winner, for someone in their early 40's, who likes a sporty truck look, and has driven an Avalanche and now a Suburban, so we test drove one. She liked it a lot, and would have bought one that day, if they had the right combo and/or she knew what she wanted. Also just looked at the Acadia, as I knew it drove identically, and she liked the interior more, but the option/feature combo wasn't as compatible.

Then later I said let's go see the Buick. I had NEVER actually fully considered the Enclave for her, despite the upgrades, because it was a Buick and she didn't seem to like the look in recent times she'd seen it. But, we went to a dealer and actually found one, looked inside and out, drove it...and SHE WAS IN LOVE JUST DRIVING OUT OF THE PARKING LOT. Same size, seating/storage adaptability, features, etc. as the other Lambdas, but SO much more elegant feeling AND driving, and a great set of standard/optional features. Aside from the look, the two biggest clinchers were the much nicer seats (a bit plusher and ritzier soft cloth) that were the closest resemblance to our sublime Suburban seats we've found, AND a very much noticeable quieter and smoother drive that was just incredible, but not at all soft & spongy either.

The point? Thought she'd want an Acadia or Outlook...but the second she touched and drove the Enclave, she can't wait to get rid of the Suburban and order one as soon as she can.

Hey, I'm 38 and I live in Delaware too as you well know. I love older women in their early 40's. Can I meet your mom, you know just so I can give her the personal GM touch! Yeah, yeah let her take a test ride! :smilewide:

I know I come across as very picky and critical on most vehicles (and in many cases deservedly so, as there are still so many vehicles that are anything but perfect or in need of lots and lots of improvement), but like Outlook, Acadia, and probably the forthcoming Traverse, the Enclave is a superb vehicle, and GM's best modern vehicle ever! My only gripe with the Enclave is that they're lacking on exterior colors (i.e. no real black or included Metallic Red, and I;m not referring to the new black cherry, aka Dark Crimson), that and they still continue the CX and CXL trims, but these are obviously miniscule quibbles, and the Enclave is the first Buick that leaps into the right direction and not just small-steps into it like Lucerne did (or go backwards and fall behind its predecessors in the case of LaCrosse).

So obviously, I voted, Yes, a lot!

Would I buy one for myself? No, because I'd rather drive a car, and the next SUV I own (if it comes to it) will be a 2dr Blazer/Tahoe/Jimmy/Yukon. Would I recommend one to my eventual wife, to a friend, a relative, or a complete stranger? Oh yell yeah. To answer the poll question, I voted "Yes - a lot". It's easily the best Buick built in a long, long time. Stylistically, the thing just screams "I'm a Buick", not "I'm a Lexus RX competitor", or "Rent me for just $35.99 a day at Alamo". The attention to detail an quality both inside and out is obvious. If the Enclave is any indication of where Buick is going, the marque has nothing to fear.

I'd rather drive a REAL Buick, even if it is 49 years old!

Besides, most of my vehicle's total cost (purchase price)

is less than three average new car payments these days.

When the Camaro its showrooms, and it has nothing but

a rubber weatherstip seal for a B-pillar I will put my

money where my mouth is.

... don't make me get mean about that jazzed up Pontiac

6000 of yours with a wrong wheel drive V8.

I'd rather drive a REAL Buick, even if it is 49 years old!

Besides, most of my vehicle's total cost (purchase price)

is less than three average new car payments these days.

When the Camaro its showrooms, and it has nothing but

a rubber weatherstip seal for a B-pillar I will put my

money where my mouth is.

... don't make me get mean about that jazzed up Pontiac

6000 of yours with a wrong wheel drive V8.

please, ... don't make me get mean about why you need that ancient V8! :P

P.S. Hurry up buying that new car, I only have 22 more years left before I retire with 40 years of service!

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

I hope to god it does not take GM 22 more years to make a decent

RWD, V8-powered, (pillerless) hardtop with an optional manual 5/6

speed transmission. If they complately drop the ball on hardtops I

will most likely be driving a CLK500 in the near future. (3/4 years)

As much fun as it is to daily drive the B-59, I'd like a hardtop and

soon... if I can't buy a modern one and I can;t afford a Mercedes

then I'll just buy some 1960s Pontiac or Chevy.

My only gripe with the Enclave is that they're lacking on exterior colors (i.e. no real black or included Metallic Red, and I;m not referring to the new black cherry, aka Dark Crimson), that and they still continue the CX and CXL trims, but these are obviously miniscule quibbles, and the Enclave is the first Buick that leaps into the right direction and not just small-steps into it like Lucerne did (or go backwards and fall behind its predecessors in the case of LaCrosse).

I'm with you on the colors--number wise, they aren't too paltry, but at the same time, there's not very many that jump out at your senses. Like, for instance, we had black--never again, just because of maintenance for her and heat--then white, which she thought would solve the issue, but just shows everything the black didn't, except for scratches. Then, looking at the Lambdas, the very popular Cocoa (Saturn/Buick)/Medium Brown (Acadia) was a first choice, and seriously considered, until ultimately deciding it was just a touch too dark, even if very nice.

Then both the blues were dead (hate blue), no red (loathe red), leaving essentially gold and silver. She's over the brand of Buick being only for old people, but still says gold is an "old people color", which basically then left it at Platinum--i.e. silver.

So, there's a range of choices, but they're all just the standard GM blue, black, red, white, gold, etc., and it'd be nice if there were some more creative and attractive choices like a pewter/silver, a medium gray, maybe an olive, etc.--at least even just on the more luxurious Buick.

As for model, on an Enclave, a CX and CXL are actually really close, the only real difference being cloth vs. leather (a deciding point for most) and different wheels. We'll be going CX when the time comes, simply because the cloth seats are so nice and no fans of leather here, and I'm SO glad at the same time that doesn't limit us to only a few choices and "base" equipment, like the Lucerne or Lacrosse.

I hope to god it does not take GM 22 more years to make a decent

RWD, V8-powered, (pillerless) hardtop with an optional manual 5/6

speed transmission. If they complately drop the ball on hardtops I

will most likely be driving a CLK500 in the near future. (3/4 years)

As much fun as it is to daily drive the B-59, I'd like a hardtop and

soon... if I can't buy a modern one and I can;t afford a Mercedes

then I'll just buy some 1960s Pontiac or Chevy.

Ever considered one of these

1959 Oldsmobile 88 Holiday Hardtop Sedan/Convertible

Posted Image

It's about time Buick made the winner. It's time for it to win comparison tests now and be the best of the year.

I agree. In individual reviews, everyone is raving over it--unless they really try hard to nitpick down to the bare essentials, like an acute angle not being exactly as they would like on a dash vent.

It NEEDS to be the 2008 MT Sport Utility of the year, but we'll see how that goes. If it ends up being something half-arsed like the Highlander, then I will finally agree to the bias comments.

This clip actually sums it all up to me, in terms of real-world impression. It was the Autoline Detroit host and 2 guests just GUSHING over the Enclave, how it should be a winner of many things, and just raving on every little thing:

http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/show/1128?play

And another, just a review:

http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/show/1129/review?play