Spies pick the CTS-Coupe Testing!

Z-06

Although production version will be gorgeous--it would surely trump any competitors if there is no B-Pillar! The concept CTS Coupe had four power window buttons on the door, so all of its windows could open, creating a true "hardtop." The information above that the picture of the profile at the C&D site today is accurate, which shows a B-post added to the previously released profile image, is disappointing!

The roof-line of the CTC is in some ways, a contemporary interpretation of, the American Motors AMX from '68-'70, but I haven't noticed any comments that there may have been an influence, but I thought of it when I first saw this slick CTC roofline. That creased trunk is fantastic, attempting to rekindle the '67-'70 Eldorado sharp bodywork!

gorgeous. i wonder though how tight its gonna be sitting in the back seat. if just in case your in a pinch and need to bring two other people around. i cant imagine it being comfortable back there.

Well, Bob Lutz sat himself in the back before...so it isn't that bad. It's similar to the sedan, but more enclosed in.

But really, if you're buying a coupe, the rear seat is generally not a concern in the least. If it's there and inhabitable, well, just icing on the cake.

:idhitit: That is going to be hot. While it would be nice to not have the B pillar, I can understand the Safety issue and I really do not think buyers will mind. This car will sell well and it will move. The DI engine I think is under tuned just so they can have yearly increases in performance and still have a good gas milage.

Cadillac is back in the game as they should be, a true quality luxury auto builder. :)

Car & Driver says the production version won't have the center exhaust. I don't know what to believe, C&D or the spy shots... :rolleyes:

I'm with you on this one, I don't know which one to believe either. I can't wait until it comes out, I would like to see how it turns out :)

I just checked out the new pictures on autoblog.com.

The car at this point is 99% the show car with the same frenders, wheels and no door handles. The door handels are like the XLR and Vette.

The only thing left in question is the B pillar.

I just checked out the new pictures on autoblog.com.

The car at this point is 99% the show car with the same frenders, wheels and no door handles. The door handels are like the XLR and Vette.

The only thing left in question is the B pillar.

Thanks for mentioning about Autoblog.

I checked out the hi res photo's and to me it looks like it has a B pillar. You can clearly see in pic 4 of 5 the top half of the center exhaust, the cool door handles and what appears to be a connecting piece support for the window that would bump up against a B Pillar. I know a few of you all love the idea of no B Pillar, but for safety and resistance against a roof cave in due to roll over, I suspect that GM will do that.

Thanks for mentioning about Autoblog.

I checked out the hi res photo's and to me it looks like it has a B pillar. You can clearly see in pic 4 of 5 the top half of the center exhaust, the cool door handles and what appears to be a connecting piece support for the window that would bump up against a B Pillar. I know a few of you all love the idea of no B Pillar, but for safety and resistance against a roof cave in due to roll over, I suspect that GM will do that.

IF it is there it is not the end of the world.

the other details though point to a more expensive and less basic Cadillac CTS. which is nothing but a good thing for Cadillac.

Maybe the CTS Coupe will mark the first closer-to-BMW-5-series pricing point. The price point Cadillac needs to get to in order to open up space below for both its Alpha car and the BPG brands.

My humble :twocents: