My new 08 Grand Prix

Well, I got this back in February (February 2nd, to be exact), I posted this on other sites I visit including my sites, but since I wasn't around here, I didn't post here. So here are some photos along with a video clip I have taken the next day I brought my baby home.

The sun's glare made it a bit of a challenge to take a good photo, but at least my Samsung camera did a decent job on them, though not perfect.

Yep, that's me right there, I am a fat little Asian dude as you can see in the clip.

MyGP0.jpg

MyGP1.jpg

MyGP2.jpg

MyGP3.jpg

MyGP4.jpg

MyGP5.jpg

MyGP6.jpg

MyGP7.jpg

MyGP8.jpg

MyGP9.jpg

MyGP10.jpg

MyGP11.jpg

The features it has are: Sunroof, 6CD Changer with Monsoon 9 Speaker audio, Leather, Heated Seats, Sport Package(Fog lights, Dual Exhaust Pipes), Fold Flat Passenger Seat, and ABS. Pretty much loaded without the side curtain airbags. It costed me around $24,700 before taxes. Not a cheap car but.....

Good for you. Congratulations. My preferences aside, the GPs have pretty decent handling, steering, and acceleration even in base trim. Let me know how the leather seats are. The base car I rented last year had the cloth seats, which were just shy of horrible for long trips.

The leather is great. I love every inch of my new car. I tried the seats of the G8s on the show, and I absolutely hated it. It's too soft, and it feels cheap to me. Well, to me at least. Also, I hated the dashboard design which to me, is too plain, and boring. Also, I don't like the fact that it isn't really a North American made. I absolutely hate imports. Part of the reason I got the Grand Prix all due to the foolishness of GM by killing it in place for this trashy import. I don't care about the drivetrain nor power so..... All that matters to me in a car is the American design, and American(Canada included) made, the size, and the styling. I don't like the G8's styling to begin with so..... Since it is nothing more than a re-badged Holden import. I have nothing against Holden nor any Australian make, I just don't want them to do business under Pontiac name. That's all.

Not what I would have spent my twenty-five thousand in change for, but I digress. Congratulations on the new car. Best of luck with it. :)

>>"It had that new car smell, and that's about the best smell in the world. 'cept maybe for *****"<< :wink:

I love that book, and it is one of the best books in the world ... 'cept maybe for Penthouse. :smilewide:

Well, I got this back in February (February 2nd, to be exact), So here are some photos along with a video clip I have taken the next day I brought my baby home.

Yep, that's me right there, I am a fat little Asian dude as you can see in the clip.

MyGP8.jpg

MyGP9.jpg

MyGP10.jpg

Hey, congrats! Funny how we all mention "baby's" birthday. The GP was a serious contender for me and about 3 weeks ago, I put slightly over 2,000 miles on a rented one. (They hate me, I know). I picked out the photos I like best. LOVE that dash - the shape, the in-dash ignition, the round vents....just the way it involves the driver. Also, kudos for getting the base 3800 V6 which will serve you forever, it seems. In the end, we all end up buying what fits us best...in my case I went LaCrosse. But the two cars are joined at the hip!

Enjoy and may you get many years/miles of safe and dependable motoring!